N-Europe

the rules are simple: red is better unless you go for the proper budget stuff you're only really allowed to get away with when you're not old enough to drink. In which case, White is far more quaffable.

edit:

this of course discounts the fact that you drink wine properly with food, in which case you drink whatever closest matches the colour of your meal.

...because white is manlier? Red ftw.

Red looks more like blood. And lets face it, thats a selling point. In fact when I poured a glass I saw a red dot on my finger and said "hmm, presume this is wine" licked it and it was.

In fact I need to find a fucking nice bottle of red for xmas. My nan's not a fan (nor is my mother actually) but recently asked me to try some when I ordered a glass at dog racing but it was fucking rank.

Sans tonic is fine :p (although avec Irn Bru is not, contrary to what my friend believes)

Umm long story but basically I had arranged to have two separate family things to celebrate that day, one with him and one with...well pretty much everyone else (incl. mother's partner) because I figured it would be best. Anyway he didn't even know it was my results day until the day before, he presumed it was some random drink, and he found out about the separate meal and rang me up and asked about it and I said I felt it would be better this way and changed the topic and then later he came back to it and I tried the same and he said "what I was trying to get at is I want to come to the meal" and I tried to skirt around it because it would be the most awkward meal ever. He got in a big huff about it and it annoyed me because it was supposed to be a day to celebrate my results and all he could think about is what he wants which is my mother (he has this deluded idea that they'll get back together).

So yeah, its like that again. Yes, it can't be easy that my mother's partner is there but the seating is all separate so there's a chance they wouldn't even see each other anyway. We've been texting and he said I really hurt him all that and I've shown him no support. I said that the divorce was hard on all of us and not once did he ask how I was, instead he used me to relay vindictive comments to my mother. I said he has never supported me and mentioned 4 weeks ago I phoned him to tell him I got a job and he said "good...about your mother..." and since then he has text me once, to ask about mum. I said he makes me constantly feel like a disappointment (he prefers my elder brother, and to know you rank lower in your father's opinion than a serial sex offender sure is a confidence boost). He then said he can't believe I didn't think it would be hard for him to see my mother's partner and I said I knew it would be hard, but pain was not my intent. And I reminded him that at family events I'm supposed to be all smiles and nice toward my brother who I hate. I told him I'd ring him in a few days when we've cooled down and he said "you've made your choice, a few days won't make a difference." I felt like replying "I chose to tell you, you chose how to react." He's so selfish and stubborn and in many ways still a child. Was looked after by his mother and then my mother. We all have to put up with people we don't like sometimes for the sake of others, but apparently not him.

Oh and he said he's sorry we've not been closer (because I told him he defined our relationship when I was younger, i.e. we never spoke, did anything together etc, hell I learned to shave from TV and my nan taught me how to tie a tie, cliches I know but those are supposed to be a father's job ne?) and he'd like us to change that. I replied with "I'm 22. I think its too little too late."

rant-tastic :D I think my graduation may rival Buffy's :heh:

And I have to explain it all to my mother when she gets home in about an hour.

Oh and I went for red wine instead, cheaper :p So its red wine, jaffa cakes and pushing daisies tonight. MANLY.

Ah parents can be so inconsiderate sometimes, I love my parents, but damn they don't understand from time to time, but your dad is just ridiculous.

I hope you have good time mister ashley. When are you coming back to Sheffield? We need to go drinking. :grin:

Today I got ''Star of the Quarter''. Nice to have some recognition, got a little bonusey thing which I'm spending on a massage. Mmmm massage. Might go for hot stones.

Ashley! You, me, bottle of red, white and dessert wine = Plan.

Well done dewdette. I assume people absent weren't eligible? :idea:

;)

Ah parents can be so inconsiderate sometimes, I love my parents, but damn they don't understand from time to time, but your dad is just ridiculous.

I hope you have good time mister ashley. When are you coming back to Sheffield? We need to go drinking. :grin:

Mhm. Spoke to my mother and she said he might have flipped out because I said "mother's partner". If he's deluded enough not to have realised by now then he probably should get some help. Regardless, her partner has agreed to not come. Which is a shame because a) it means my father has won and b) I like my mother's partner, he's a nice person.

And Sheffield I'm thinking January as I have the month off, but I need to co-ordinate all you Sheff folks and see if you're around.

Today I got ''Star of the Quarter''. Nice to have some recognition, got a little bonusey thing which I'm spending on a massage. Mmmm massage. Might go for hot stones.

Ashley! You, me, bottle of red, white and dessert wine = Plan.

Congrats :D And lucky you. I'd kill for a massage, I hate that my masseuse left town (...I hope it wasn't something I showed her).

