N-Europe

Sorry to hear Molly/ReZ. Good luck with your job hunts :)

Speaking of work. I text my student at 12:20 today asking if he was coming in as I was at some shopping centre and it would have been preferable to stay. He text me an hour later when I was at the train station saying "maybe". Then just over an hour later, when I'm about ten minutes away from uni saying he's not coming in >_< Such a fucking waste of time/money and a loss of money.

I carried on to uni as I had a book to return and had gone that far. Bumped into hot colleague so chatted to her for a while, got her number and we agreed to go for a drink later in the week. So there was some positive. Although she's a Twilight fan apparently. That could be a dealbreaker ladies.

Why are you taking advice from a book written by a bitter lesbian man hater?

Thanks guys. I think Molly and I are both pretty fine about it really (Right?)

I feel bad for some of the other folks. There were a couple of chicks in our centre who cried, and I saw my manager had watery eyes straight after the announcement, and shes a tough cookie so that was heart touching.

Ashley your students need some slaps.

So will you guys have to like..apply for new jobs completely, or will they shift you over to somewhere else (in a similar capacity)?

Rez I asking about mostly, since Molly seems to want to leave anyway.

Yeah. Basically our jobs are moving to Bristol and Edinburgh.

So I could come live with you in your castle?

But even if we wanted the role (which I don't) we'd have to apply for them. Which seems ridiculous. I don't really understand the whole thing to be honest (not from a "I'm annoyed/upset" way) but I just don't get it.....our role is quite a technical thing. With none of the seniors or experienced call handlers there will be queries that pop up from time to time that will cause a huge problem. Meh. Shit company anyway, I'm not proud to have worked for them, as I was with Waitrose.

Say Lavvie.

Thanks guys. I think Molly and I are both pretty fine about it really (Right?)

I feel bad for some of the other folks. There were a couple of chicks in our centre who cried, and I saw my manager had watery eyes straight after the announcement, and shes a tough cookie so that was heart touching.

Ashley your students need some slaps.

I used to work in a call-centre (quite a few, but this one in particular) when I was at Uni. It was pretty good working there because I used to have uni in the morning, then get a bus into town, then work til the evening. Anyway, I worked on the Saturday, then went in again on the Tuesday. Walked through the door, and it was so eerie inside, really quiet. It turns out that the company had gone into administration, and more than 3/4's of the agency staff who were working there had been pulled out. Normally there would be about 6 people on the first floor and then about 20 or so upstairs. Upstairs, there were only about 5 of us, and two or three downstairs. But, the atmosphere was awful. I got a call a day later from my boss who told me that she had to let me go, and she was crying under her breath on the phone.

Then, another call-centre I worked in last summer went into administration about a month after I left and went back into uni. We're call-centre killers. :(

You and Molly have taken it well I think, which is good. There will always be other jobs and other call centres who need staff, so the important thing is that you have the experience under your belt (which counts for so much, it's helped me get into other jobs relatively quickly) and the time to find something new. So, good luck for that. Sorry about your jobs, but maybe this will be a blessing in that your next job will be better than this one?

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I/we needed a push out of that place so it is positive. I just need ONE of the schemes I'm applying for (that start in September) to accept me!! *crosses everything*

That was exactly what I needed when I was made redundant from my crap (albeit well paying) factory job. It was too well paying for me to just leave, so the push was the best thing that could have happened (redundancy payout FTW). Now I work in a job that I'm actually vaguely proud of in an area that I want to persue a career in.

I also got to use the phrase "Thiy tuk urr jeerrbbss!!" and generally be a bit more racist than usual to the Germans (thiy tuk urr jeerrbbss!).

We had to train the Germans who replaced us and I shit you not that someone said to them "You do realise this means war. And let's face it, it didn't play out too well for you last time did it?". Luckily the Germans were ace and laughed along with us.

Redundancies are proper bo, I tell thee.

Edit: 5k redundancy moneys?! Arsehole. All I got was about 3k including a months pay in leu of notice. That said, the company I worked for were a bunch of tight fisted raggamuffins.

Edit x2: Dont worry ReZ, I have a job for you. It's taking* my calls**.

*Polishing

**Tally Whacker

That was exactly what I needed when I was made redundant from my crap (albeit well paying) factory job. It was too well paying for me to just leave, so the push was the best thing that could have happened (redundancy payout FTW). Now I work in a job that I'm actually vaguely proud of in an area that I want to persue a career in.

I also got to use the phrase "Thiy tuk urr jeerrbbss!!" and generally be a bit more racist than usual to the Germans (thiy tuk urr jeerrbbss!).

We had to train the Germans who replaced us and I shit you not that someone said to them "You do realise this means war. And let's face it, it didn't play out too well for you last time did it?". Luckily the Germans were ace and laughed along with us.

Redundancies are proper bo, I tell thee.

