Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Sorry to hear about your cat Dan :( we lost one of our cats a few months back... it's never easy, esp when you know they are ill etc and it's gonna happen and they are a much-loved pet :/ getting another cat at some point down the line does help to a degree but they never replace the memories of the one before, each cat is unique in their own way - goes for all pets really - and I know you probably aren't even considering getting another cat yet but maybe give it some thought, it does help to a degree...

------------------------------------------------------

After not sleeping the night before, I went to bed at 6am-ish today and woke up around 12pm... self-sleep deprivation ftw! I know sleep is important etc but lately I feel the need to stay up well into the morning so... ::shrug: but I'm happy atm so... win I guess. :D

Sorry to hear about the Cat. It's never easy. I lost one a few years back (called Poppy, we got her from a rescue house after she had been mistreated by her previous owners) who was quite old (and partially blind/deaf), wandered off due to fireworks and never came back; and another one a few years earlier who had a sudden heart attack. Both of them were devastating.

Sure, I (well, my mum) still have plenty of cats (there's four in the house), but they're all completely different and each one is important.

my day was going really well...

My cat, Elvis, just collapsed and he's gone to be put down. He's been ill for a long time but I'm absolutely devastated. I loved that cat so much- he's been a part of my life for as long as it's worth remembering.

Best cat ever.

Awww dude I'm so so sorry, our cat had to be put down a few months ago and I saw it happen and was just awful... Really really sorry :( It will get better eventually :(

Sorry about your cat Danster. :(

I just had KFC. They had no corn.

I hope you stabbed someone. I went into a chip shop and they had no chips left once. "We have pies!". I did not ask for a pie, so I did not have a pie.

My boss has been doing the usual Star Wars jokes for a while now (my name is Luke). Today he actually made me a keyring with Darth Vader on it. It's a proper keyring as well since one of our photo packs includes keyrings. I'll admit, it impressed me since no one has gone to that length to make a Star Wars joke to me before. Kudos Mr Boss, Kudos.

Had a lecture today, and then that was it. Afterwards, I was sat outside with a few friends from the course and ended up making it totally awkward. There's a guy who I figured was blatantly gay, and another who with all the flirting they seem to do, who I figured was his boyfriend. They seemed utterly cute together, so I just asked if they were an item and I got the strangest look. He then turned to the girl sitting with us and said "Thats my girlfriend".

Fml.

Went to the cinema to see Triangle with Razz, and just got back. Such a confusing/depressing film! I expected something more...slasher movie like. But instead got this constant re-run of events followed by the strangest of endings. My head hurts.

That's not an epic argument. Try telling your father he's never felt like a father to you. That's epicer :p (should probably sort that out at some point...)

More family drama (which also interlinked with daddy drama). All fun and games eh?

Just been texting brother's super sweet but super ditzy girlfriend about this and that and we discussed the above and both agreed its rather Eastenders-ian. She said if I ever need anyone to talk to she's there which was sweet of her. My brother best not fuck this one up :heh:

And once again, sorry Mr Dan :(

Pretty good day. I've found out I've passed my course, although I'm yet to hear the official mark, so I am now a Master of Science. Makes me feel I should have some superpowers to bend the laws of physics or something. I also saw Brian May of Queen fame at work today. It was odd to think that I was looking at the guy who caused many of my more embarrassing air guitar misadventures.

Just had epic argument with my dad. He said the first ever star wars was episode 3. I said 4... Obviously... Latter trilogy and then first trilogy. He consults wikipedia. I obviously win. Great success!

Please don't mention Star Wars and Fathers. I have literally had my boss say "Luke, I am your Father" about 20 times per day, every day for weeks.

My actual dad drops me off at work until I can get another car and the temptation to get him to drop me off wearing a Darth Vader costume is immense.

Please don't mention Star Wars and Fathers. I have literally had my boss say "Luke, I am your Father" about 20 times per day, every day for weeks.

My actual dad drops me off at work until I can get another car and the temptation to get him to drop me off wearing a Darth Vader costume is immense.

I dunno, "I say, I say our Ashley!" is probably worse :p

Or at least less geeky cool :heh:

(not that my father does that because he's a miserable bastard, but others do)

Went to see Phoenix at Brixton Academy. I think I've acquired a girlfriend during the evening. Time to lay low again.

Awesome gig.

Also finally bought mud guards for my bike. About time. Although the weather so far this week has been amazing. Summer has finally arrived!

Just heard some delightful news which I learnt as I just got home from work. Mummy has been arrested.

