Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wes; he's also a big rugby player :(

nightwolf; They're still cool in general, but they've been friends for nearly 4 years so it's still a bit weird trying to just sit and relax with them in the lounge. The fact that none of them understand me when I say "SO I hear you liek mudkipz?" gives an example of the difference in wavelengths we're on. Certainly not bad living here, though.

Well screw dani then. You don't have to cover her rent so let her make a tit of herself.

nightwolf; They're still cool in general, but they've been friends for nearly 4 years so it's still a bit weird trying to just sit and relax with them in the lounge. The fact that none of them understand me when I say "SO I hear you liek mudkipz?" gives an example of the difference in wavelengths we're on. Certainly not bad living here, though.

Well screw dani then. You don't have to cover her rent so let her make a tit of herself.

At least you don't make the mistake next year when you move out, live with somebody you know or nobody. Good times.

Yeah, its a shame, she threw away two years of uni because she couldn't handle being here or being dumped, so we believe she'll be stuck at her dads forever - sad times.

Thank you for all the support guys! :)

Honestly though, it's probably the best thing that could have happened to me. (Not for Aylesbury, it's a massive blow etc). I hate this job so much and I didn't spend thousands of pounds getting a degree to be doing something that doesn't challenge me in any way.

It could actually be any time next year so if I did get a job before we close I don't think I'll get severance. But I can deal with that.

Ugh, headache. Thankfully Dr. Mummy has prescribed me some painkillers so that I may continue with my work!

Otherwise went to a gig in Cardiff last night - was fun but had to have an early start this morning, as needed to get train back to Reading so that I could attend a meeting with one of my professors and go to class too. Was not fun and probably the reason why I have a headache now.

Life's been stressy lately. I managed to get in contact with an old friend of my ex the other day (the one who tragically died earlier this year) and she's said she's got a big collection of old photos that she can send to me which will be nice. The more memories I can have the better. I'm hoping she has at least a few photos from when I was 16 - there's particular pic of my ex and I on the beach that I always cherished but stupidly got rid of last year (mainly because of pressure from my parents to tidy out my room and get rid of stuff I didn't need anymore...).

Probably sounds kinda creepy but I just feel like holding on to a few mementos. Really miss her lately and I don't know why. Maybe I'm just getting carried away with the glory days of my teenage years? lol.

Mt work announced the Christmas do theme today. It's "Wild West". Once the inevitable Brokeback Mountain jokes were out of the way, I came up with the following ideas:

Fred/Rose West

"Black up" and go as Will Smith from the film

Inevitable comedy 2 man horse

George Bush

Yosamite Sam

My Boss' ideas:

"Dirty Sanchez" the Mexican (Other hilarious feacal facial hair includes, but not limited to: The Dirty Beppe, The Dirty Hogan and The Dirty Grizzly Adams)

A dodgy builder

Does the date clash with MEAT/?

It's the Friday before "Any Meat". If you're lucky, I might still be blacked up. Then you can witness the ultimate "Yo homeslice".

Apparently its illegal to impersonate a black person if you are white.

Someone should tell the chavs. They might want to know.

Mt work announced the Christmas do theme today. It's "Wild West". Once the inevitable Brokeback Mountain jokes were out of the way, I came up with the following ideas:

Fred/Rose West

"Black up" and go as Will Smith from the film

Inevitable comedy 2 man horse

George Bush

Yosamite Sam

My Boss' ideas:

"Dirty Sanchez" the Mexican (Other hilarious feacal facial hair includes, but not limited to: The Dirty Beppe, The Dirty Hogan and The Dirty Grizzly Adams)

A dodgy builder

I've yet to make my member of the year vote, you dressing up as Jim West might just sway my decision. :bowdown:

