Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Aww man. I hate this Sheffield bashing. Just avoid The Moor, that place is awful but everywhere else around the city centre is amazing. I live just off Ecclesall Road and its the best. I love Sheffield. :heart:

One of my friends lives there and it's a horrible place. Walking round there were some shoes tied to some wire hanging between a street. Apparently it's something to do with drug dealers.

Sheffield has some nice areas but has quite a lot of rough areas.

Liverpools loverly but there's two flaws:

My ex is there

Shefs/manc are better.

As much as I love both liverpool and manchester, I prefer the uni and I like living there too.

edit: my other ex is in sheffield, but he's a whole lot easier to forget about.

Yeah Liverpool is lovely :)

liverpoolxg7on8.th.jpg

Manchester has alot of music places but very busy and scary walking around the in the town center. :hmm:

Isn't manchester and liverpool just as bad technically? XD

Yeah nightwolf :(

Hows your dad doing, Dante?

Hes in Leed hospital now getting worse everyday, he had lots of test done to him and never eats and sleeps well. :(

Im feeling like that i want to speak my mind about some users on here right now.

Hes in Leed hospital now getting worse everyday, he had lots of test done to him and never eats and sleeps well. :(

Im feeling like that i want to speak my mind about some users on here right now.

Sorry to hear that :(

Guest Stefkov
It just feels horrible and unwelcome there. Nobody ever smiles. Everytime I go people are ignorant and rude.

Isn't everyone like that?

Cities in general scare me, even Belfast which is absolutely NOTHING in comparison to the likes of Manchester.... Everyone is pushy. >_> I'm lucky I don't get bloody pushed on the road sometimes. And everything is so big..i'd get lost very easily! hahaha... >_<

i grew up in the middle of no where, and was really scared when i first moved to Birmingham - i only went to the city centre once in my first year, and I barely left halls/campus that year either. much more used to it now, but even after 4 1/2 years it still seems really weird

Guest Stefkov
No not really. It's worse in cities but in Manchester I feel more unwelcome than I do in Leeds.

I've been in Leeds, Bradford, London, Blackpool and Sheffield off the top of my head and none of them are more welcoming than Manchester. Manchester isn't even welcoming. I don't know why I'm replying and defending Manchester.

You liver closer to Sheffield, if the Worksop I'm seeing on google maps is just south east of the place. So you'd like that place better. I like Manchester because I've lived here for 17 years.

fuu

It just feels horrible and unwelcome there. Nobody ever smiles. Everytime I go people are ignorant and rude.

EDIT: look at the crime statistics for Nottingham.

http://www.crimestatistics.org.uk/tool/default.asp?region=8&force=5&cdrp=213&l1=0&l2=0&l3=0⊂=0&v=36

What a wonderful place.

London is even better.

http://www.crimestatistics.org.uk/tool/default.asp?region=9&force=17&l1=0&l2=0&l3=0⊂=0&v=36

Thats misleading. City of london is a specific small area in london, mainly full of high rise buildings and banks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_London

I don't know why I'm replying and defending Manchester... I like Manchester because I've lived here for 17 years.

fuu

Haha! I was thinking the exact same thing earlier when I was attempting to defend Sheffield. I guess most people just feel comfortable in the place that they have spent the most time.

My coupla days; extremely sparse internet connection. Liking the sheffield discussion. I'm still planning on a sheff meet sometime aug/sept.

Been trying to post my fairytale in the creative board for the last 2 days ands till to no avail. This post probably won't even work either.

Played GTA4 a fair bit today. Not a bad game. Kinda like a whole bunch of other games mixed into one. indeed, this is the first GTA I've played properly...

Just watched Save The Green Planet! and was surprised at how not-so-tacky it was. Now once again, I've run out of things to watch.

Guest Stefkov
My coupla days; extremely sparse internet connection. Liking the sheffield discussion. I'm still planning on a sheff meet sometime aug/sept.

I'd go. Depending on the time I might be just a little bit further north or I'll still be at home. Still, I'd meet up.