And that sounds like a great plan :D

Considering im not hot on dead animals and not on best terms with big spiders that image is surprisingly...lacking in affect. Could be because it looks fake somehow (chicken looks sleepy and the spider looks rubbery).

But just wondering how much Dannyboy will flip out :heh:

It's a Goliath Birdeater spider.

Gross.

Friend had one back in college, her house was like a zoo actually. Its a scary little fucker too.

Apprently it escaped once, because they had a stack of spiders (in the glass boxes), her dad grabbed it and it bit him, I was like wtf..:o

My day has been pretty awesome.

Went to programming which was a little lame, because there's a mature student (not that that is the issue) that hogs the lecturers time every single lesson...

I really can't stress enough how bad he is at doing it.

And he's so loud too, you can hear everything he says on the other side of the room, and then silence (the other person talking) and then him again.

Unbelievably irritating...

But he's a super nice guy so...

Anyway, after programming I went to see my 3D lecturer to make sure a head I modelled last night (and just finishing off tonight) wasn't too high poly (meant to be cartoon-y) and he said it was A-Okay.

Came home, ate some food...

Er...

Did a moodboard for this year's team project module.

Er...

Just finishing off my head and...

Distracting myself...

On...

Here...

Really...

Should go...

And stop talking...

Like this.

Have spent the day working on a philosophy essay. It's done but I foresee issues because I haven't been able to cite 4 secondary sources in relation to the question because of the word limit being, well limiting. At 1200 words, you can't really cite any references and address them properly and then answer the question or you'll easily double the word limit. The secondary sources aren't a huge deal (it is a first year philosophy module I'm having to do afterall and my tutor said as much in the tutorial last thursday) so I'm just hoping that the general jist is alright.

That's been the excitement today. Bet you all can't contain yourselves after that riveting piece of information :p Think I may stick some DVDs on and waste away the rest of today as tomorrow I have to do research for a psychology paper so lots of reading of journals and articles. Yay :nono:

Dude - quotes and citations don't count towards your wordcount - and really your argument should be able to flow with the quotes, using them to sustain and support what it is you're saying. Tsk tsk tsk!

Is everyone going down with the sickness? Three of my friends are currently laid up in bed ill, which means I have to suffer boredom through lack of company. No sick leave and no pub trips at all due to my stupidly competent immune system. :nono:

MBAM- I'd agree with the girl wanting the pay rise, she should get paid the same amount for the same role so it does sound like both of you have some form of case, I don't know what to do about not pissing off the manager though but sometimes it just can't be helped.

Yeah I got a bit o' the sniffle at the mo. Could tell a few days ago, when the throat starts getting tickly. Hoping it doesn't get feversome.

Also with the payrise thing, I'd agree that MBAM's workmate is being discriminated against. If you hvae a union, then get in touch with them.

- Woke up feeling great.

- Continued as I head in to work and got texts from people that I wanted to get texts from.

- Get to work only to realise I started an hour early but decide to put in the extra hour unpaid anyway.

- Everything turns to shit and I have an awful shift.

- Supervisor at work gets dumped via text an hour before the end of the day. She's a friend of mine and morale plummets.

- Leave work 2 hours late. Not happy.

- Get home, relax, mood improves.

- Get a phone call from new lady friend and we end up talking for an hour and a half. Mood shoots through the roof and feel awesome. Want to tell someone.

- Talk to my best friends girlfriend about excitement. She disapproves on the basis that she thinks she's unattractive. I disagree, and no more is said.

- As a result, my previous excitement has come crashing down and I feel like crap.

There's my day. It was shit, in essence, when it had the potential to be awesome. And now I'm second guessing myself about whether or not the girl I might be seeing is right for me or not. Ugh. I shouldn't be but I am. I dunno what's wrong with me. I think I'm just stressed but..ugh, I don't know.

The fail starts here. You did an hour free for The Man! FAILOSAUR IS YOU!

Sans tonic is fine :p (although avec Irn Bru is not, contrary to what my friend believes)

Umm long story but basically I had arranged to have two separate family things to celebrate that day, one with him and one with...well pretty much everyone else (incl. mother's partner) because I figured it would be best. Anyway he didn't even know it was my results day until the day before, he presumed it was some random drink, and he found out about the separate meal and rang me up and asked about it and I said I felt it would be better this way and changed the topic and then later he came back to it and I tried the same and he said "what I was trying to get at is I want to come to the meal" and I tried to skirt around it because it would be the most awkward meal ever. He got in a big huff about it and it annoyed me because it was supposed to be a day to celebrate my results and all he could think about is what he wants which is my mother (he has this deluded idea that they'll get back together).