Yesterday took the wife to see Beyonce in Dublin. Wasn't expecting to enjoy it much (was mostly for Joy) but actually did. Went with my sister, her boyfriend (they had seating tickets) and my two cousins, we had standing tickets. After we got into the O2 around 7.30pm with show due to start at 8. (Doors opened at 6.30). We were just standing round at the back for a few mins then I decided to take Joy to buy her a t-shirt... best timing ever, as after we bought it this guy who I thought was security came up to me. He was a tour manager and said he was giving out "party zone" passes to certain people who bought merchindise, I didn't know what he meant and he said it would get us up the front of the stage... I thought he meant the front of the crowd in front of the stage. I said fair enough and got 2 extra passes for my cousins. When we went up security at the barrier opened it and told us to go through... we were actually in a special area RIGHT NEXT TO THE STAGE. Like litterally. If I wanted to I could have jumped onto the stage easily... however I didn't want to get kicked out also, haha. So yeah we watched the show pretty from the stage. I had to call my sister too to see if she could see us, haha. And yeah Beyonce danced in front of us a few times and shook our hands, haha. It was a decent concert too, she had a proper live band and stuff, guitar, bass & drum solos too which I enjoyed.

Finally found some peeps to live with next year, which is such an amazing weight of my shoulders. Now the only thing I have to worry about it getting all this work done in time for Christmas. Actually cannot wait to be properly living in Sheff, without the hassle of student accommodation.

I went to see Jay-Z in Manchester at the MEN a couple of years back. My mate Diamond (that actually is his name) got us guest listed somehow. It was fuckin awesome. We were right next to the stage next to Kano who was supporting. Was such a good gig :D

-------

My day:

I finished decorating the front room, which has taken me fooking ageeees, then celebrated by completing Mario 3 on my Snes :D

Might have to play through the rest of them (Mario Allstars + World) before i get the new one for the wii.

Guest Captain Falcon
I went to see Jay-Z in Manchester at the MEN a couple of years back. My mate Diamond (that actually is his name) got us guest listed somehow. It was fuckin awesome. We were right next to the stage next to Kano who was supporting. Was such a good gig :D

You've just gone down in my estimation...

-------

My day:

I finished decorating the front room, which has taken me fooking ageeees, then celebrated by completing Mario 3 on my Snes :D

Might have to play through the rest of them (Mario Allstars + World) before i get the new one for the wii.

... but you've pulled it back nicely :p

Guest Captain Falcon
Didn't really appreciate Kano, but Jay-Z is THE man. Reasonable Doubt is such a good album, not forgetting his Black Album. Two of my favorite albums ever.

Think im going for either Mario 2 or Mario World next :grin:

Mario 2 (USA) is such an underrated game in my book - I'd rank it as my favourite 2D Mario game if you don't count Yoshi's Island.

I'm having a totally weird experience seeing so many people typing fluent english sentences online today. It's like a total mind-blow because for the last couple of months there have only been three other native English people that i have come into contact with where i'm teaching in China. Its so bizarre! On the brightside, we are celebrities out here, and its pretty awesome being so special for no apparent reason.

I think i'll have a heart-attack when i go back to England next year. Walking down the street and not having anyone look and take pictures of me?! Damn, i think i'll become rather paranoid and depressed that i'm not special anymore! But, thats a dilemma for next year.

Also, coming to N-E for the first time in so long is pretty weird. It's like my old self is here again, but then i look out of the window and see a sea of Chinese students playing basketball, oh and a bunch of diggers slowly but surely taking down a mountain as part of the 'lets flatten China for more space to do stuff' initiative.

That and i have a class of 50 chinese girls to teach in half an hour. Talk about displacement! I dont know if i'm a fish out of water on N-E, or here in China =/ Help!!!!

Finally found some peeps to live with next year, which is such an amazing weight of my shoulders. Now the only thing I have to worry about it getting all this work done in time for Christmas. Actually cannot wait to be properly living in Sheff, without the hassle of student accommodation.

And can't wait for my visit yes? YES? My annual pilgrimage to Sheffield is the best thing Sheffield ever experiences. True story.

Got a text in the night off my friend saying "I TOUCHED JAMIE ARCHER". Wonderful.

Anyway time for London. :D Lunch at some Thai restaurant, an open day visit thing and then French cinema :D

See you scumbags tomorrow night.