Edit: 5k redundancy moneys?! Arsehole. All I got was about 3k including a months pay in leu of notice. That said, the company I worked for were a bunch of tight fisted raggamuffins.

Edit x2: Dont worry ReZ, I have a job for you. It's taking* my calls**.

*Polishing

**Tally Whacker

To be fair it might be less. Basically if we leave before April 24th = £4,227.75 and after is = £5,637.00.

I was...epic filled when I found out.

Guest Stefkov

I don't really know why I want to stay in this place when it's so hard to get to sleep.

The guy in my flat who is actually on the course I was once on says he wants to apply for Rare for his placement. He complains that he has no work to show in his portfolio, he complains that he doesn't know how to use any programs which he needs to know, he had to hand in his application by today I think and yet he had the time to play games all night last night. I think they did it until the morning cos I remember waking up to really loud groans that they seem to be doing a lot more now when they play games. I don't want to hate the guy but he really starting to piss me off.

Apart from that I had a nice relaxed day. Walked to the health centre to see if I was registered which I was so I'll be ringing up tomorrow, then I went to Burger King and had a royale for breakfast. Just need to pick up a letter tomorrow and give it in to the jobcentre then I should be set to start getting job seeker allowance.

Well, that was odd. One of my housemates (who we shall call Mel, for that is her name) is never, ever here. She spends most of her time at her boyfriend's back home, or, at the weekend, at work (also back home), and often just drives into Guildford for lectures then drives home that night - it's a rare week when we see her more than twice.

So, imagine my surprise when I come home to find my other two housemates greeting me with "Will, thank god your home!" - it turns out Mel came in at some point during the day, and decided the kitchen was in such a bad state it needed a complete deep clean and, including everyone else's washing up. Whilst it wasn't any worse than average, and it's never what you would actually call dirty, she left a note with certain sarcastic overtones implying how wonderful she as for doing it, yet she only did it because the mould (what mould? Nothing was more than 24 hours old) was making her feel "physically sick".

This was certainly what you would, if in a generous mood, call "somewhat cheeky" of her, as she repeatedly uses stuff, and doesn't wash it until a week later, or leaves raw meet uncovered either in the fridge or on kitchen surfaces. My other two housemates both regularly clean the kitchen, and the old reason I don't is because it was realised early on I was by far the best at cleaning the bathroom, and agreed to do that on a regular basis if let off kitchen duty, bar exceptional frying disasters. Us three do our own washing up regularly. Mel has never cleaned anything outside her own room and her washing up, and now she's declaring she'll never clean the kitchen again.

In response, Naomi and Lindy wrote a surprisingly forceful reply, although on my return I insisted we rewrite it together to be much less antagonistic, and focus exclusively on the contents of her note. We've all signed it, and left it in the kitchen for her to read when she returns with her boyfriend at some point later tonight. The big issue is she's not going to be exactly best pleased by this response, and I still haven't eaten dinner. They'll be back soon, and I really, really don't want to single-handedly bear the brunt of her anticipated anger. I'm also physically first in the firing line as my room is downstairs, so, upon reading it, if she takes issue (which she likely will), I'll be the first room she gets to.

Punch her boyfriend in the face to show how awesome you are.

This may turn out in her wanting to be with you.

Possible bonus?

Or, you could shout at her for touching your stuff and claim she broke stuff.

This is why I am shit at any social conflict, because I simply make it worse...

I need to get round to typing about my day and my new found perspective on health and education.

So I could come live with you in your castle?

*panting/deranged*

I would love..

to come and live with you in your castle..

forever and forever just like a fairytale...

*whip crack*

I just couldn't live with myself!

My favourite.

Oh, and the answer is yes.

Well, that was odd. One of my housemates (who we shall call Mel, for that is her name) is never, ever here. She spends most of her time at her boyfriend's back home, or, at the weekend, at work (also back home), and often just drives into Guildford for lectures then drives home that night - it's a rare week when we see her more than twice.

So, imagine my surprise when I come home to find my other two housemates greeting me with "Will, thank god your home!" - it turns out Mel came in at some point during the day, and decided the kitchen was in such a bad state it needed a complete deep clean and, including everyone else's washing up. Whilst it wasn't any worse than average, and it's never what you would actually call dirty, she left a note with certain sarcastic overtones implying how wonderful she as for doing it, yet she only did it because the mould (what mould? Nothing was more than 24 hours old) was making her feel "physically sick".

This was certainly what you would, if in a generous mood, call "somewhat cheeky" of her, as she repeatedly uses stuff, and doesn't wash it until a week later, or leaves raw meet uncovered either in the fridge or on kitchen surfaces. My other two housemates both regularly clean the kitchen, and the old reason I don't is because it was realised early on I was by far the best at cleaning the bathroom, and agreed to do that on a regular basis if let off kitchen duty, bar exceptional frying disasters. Us three do our own washing up regularly. Mel has never cleaned anything outside her own room and her washing up, and now she's declaring she'll never clean the kitchen again.

