NEurope

brought new car today :D got a dark grey ibiza (used the scrappage incentive thing) have to wait 10 bloody weeks for it to be made thou which is a pain.

have to drive a 2nd hand reneult scenic for a bit from them as got no other car at mo

2009-seat-ibiza-black-limtied-edition-front-side-588x391.jpg

Today: Success. Passed my theory test, I got 48/50 for the multiple choice and I got 57/75 on the hazard perception. ^^

If only I didn't have a lesson tomorrow I'd go to the pub to celebrate.

Today: Success. Passed my theory test, I got 48/50 for the multiple choice and I got 57/75 on the hazard perception. ^^

Congrats Ramar. Now take it to the bridge and piss on the practical.

Not during mind.

Last night we had the amazing Post-Graduate Student Association quiz. With about 5% of the students there post graduate. And they were the ones who arranged the quiz. Place was rammed, leading some people asking for chairs, which there were none available, due to others stealing them from the other side of the pub. One even asked if there were crates he could sit on. Prick.

The quiz was fine though, what mainly bugs me is that on normal quiz night [Wednesday] there's two people working for less than half this turnout, but they only schedule one person [your humble fabulous] to accomodate for a rammed pub equalling in students having a go at me, then asking for chairs.

Had to buy some lightbulbs, as 40w is too dull for me. But when trying to put the 60w bulb in, something broke so now my main light is out of commission.

Would anyone recommend the game Eternal Sonata? I saw it in the local Cash Converters and thought it looked a little appealing.

Eternal Sonata is ok for a few hours then you realise the nice graphics only hide how dull the story is.

I've got a strong smell of bacon frazzles. Had it for a few minutes now. Don't know where its coming from.

Had a word with my landlord today, shes concerned about this boyfriend thing, which is nice and I believe another housemate has already discussed with her that this is irratating her. so we are getting somewhere.

Went to class, was supposed to be til 6 but I just feel incredibly cack so came home.

Agh, I'm meant to be storyboarding today...

Agggggh.

Which means I find 101 excuses to leave my desk and do something completely pointless.

Realised I have a kilo of bacon, so I had a bacon sarnie for brunch, and dinner will be a bacon bolognaise! Going to be epic!

Spent the day playing MW2 special ops with a workmate, managed to get 12 extra stars (57/69 now i think!).

A housemate is avoiding another one as he owes him for council tax/electricity bills. I'm the other in the trio that has to pay the tax, and effectively it's my neck, too, which may be in trouble if the boy don't pay.

Uni tomorrow! The module I've failed twice/capped at 40 for. Not really 'feeling it'.

I've never understood what you're uni. situation is jaytotheseven.

You're resitting which year, doing what now?

And I feel ill thinking about that much bacon.

Bacon curry sounds cool though...

I think I'm going to have a curry.

Failed a 2nd year (compulsory) module, which got removed from the course the following year so I had to take a new 2nd year module which was similar to another 2nd year module I had previously gotten a 1st in.

So I didn't bother learning any of the material, and spent the 2nd semester of my 3rd year pretty much not doing anything at all.

Now I am doing 60 credits worth of modules as a part time student; 20 of which is retaking that 2nd year module because of its compulsory status, again that module is capped at 40%. The other 40 credits are just so they can make me pay more money, but also the idea is I will finish altogether with 280 credits, leaving more room to pick and choose the final 200-or-so credits that will go towards my degree score. Effectively the extra credits I am doing this year can drag my overall grade up to a possible 1st, but probably 2:1.

Which is good because I have a bitch of a friend who got a 2:2 who perpeptually says "well at least I finished my degree" whenever we argue.

My course is English Studies (combi of lit/lang/creative writing), and the module I failed is 18th century literature and romanticism. I am resitting, essentially, a single semester, spread over two.

And I hate it, and want to die, but thank you for asking :)

P.S. Bacon curry is a great idea

Well I called about the job. I told him I couldn't do full time and that wasn't a deal breaker. He asked me to send in some samples of my work...fun.

Don't think I'm going to get it to be honest. Not sure if I want it - it would be fantastic but it would up my workload so much and my degree takes priority.

We shall see.

The day's been good though. I didn't do any reading for my ethnographic reading of Japan and this was the day everyone bar me and the two quietest students in the world decided to be ill. What followed was me talking with the lecturer for the next hour. Managed to have a good discussion on the consumption of national identity through art and education and the effect globalisation has had on it.