Apparently my auntie called [from Manchester] saying Grandma wasn't responding. So she roused my step dad [John] asking for a lift as she'd had a fair bit to drink and went downstairs. As John was getting up he heard the Jag starting. She left a note saying she tried to wake him up but couldn't :s

Then I hear she's crashed the car, and then been arrested. Let the fun times roll.

An alright day.

Didn't go to the EurogamerExpo in the morning, instead did a bit of work, watched PMQs and washed up.

Then printed off my improved CV and went to my placement offices.

Waiting in my placement offices for 2 hours...

Which meant that I missed the chance to go to the Expo in the evening, which didn't bother me too much.

Now just making some assets.

And drinking Pimms.

Do I dare go for the 5th?

I really hope that when I'm drunk on Pimms, instead of being a regular drunk I actually turn into a middle-class toff.

Up at 6:30 begrudgingly, get myself all ready and everything and head off to work. Get here about 9:40 and ten minutes later get a text from my student saying he's not coming in >_< As it turns out I can still claim two hours because I was on route but still. Bloody annoying.

Pottered around town failing to think of something for mother's birthday...again. Had lunch by the river while watching Cougar Town on my laptop. Saw some pigeons having a bath in one of those small water fountains kids run through and SCREAM during nice weather which was amusing until some homeless-looking old guy tried to talk to me so I left. Then as I was walking back to uni a car pulled up asking how to get there (Open Afternoon today) so I began to explain and they asked if I was going there, said I was and they gave me a lift. Then when we got here I walked them to the reception and gave them an impromptu tour. I like when life is random.

So now I'm in the library and have just over an hour to kill. I can either research courses I can do next year or watch Nip/Tuck. Hmmmm.

Yesterday I had work from 10-6, got groped by the manager again, managed to walk all the way to the interchange on the way home (about 10 mins) before realising I'd left my backpack and shoes at work... when I finally got back to sheff I went to jugglesock... and tehre was a grand total of 5 people there. I sent an email to over 100 people and two of the people that did turn up said they didn't get it, so I'm massiv saddenned, and I guess I'll just have to send it again.

But had a few drinks afterwards with some other buddies, pool and it-box, then home for cider and facebook chat with the HGAW (who has now quit work) until about 5am. Totally friend-zone stuff. She's going to help me sort out a halloween costume on friday, and she invited me to xmas dinner with her folks. Yeah, totally friend zone...

Got work at 4:45, so I have two hours to watch Friday Night Lights and Ultimate Fighter! Also supposed to meet jugglesock committee to sort out budget form (but I just woke up and frankly cba)...

Tomorrow is x11 day again! Excited even though it's just a friendly. Finish work at 1, and don';t start til 1 the next day so it will be a good day! I'm not really looking forward to anything today. Woke up too late to do any food shopping, and netto is closed after work so I'll just buy a sandwich for dinner.

I want to try and go back to brighton in november at some point. I usually have a day off during the week from work, so maybe I can get a coupla neighbouring ones off too, then have a brief trip back. Brighton, for me, is basically a guarenteed non-stop social event. There's a short list of people I pretty much have to see when I get back, who would feel offended if I didn't, and, well, it feels like home more than sheffield does anymore.

Good day today.

Got some excellent feedback from my lecturer about my head (3D head, not my actual head. Which is pretty shit by the way).

Went to the team project lecture and team mates were impressed with some stuff I knocked out quickly last night.

The director of the studio also spoke to me again about doing work for the studio.

Going their for the first time on Tuesday.

Except I'm terrified.

I'll actually be in there, with a desk, like I'm one of them.

When I'm really not.

I terrified I'm going to disappoint.

Also, I've never been able to do work in lessons, always wait at home.

Hopefully it'll be better in a studio?

I hope no one can see my screen.

Also, one of the guys who works in their gave me some tips on my character head.

Some really useful tips.

Which I'd never of thought of.

His friend is also working on character animation for Heavy Rain and was telling me some funny stuff.

But in the end he just scared me even more.

Yesterday I saw...

phoenix_united.jpg

They were amazing. Honestly one of the best live bands I've ever seen. They share that honour with Pixies and The Offspring.

Today I went to a lecture by this legend...

noam_chomsky_human_rights.jpg

Noam Chomsky on 'Palestine and the region in the Obama era'. My friend gave me her ticket because she knew how much I wanted to go. She's amazingly wonderful!

What a lecture. Amazing to see him lecture live.

So my day (well, the last 24 hours) has been excellent.

Edit: Forgot, I'd already posted about Phoenix. :/ Bah!

Edited by Daft