In response, Naomi and Lindy wrote a surprisingly forceful reply, although on my return I insisted we rewrite it together to be much less antagonistic, and focus exclusively on the contents of her note. We've all signed it, and left it in the kitchen for her to read when she returns with her boyfriend at some point later tonight. The big issue is she's not going to be exactly best pleased by this response, and I still haven't eaten dinner. They'll be back soon, and I really, really don't want to single-handedly bear the brunt of her anticipated anger. I'm also physically first in the firing line as my room is downstairs, so, upon reading it, if she takes issue (which she likely will), I'll be the first room she gets to.

Oh no, housemates and cleaning issues! One thing I don't miss about living with others!

Well, it's unfair that she speaks to you all individually. Why don't you just agree to speak to her as a group together later? That way it doesn't put one person on the spot.

Maybe when you speak to her, you could ask what her problem with the kitchen was. If there really was something bad, then you can put your hands up and say you overlooked it. But if not, then she'll look silly.

Oh no, housemates and cleaning issues! One thing I don't miss about living with others!

Well, it's unfair that she speaks to you all individually. Why don't you just agree to speak to her as a group together later? That way it doesn't put one person on the spot.

Maybe when you speak to her, you could ask what her problem with the kitchen was. If there really was something bad, then you can put your hands up and say you overlooked it. But if not, then she'll look silly.

Haha its one reason I'm living with just one person. Somebody I've already told I will scream in their face if its remotely untidy in the house. Hate it hate it.

Cleaning issues!

I've never been excellent at cleaning dishes. Living with shorty and nami, if I was found washing up I'd get a torrent of thank-yous and you-didn't-have-to's from nami.

I have a habit of using the same plate for two, three or five meals. If I'm gorging on microwave meals, or making a sandwich, why use another plate? Why use another glass if all I'm drinking all week is water? Yes, many would say disgusting, but the point (most relevant to my current house) is that I don't use all that much stuff.

My current situation is a bit different; two housemates go away every weekend (leaving piles of crap to do) and moan when they return to a larger pile. One of them is a chef, and likes his kitchen immaculate. The other one never does any washing up, uses everyone elses shampoo/shower gel/toothpaste/hard-to-count-food (I recently bought a box of weetos, and didn't even get a single bowl's worth of it), but he never faces the brunt of it because... er... I dunno. They all like him and don't even know me?

A couple of weeks ago I took the hint, and have since then kept on top of my own stuff (petty), but today I didn't immediately wash up the tray I used (as I was working, then been procrastinating with essay) and the chef said "those are nice clean plates, aren't they Smeds?" while Cricketer smirked. I made promises to do it tomorrow, felt ashamed, retired to my room for more solitary.

So anyway - I just went out and washed up everything that was there. Feel a bit badgered into doing it. I'm more pissed off at the average state of the bathrooms. We have a damp problem and people don't understand that the puddles of water on the floor won't dissapear themselves.

BUT THAT IS LIFE! That's communal living. My work has me out while they're in, and they go out when I get home and I'm too poor to join them. They contribute to my general feeling of 'I'm boring', but I don't help by staying in my room for hours straight. But I need my chill time! Arg.

Big, stupid, non-readable post. I'm gonna watch UFC 106 then play some solo borderlands.

Haha its one reason I'm living with just one person. Somebody I've already told I will scream in their face if its remotely untidy in the house. Hate it hate it.

I thought there were 4 of you in the house?

I thought there were 4 of you in the house?

3, Dani moved out, she didn't even say goodbye to us, were angry thats for sure, hasn't replaced herself, nothing. Good job we have seperate contracts eh? Otherwise I'd be paying her rent too. -.-

But no what I meant was for July next year I'm only living with one other person, guy I know a friend of a friend, he's abit weird, but he's quiet and clean. So it'll do.

So will you guys have to like..apply for new jobs completely, or will they shift you over to somewhere else (in a similar capacity)?

Rez I asking about mostly, since Molly seems to want to leave anyway.

Word on the street is that ReZ has a big TV deal in the works. He's fronting his own insomnia cure DVD.

I don't even use a glass, I just carry my own bottle around all day. Win.

I hated living in a house with 18 people. We had one kitchen to share and two showers (of which one rarely worked) and it was such a mess. After 3 tries I gave up in using the kitchen and just cooked in my room on a tiny portable electric stove.

Woah, Dani moved out?! lol! Why? Mess? OCD-induced fit? You finally made her cry?

She got dumped by her sodding boyfriend. I know I'm an angry person, but by god I'm fuming at her.

1 and a half years of looking after her and she fucks off without a word, doesn't replace herself and leaves in a fucking rush.

:angry:

EDIT: your housemates sound like asses jay. Given I've met most of them, they seem to be different now..