So yeah, its like that again. Yes, it can't be easy that my mother's partner is there but the seating is all separate so there's a chance they wouldn't even see each other anyway. We've been texting and he said I really hurt him all that and I've shown him no support. I said that the divorce was hard on all of us and not once did he ask how I was, instead he used me to relay vindictive comments to my mother. I said he has never supported me and mentioned 4 weeks ago I phoned him to tell him I got a job and he said "good...about your mother..." and since then he has text me once, to ask about mum. I said he makes me constantly feel like a disappointment (he prefers my elder brother, and to know you rank lower in your father's opinion than a serial sex offender sure is a confidence boost). He then said he can't believe I didn't think it would be hard for him to see my mother's partner and I said I knew it would be hard, but pain was not my intent. And I reminded him that at family events I'm supposed to be all smiles and nice toward my brother who I hate. I told him I'd ring him in a few days when we've cooled down and he said "you've made your choice, a few days won't make a difference." I felt like replying "I chose to tell you, you chose how to react." He's so selfish and stubborn and in many ways still a child. Was looked after by his mother and then my mother. We all have to put up with people we don't like sometimes for the sake of others, but apparently not him.

Oh and he said he's sorry we've not been closer (because I told him he defined our relationship when I was younger, i.e. we never spoke, did anything together etc, hell I learned to shave from TV and my nan taught me how to tie a tie, cliches I know but those are supposed to be a father's job ne?) and he'd like us to change that. I replied with "I'm 22. I think its too little too late."

rant-tastic :D I think my graduation may rival Buffy's :heh:

And I have to explain it all to my mother when she gets home in about an hour.

Oh and I went for red wine instead, cheaper :p So its red wine, jaffa cakes and pushing daisies tonight. MANLY.

To be honest, I'd say I can sympathise with your dad about feeling left out, as you are leaving him out. Regardless of whatever emotions and hang-ups, he is your dad.

the rules are simple: red is better unless you go for the proper budget stuff you're only really allowed to get away with when you're not old enough to drink. In which case, White is far more quaffable.

edit:

this of course discounts the fact that you drink wine properly with food, in which case you drink whatever closest matches the colour of your meal.

Madness. While it seems true most of the time, that's most certainly not the rule you should follow!

And Sheffield I'm thinking January as I have the month off, but I need to co-ordinate all you Sheff folks and see if you're around.

Come for my birthday!

OMG we have to walk through. It was BASICALLY two gigantic balloons, like think two bouncy castles right next to each other, and we had to walk through it. It was quite long too. I thought I'd walk through and get out the other side straight away, but alas not. It was a good 30 or so paces. Actually really terrifying.

Late, but this bit reminded me of

a horror maze I did in Florida (which i didn't finish!), as it had one of those. But even more "!". I'm not strictly claustrophobic, but I have a fear of having my arms/legs/body constrained whatever, and one of what you mentioned was in this maze, but it wasn't full body, it was kinda...a hole in the wall, you had to crawl into and through. It looked like two rollers from the outside, but it went on for ages, and I was not up for it, so I fucked off at that point.

Guest Stefkov
Think about waking up with it on your face.

Think about being with your mate. Breaking into a house around Christmas. But there's actually a boy there all alone. And he has a brother who has a pet spider which he sets loose cos he broke his brothers shelves which had the spider's home on it. Then whilst chasing the kid he puts it on your chest. Then your mate smacks you with a crowbar whilst trying to hit the thing.

My day; I quit Uni. Now I need to find a job and earn a lot of money.

I would like to point to my signature to show how I feel right now.

According to keikaku.

Edited by Stefkov

Ahhh weird day.

I got up at 6:30 for school; got showered, had breakfast, made lunch etc. Then half an hour before leaving to school, I figured I actually felt too crappy/ill to go in. My throat was all red and swollen, my neck and back hurt all over and I had a headache. So I just went back to bed and skipped my only lesson heh.

Went in to school at noon though, since we were going to have a student meeting about our possible trip to some country/city (maybe New York) that we have to organise and finance ourselves.

Then after that went to an ice cream place with three friends, where I ate two crêpes with some vanilla ice cream and hot chocolate sauce on top, yummm. We were in there for quite some time, just chatting.

Then three of us went to two bookstores, I ended up buying two children books for my collection, yay!

Rest of the day consisted of epilating (?) my legs and working on an assignment. And now it's 2 am and I can't sleep as my mind won't stop thinking. Plus I'm nervous about school tomorrow (have to give a small lesson) and about Jim finally coming. About time. X3

But yeah need sleep but my body won't give me any. =P