NEurope

Does this look really obvious/fake?

I'm feeling yes, for me the yellow house doesn't seem to fit in with the perspective angle of the picture.

NEWSWIPE ON SOON, YEAH!

Don't suppose this thread is open to Mary-Jane talk?

We're not going to censor a casual mention or anything, but don't go on ad nauseum about how great it is :heh:

I'm feeling yes, for me the yellow house doesn't seem to fit in with the perspective angle of the picture.

I meant the sawdust but thanks :p

Wasn't going to, just tried some for the first time today, nothing happened, apparently its fairly common to not have a reaction for the first toke.

I will probably try it once more. Just want to see what it's like to be high, then I'll shut up shop and move on.

And I hear ya EEVIL, love Brooker.

I meant the sawdust but thanks :p

The sawdust looks a little realistic, albeit taken directly above.

And I hear ya EEVIL, love Brooker.

Damn right, but I'm watching this We Need Answers thing before it... What a crock of shit. I'm not surprised, it's got Tim Key in it.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

The sawdust looks a little realistic, albeit taken directly above.

Mhm it was. And the idea was to just apply it to the face of the cage base in Maya but for whatever reason it renders it as pure black. Will try playing around again, or cleaning the cage out and taking photos at an angle, or leaving it. I'm not sure how to angle-ise a photo in photoshop like that (any help anyone?)

Cheers for the feedback.

You can toke Mary-Jane?

You can't? I think you've confused yourself.

Just realised on the CV that landed me a proof-reading job at Square for a year I spelt 'curriculum' wrong.

lol

Once again, got up mega late. I couldn't be bothered to get out of bed to be fair. But i did manage to watch some of the stuff i recorded once i did get up, mainly RAW and a program on "British Engineering in the 20th Century" hosted by Chris Barrie. Very interesting it was indeed!!.

Was a strange, but good watch. I totally agree with him, I almost see it as common sense.

Sometimes it feels like I live in some kind of mini wild park. Since the start of this year I've seen deer twice, had to chase a pheasant from our garden, spotted a huge hare and witnessed a brutal fight between some ducks. Now all I need is a wild bear or something to show up. =P

I again failed to get any work done. Totally lacking any kind of inspiration and I don't know how to fix iiiit.

On the other hand I got food shopping done for my cooking party tomorrow. Yay! Hope it'll be fun. ^____^

Sometimes it feels like I live in some kind of mini wild park. Since the start of this year I've seen deer twice, had to chase a pheasant from our garden, spotted a huge hare and witnessed a brutal fight between some ducks. Now all I need is a wild bear or something to show up. =P

I again failed to get any work done. Totally lacking any kind of inspiration and I don't know how to fix iiiit.

On the other hand I got food shopping done for my cooking party tomorrow. Yay! Hope it'll be fun. ^____^

I got excited skim reading that and thought you had wild bears fighting ducks. :p

Still cool about the animals. The mostly likely thing I shall see from my Window is a greedy seagull!

Oh don't forget the Cows with Guns, though you may not have seen them they are crafty and only come out during the cover of darkness plus they have silencers.

I get another interview offered to a job I don't remember applying for. Checking their website I saw:

We serve companies by helping them deliver exciting sales and marketing campaigns for local Nottingham and national clients through the use of our "Human Commercial ".

I'm slightly concerned about this Human Commercial... But it seems more promising than Primus the Scam was.

I just had my first Linear Algebra tute of term. We have a different tutor from last term, and I was really worried, because in the email he sent he wrote:

"Please attempt all questions (including 'optional' questions) on the sheets and make sure you start the problem sheets well in advance of the deadline - it won't be any news to you that they take some time to complete, and "I didn't have enough time to finish" is not good enough an excuse. If you get stuck with a question, don't just submit a blank piece of paper - if you show me what you tried to do, where and why you got stuck, then I can explain the questions more effectively. Of course, you're very welcome to ask about anything from lectures you don't understand, but if there is a specific question you have, it would be helpful if you could let me know before the tutorials. If you have any questions about the course or the problem sheets in between the tutorials, then do email me about it and I'll try to help: this particularly applies if you have any questions before the first tutorial."

He asked us to do 2 sheets, and normally there's loads of questions I can't begin to do, so I was screaming at the fact he was like "Do every question - even optional ones - and email if you can't do them." I read it as though he was a really strict, "let's not fuck about" kinda person.

I was with Violet - she's Riot Proof - and we went into the tute room, and he'd left a little note saying he'd be 2 or 3 minutes late. My marked work was there, and I was like holy fuck, there's a shit-load of red pen: "Really?", "I don't follow your argument.", "Let's talk about this." and "Good, but there's a much easier way to do it - blahblahblah."

Then when he came into the room, totally not what I was expecting. He's about 24-27, and looks really boyish, and he's blonde, and really German (obvs he's really good at English). And when he started tutoring, he's like the nicest person I've ever met. He's quite attractive too.