Also gave a presentation in Principle of Social Investigation which was less than stellar. Not too bothered, can't win them all.

Eternal Sonata is ok for a few hours then you realise the nice graphics only hide how dull the story is.

Worth a tenner?

Worth a tenner?

I'd say so, as mentioned the story isn't great but it's still a pretty good game.

Yeah I'd say it's worth a tenner, if you can stick with it. I got it for either £14 or £20, but I never did finish it.

wooooooooo!! Congrats :D I think I got nearly exactly the same scores!

Now its just the big 'un to get over! Good luck!

Worth a tenner?

It's quite a good game, and the battle system is ace. For me it was like Tales battle systems but much better than most of the Tales games (except Symphonia). The story is a bit convoluted but otherwise it's fun to play.

I got it for a tenner new, and it was easily worth it. Completed it twice.

Yay got a CAMCORDER!

FML it doesn't work properly with my Mac. Unless I buy ILife 09. But I'm dubious, I read that 2 free players could play MOD files (the file type the movie clips are on the camera), but they don't, so...

HOWEVER, It seems I can do it fine on the PC. But I don't believe the free editing software on that works as well as iMovie.

I hate how nothing can ever just be. Technology wise, something's always amiss.

Yay got a CAMCORDER!

FML it doesn't work properly with my Mac. Unless I buy ILife 09. But I'm dubious, I read that 2 free players could play MOD files (the file type the movie clips are on the camera), but they don't, so...

HOWEVER, It seems I can do it fine on the PC. But I don't believe the free editing software on that works as well as iMovie.

usually something that you have to pay for. Gone are the days when you used to get top notch games and software free with computers...

It's such a stupid thing though. I don't want any more features or anything, just to let me dump video files on it.

I'll give the PC shitty one a proper look see tonight/tomorrow morning...it might be fine, don't really want special effects or anything.

Yay got a CAMCORDER!

Try VLC. That seems to play everything.

Congrats Ramar :)

Went to friends. Had continental breakfast (croissant and OJ). He checked over my portfolio. Went to work. Sports therapy lecture. Stayed an hour, paid for four. Huzzah! She also showed me a great site for anatomy (http://www.anatomy.tv/default.aspx looks like you need to login through uni, must sort that out).

More fuckups with timetables which I (well, someone else) needs to sort. And she's sent out a "these modules need permanent cover" email. Apparently me saying "can I cover any animation modules next semester" didn't register as there is one. However I'm busy at the time so I need to find a nice way of saying "can I drop this guy for this?"

Got home and work work work. Typing up notes. Including for a lecture I wasn't in. Want to type up my personal statement for my application, may do it tomorrow morning prior to the lecture. Also need to do some photoshopping. Part of me wants this week over (i.e. portfolio over) but part of me doesn't...or at least not until its finished :p

Does this look really obvious/fake?

214cv2h.jpg

If Maya wasn't being such a dick...or maybe I should just leave the floor as is (i.e. red plastic). (p.s. the answer is yes, it looks shit. I blame Maya. Fucking Maya.)

Edited by Ashley

MOD files work with VLC player if you change the extension to .mpg or .avi . But I've noticed some side effects. Such as crashing explorer.exe when accessing the folder they're in after being changed.

Shit day.

We were told that all colleges in the UK are to lay off staff. We are looking at having to save 1.1 million and reduce staffing by 15%. That's around 100 members of staff from 500. Everyone's role will be looked at and scrutinised. We lost 3 office agency workers on Monday so the workload has tripled. Today I couldn't really cope with the amount of work I had on so ended up having no dinner.

I'm going to have to discuss it with the boss in my review tomorrow. Like she will really care. We are all in the same shitty boat tbf.

Not really happy with the extra work load at all. The sad thing is, is that we will have to cope with the workload and then the suits will say "well, you've coped with it without 3 administrators"... Utter crap.

Sadly it's all the governments fault as they are cutting adult provision (part time study/courses will be slashed across the UK in 2010). Therefore, after Labour focused on getting all adults up to level 2/3 standards for so long, we are now seeing that they aren't going into employment (economic climate is a factor they are not accepting) so the knock on effect is that there has to be unemployment. I really don't get our government.

I hate England these days...