NEurope

the NHS must give them so much per year and I suppose they have to spend it..

Use it or lose it kiddo - that's the motto ain't it?

Edited by Captain Falcon

Yeah... spend it or lose it next year because they can obviously do without it.

Is what Capt. was getting at...

EDIT: Capt. is fast.

My day has been okay...

Done a storyboard, just need to finish skinning at character.

The last two weeks, my college lesson has been canceled but they called to let me know it wasn't on... no such luck today as I rushed home from work and drove up there only to find no teacher and all the rest of the class waiting in the corridor.

And given I'm not exactly feeling my best right now due to a dodgy cold (thank you lady who sits to my left at work), I don't really feeling like driving around the city for no apparent reason.

Still, I'm in a good mood anyway... surprisingly good in fact and right now I'm listening to the new song from one of my favourite bands for the first time and it seriously rocks.

first driving lesson in the new car today. apparently the fiat 500 was designed for people who's arms fluctuate between tiny and massive. on one hand, they have the gear stick on the dash bored in a very uncomfortable place, and yet the stick to hand break so low you have to physicaly lean down like your retriveing a dropped polo mint.

also went to the gym again, completly kaned it, ran twice as long and didnt let myself stop, and then pushed my self on the weights.

good to be back.

It's good to have you back, Chris.

*pulls manly muscle pose*

*belly pops out*

first driving lesson in the new car today. apparently the fiat 500 was designed for people who's arms fluctuate between tiny and massive. on one hand, they have the gear stick on the dash bored in a very uncomfortable place, and yet the stick to hand break so low you have to physicaly lean down like your retriveing a dropped polo mint.

also went to the gym again, completly kaned it, ran twice as long and didnt let myself stop, and then pushed my self on the weights.

good to be back.

My instructors car has had a new clutch fitted and today was my first lesson with it. Took some time getting use to, in fact I stalled straight away. xD

I dunno...

I've been waiting for 2 hours for him.

His tea was ready at 8... he just doesn't care anymore.

I've got things to be getting on with too...

My instructors car has had a new clutch fitted and today was my first lesson with it. Took some time getting use to, in fact I stalled straight away. xD

he said i was the first person not to stall this car straigth away. sadly hill starts made me stall like a pratt. alot.

Technically amazing few days at work as its been the least busy this year. Took least amount of calls Ive taken all year yesterday. Still semi high though. But better than the lasst month generally.

We have a board with our names on amd its got 5 sections one being loving it and five being hating it. re how we're feeling. Ive moved mine to 5 with one other person. I think a lot of the offive feel the same but are scared to show on board.

Lol....

So thats good.

So far not so good:

The community representative just turned up at the door to take down my passport number. Eek!

Wouldn't be a problem, but TECHNICALLY I'm not supposed to be living here as my address is registered as being somewhere else -my wife's parents' home.

The problem comes if she speaks to the local police station and they put two-and-two together.

But really, it's their own (and my landlord's) damn fault: The police insist I have a valid address, which is fine and dandy. However, to have a valid address, you need to show either your proof of home ownership or the landlord's home ownership. As it's a rented house, I don't have that proof. It's the landlord's responsibility.

BUT WAIT! In a desire to take advantage of the recent house-price boom, the landlord sold the house. We still have a rental contract with them until May. Because they sold the house, their proof of ownership is now with the bank to help them finance another mortgage. They can't get that proof of ownership as it stays there for another month, and I needed to re-register the other day to update my Visa for the next year.

I asked the police if it was possible to register without that proof: ABSOLUTELY NOT, was the answer. So I told them I lived somewhere else, which could get me thrown out of the country if they feel like it.

Kobayashi Maru.

Had a visiting lecturer today, concerning "Social Sculpture". Totally not what I imagined (the term sounds like environmental art or something). It's more like a therapy session.

I was stunned, to be honest. Just pretend I've never said "stunned" before and treat me saying "stunned" right now as being literal. Can't be arsed going into detail, but a few of us really felt overwhelmed by the stuff said/work displayed. Inspiring/ hitting way too close to home. It basically said "Hey. See all those fears you have that no one knows about/you can't articulate? Here's the same thing represented visually."

It was definitely 3 of us (2 good friends of mine) that it really struck a chord with. Forcing me to think about my life and what I'm doing with it/how to be true to myself/how to live with myself.

I need to sit.

Things that make you reanalyse things are so essential.

I was thrown into disarray when I heard through the grapevine that this guy I often see about has a degenerative disease to do with his liver, and it's highly probably that he'll die before he reaches his mid-30s.

Made me think about why I was at uni; what I'd do if I was told I'd die in 15 years etc etc

I thought it was going to be a rubbishy day but it turned out alright (although my relatively new shoes have worn out already. Fucking Airwalk!)

Two lectures with "meh" student. Morning one was with a lecturer I like and I have become friendly with one of his (attractive) classmates and was chatting to him. Plus in the seminar I wasn't needed for about 20 minutes so I typed up the notes then and there. Then a 2 hour lunch during which I bumped into someone from one of my modules last year whose name I have forgotten but we sat around and chatted and stuff and discussed her dissertation idea (eugenics in film).

Afternoon lecture was weeeeeird. Taught (if you can call it that) by these weird lecturers. If channel 5 had been around in the 70's they would have presented a low budget breakfast show. During the break me and guy mentioned earlier went for a smoke (well he did, I stood there) and bumped into hot colleague as has been mentioned before. Then post-lecture me, attractive guy and hot female colleague went to the student bar and kind of played pool (there was 2 blue balls, 2 black balls and missing a few so it was more just messing around).

Always nice to go drinking with attractive people.

Today was cool!

My lecturer loved my storyboard (phew), my course leader hinted even more that she wants me to go into the studio for my placement year, I got hold of the XBox avatar files and data, had a curry and an awesome chat and now am about ready for bed!

Spent the past few days with Chris, which was really lovely. A highlight being when we ventured to Chino's last night only to experience these two unbelievably slutty women dancing on the table. The faces of the men behind the counter was literally the creepiest thing I have ever seen. I shudder at the sheer thought of it. One of them looked at us and said "That's nice, huh?" before nodding in a Borat type fashion. Chris looked at me before saying "Yeah, my boyfriend and I think so too...:heh:". His face was amazing, though he only seemed distracted for a second before turning his creepy gaze back to the dancing tables whores. We bumped into them in Waitrose this morning and she looked so ashamed, it was brilliant.

Then Alex, a friend from back, home is coming up tomorrow. I absolutely cannot wait to see her face again, really have been missing her. I forget how similar we are. Some of the conversations we have are just...terrifying. Going to see Girls Can't Catch at some Sheffield Uni exam party thing with herself, Chris and then the rest of Ness' flat. Really excited. Then a headphone school disco the next day. This weekend could not look more amazing.

Our office is moving to a new office, bloody wrecked moving things to and from cars. Old office is closed tomorrow but still gotta go in and move more things, then put things in place in the new office.... well least I'm getting some extra excercise :heh:

Took a trip to the J/C today, had to hand in all the reciepts of the stuff i bought out of the £150 allowance i had to get new clothes. Basically, to prove i bought what i said i'd buy. Plus signed as well and prove my job search.

I get another interview offered to a job I don't remember applying for. Checking their website I saw:

We serve companies by helping them deliver exciting sales and marketing campaigns for local Nottingham and national clients through the use of our "Human Commercial ".

I'm slightly concerned about this Human Commercial... But it seems more promising than Primus the Scam was.

They rang this morning to rearranged for tomorrow. Wish me luck dammit.