Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

But...you didn't move. What does that make you? :bouncy:

It makes me awesome. No seriously, I was literally as far over as I could be, walking right next to the wall, and as she turned she walked into where I was. Molly will confirm the people who work in DMS don't have a brain cell between them.

They basically can't tell the difference between a fax and a posted letter.

------

I have been doing Comedy Rainbow audio fixes/audio work/audio pre production/visual pre production work. Hopefully improving on some of the ....criticised portions of the first episode. Win.

Also half way through the working week. Epic Win.

Discovered the existence of cherry cola muffins (thanks hax Goafer) Super Epic Win.

And a parcel got delivered to the sole Post Office in town (of the three) that I will find impossible to get to considering my 9:30 - 5:30 shift. C-C-C-Combo Breaker Epic Fail Blog.org.

:(

I have a feeling its original Jason Howard artwork too.

Started painting at college today. Semi-hate it. I'm painting in oil directly onto a kitchen unit door.

Day dragged, last 1 and a half was just me checking my watch every two minutes. Tired out and had a headache from the sexually innapropriate woman who never wears a bra on my course doing some shit with sawdust and diamonds beside me (dust being inhaled etc).

Then had to go see Twilight again with my sister. It was worse than last time, I realised I hated Edward Cullen even more, and that the dialogue was ridiculous(er) than last time. Had a few micro-sleeps toward the end.

My day. Weird atmosphere at work. Although, everyone's talking to eachother. People I don't know just start talking to me. There's nothing like a future crisis to bring people together. ::shrug:

I had to cancel dinner at my brother's house tonight which sucks, I'm really missing him at the moment. Hopefully see him at the weekend. I've got two app deadlines for friday and I've got to spend all my time on them. She says, logged into knee. I'm multitasking. Currently beefing up some extra curriculars.

Oh and yes, DMS are... intellectually challenged.

Edited by Molly
Just had to

Right, I have been supply teaching since the first week of School. My first school was this one in Caerphilly and since then they have had me back their every week. It's a trek to get to on the train, but I enjoy going there because the staff are great, the kids are lovely and I feel as if I fit in there.

A job has come up there. Maternity leave cover, starting 4th January. I've been waiting for ages for something to come up there and it is, and now the warning lights are flashing. Don't screeeeew this upppp.

However, the application form is in PDF format and you can't edit it directly. You have to print it out and write onto it. This wouldn't be so much of a fail if I weren't a male with disgusting handwriting! :(

You need to write a personal statement with focus paid to many different bits of criteria. But, I'm worried about the buggers reading my bluddy handwriting. How ironic that I probably won't get offered an interview at a Primary School because I suck at a skill which was taught to us in Primary School. God, you are very cruel to me.

I got the trial period of Nitro PDF Pro. Its free, can be found from a google search, and you just double click where you want to add/edit text.

Its pretty easy really :)

it only last 14 days though, then they want moneys.

So! A proper good stint from around 10pm 'til now (with two fag and coffee breaks) and I've got 2,900 words and a chance for a bit o'shut-eye. Will set alarm for 7, and try to wake before 9, then blast through some more reading to beef the biblio, finish my final evaluation, add the intro, remember to add those citations to the big red "REF" things here and there.

Then read it through and start to freak out and worry that I've done it all wrong. I probably have. But I figure I just need to find one (or two!) similar studies to amalgamate into my intro/outro, and blam. Done. It's just impossible to find similar pussy-first-year-type studies on sites like JSTOR full of internationally published, cutting-edge journals.

LONG POST FTFW.

Also played Borderlands (sologay) for about 40 mins. I got to the doctor's, and I had no idea what to do. Turns out the game must have glitched, because I'd killed all the enemies but the scripted sequence didn't start. It did when I restarted though!

Steph; congrats on the job! Sounds like it'll be drama every day. Just your thing :P

Dan; how free? Can I stealz/borrowz it off you in, like, 2 months?

Moogle; Love it. Clearly pissed off your face. Nice!

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and new House is out so, uuhh... I'm gonna watch it before bed!

P.P.S. One month 'til christmas, fuckers!

I am lying in bed and my nose is a river of snot. Just taken some magical (regular) paracetamol. Think I'll call in sick in the morning. The only issue with this is that I have loads on and it'll just create more stress when I go back.

Edited by Mr_Odwin

Flink, you going to use that Nitro PDF Pro when you write "please see me" at the bottom of the kids' work?

pr0 opportunity arisings!

My mate has secured his contract web developing for a telecommunications company, which on top he needs to write one or more articles a month. I offered my services from the beginning. And then when he told me he would be outsourcing to me, your humble fabulous went to retrieve his Journalistic Talent from the boxes in his spacious basement.

*facepalm*

Is this girl with boyfriend?

Yeah that's the one. I feel like such a dickhead. Yes I know I'm a slimy twat.

And now my head is killing me. Fuck sake.

Also the housemate that I kissed before started to act a bit weird around me, as if there was something going on between us. I ignored it at first (if you ignore problems they usually go away) but then she started asking me why I'd kissed her. I can't remember my reply, think it was something along the lines of "it just happened". Although I think she's stopped now.

Also why isn't weird spelled wierd?

Well I went to bed at about 3.10am, set my alarm foolishly for 7am, and woke up about 10:10am. I've totally mastered the art of putting my phone on sleep as soon as it goes off, now. Shit.

100% free, Jayseven sah. And yes, for cookies.
Good man! Maryland or Millie's? I'm holding you to that.

Yeah that's the one. I feel like such a dickhead. Yes I know I'm a slimy twat.

And now my head is killing me. Fuck sake.

Also the housemate that I kissed before started to act a bit weird around me, as if there was something going on between us. I ignored it at first (if you ignore problems they usually go away) but then she started asking me why I'd kissed her. I can't remember my reply, think it was something along the lines of "it just happened". Although I think she's stopped now.

Also why isn't weird spelled wierd?

Ouch, bit of a situation you're in now. So you've kissed two housemates, the one previous (single) thought there may've been something going on. Then I presume you kissed the other housemate (bf) and she wasn't expecting it, so now she's all ignoring-you, perhaps because she's seriously contemplating what to say, if anything at all, to her boyfriend. Advice? Give her room to breathe, and maybe (if you're sure) tell the other girl precisely where you stand.

'Weird'? We've been saying supergrunch hasn't posted enough lately... *turns on the grunchsignal*

Ouch, bit of a situation you're in now. So you've kissed two housemates, the one previous (single) thought there may've been something going on. Then I presume you kissed the other housemate (bf) and she wasn't expecting it, so now she's all ignoring-you, perhaps because she's seriously contemplating what to say, if anything at all, to her boyfriend. Advice? Give her room to breathe, and maybe (if you're sure) tell the other girl precisely where you stand.

Just to clarify she did kiss me back, I didn't force myself upon her. I think we may have kissed twice actually. I think the first time it might not have been my fault. I think that I went to kiss her on the cheek and she kissed me. I may be wrong though, it's not exactly crystal clear.

'Weird'? We've been saying supergrunch hasn't posted enough lately... *turns on the grunchsignal*

*shines pi symbol onto the sky*

At a guess: I before E is a general rule, but it's not something that's forced upon the language irrespective of how it sounds. If you enunciate "weird", has separate phonemes for the "ee" and "ir" parts of the word. It's clear which order they're supposed to be in, so the rule isn't needed. Unlike in say, "receive", where the phoneme is just an "ee" sound and you must check the rule in order to get the spelling.

Also, shame on you MoogleViper.

Haha yeah, I guess they're exceptions again.... The spelling of those two is more related to the letters following them, the pronunciation of the /ā/ like in "eight". I think the spelling of "height" reflects its older pronunciation.

Dang, I was hoping I could answers this, I guess we need the linguistics master after all :heh:

Fucking trains. My one to London with Virgin Trains (should take 1:20) was cancelled so they shoved us on London Midlands which takes an hour longer. Then on the way back part way through they said "we're running twenty minutes late", then still delayed it further and end up taking 2 hours to get back. Not impressed.

But London itself was fine. Was told I had to go to this uni at 3pm on Tuesdays, no other day or time is possible. So I went...into a lecture. They didn't seem to know I was coming and the guy just chatted to me (granted he covered everything) and said "yeah if you wanna look around what everyone is doing feel free" so I did but...took about 15 minutes in total, if that.

Then me and Jodie went for yummy thai food in Bubasa Eathai or something. Then went down the road to some bar for 2 for 1 cocktails and then realised I was in some gay bar. Forgot I was in Soho. Empty in there though, and cheap champagne and amusing HIV awareness literature (was written in an amusing tone, we weren't just making light of it).

Of course any drinks must be followed by a visit to a sex shop. Some things in there I wish I could unsee.

Then went back to Brum, stayed at a friends and played Beatles Rock Band and just got home. Been fun :) Shame I've got work later.