Really thorough with everything. Literally savoured every minute of the hour and ten minutes, to go through things, even if you got it the first time round.

So yeah, the negative energies build-up inside by anxiousness have all been dispelled, because I know his bag now.

Why do more people not play Uncharted online?

Maybe because it was never marketed in that way...

I never knew it had online multiplayer until after you leaving me in your cold bed for some Uncharted...

How it hurt...

Maybe because it was never marketed in that way...

I never knew it had online multiplayer until after you leaving me in your cold bed for some Uncharted...

How it hurt...

TBF I did give you double the next time.

Ow. The TOP of my mouth at the very back of it, ie my throat, has suddenly started hurting. Like a sore throat, but on top and feels like its a cut, and I have the "salty saliva" type saliva that you get when blood type stuff is happening in your mouth.

I'm in a massive amount of pain. Just suddenly. Annoying. Etc.

Emailed supervisor person yesterday asking if I can do that stop motion class and she hasn't responded. HEATHEN!

Sociology lecture. First year sociology lecture. With a load of kids. And so fucking basic. Duuuuuull. And my student is a 2nd year. Guessing he failed the module last year and I understand the uni makes you take it but I know he knows all this as it was covered in his module I did with him last semester. He should really just redo the assessments. Also the lecturer said "if you stop watching MTV and put down your Gameboys." Everyone laughed due to its datedness, but he was oblivious. And my student bought a friend along (if that's how you wanna spend your time I suppose...each their own) who was a Polish Canadian. I like when people are random mixes. More interesting.

Someone wanna read my personal statement for this course and let me know if anything needs to be changed/improved?

They asked you to discuss subject interests, relevant experience or abilities, what you wish to achieve on this course and career aspirations.

I am interested in doing this course for a variety of reasons. Throughout my life I have had a passion for animation, which has evolved and grown as I have gotten older. As a young child I enjoyed Disney films and as I have grown older I have become interested in Japanese anime films and TV shows such as Death Note and the Ghost in the Shell series and stop motion and adult animation such as Robot Chicken and Sit Down, Shut Up. While in Japan last year I took the opportunity to visit The Ghibli Museum, the Toei Animation Gallery and the Suginami Animation Museum to find out more about anime within its original context, its history and how it is produced. I also found it fascinating how much more deeply ingrained it is within society than in the West. I am particularly interested in animation used for propaganda purposes, specifically during World War II and have looked at it during my undergraduate course.

Since a young age I have been interested in various art forms and have explored them, both within academic contexts and personally. I have a strong passion for photography which I studied at A-level and since have worked with a wedding photographer. I feel that through photography we are able to discover snapshots of life and I feel this exploration of little moments in life will be beneficial for this course as animation requires animators to be constantly observing life. I have been using Adobe Photoshop for nearly ten years and have recently begun learning Maya for the purpose of this course. I have also begun to learn Adobe Flash as well so that I can experiment with 2D animation in my spare time. I hope to be able to increase my ability to use Maya within this course as well as build upon my knowledge of other computer software by being in the presence of other students who use the software.

I would like to do this course because I am looking to build and develop my animation skills and I feel that this course would be the most suitable for me to do this for numerous reasons. I enjoy expressing myself creatively and this course would obviously allow me to do this as well as providing me with opportunities to speak to others about ideas and build up my skills through having individuals who have similar skills as myself. The fact that this course offers mentors from within the industry is also very appealing to me as that would be very beneficial for myself as an aspiring animator and is a tremendous aspect of the course which really sets it apart from others. Finally, with the university being within the centre of London there will be a broad range of possibilities, in terms of festivals, films and studios, that will not be accessible elsewhere in the country, which is why I really wish to take part in this course.

After completing this course I aspire to create animation that will entertain and inspire others as it has done for me. I find that the most rewarding jobs are those that you enjoy and that constantly push you to be the best you can be and I believe that the animation industry will allow for me to continue to grow as an artist and individual, but also importantly be something I enjoy as I have found that my best work is created when I enjoy a project. I would also like to one day progress into the story development process, which would be a natural progression of my screenwriting experience, but feel that learning how to animate would be the best way to understand the industry.

Cheeeeeeeers

Lecture tomorrow with Simon "the crotch" Hardy. Fun times.

(named that because, as my friend pointed out and I now can't not see, he ALWAYS has a huge bulge. Its rather disturbing. Particularly considering this is his speciality.)

Emailed supervisor person yesterday asking if I can do that stop motion class and she hasn't responded. HEATHEN!

Sociology lecture. First year sociology lecture. With a load of kids. And so fucking basic. Duuuuuull. And my student is a 2nd year. Guessing he failed the module last year and I understand the uni makes you take it but I know he knows all this as it was covered in his module I did with him last semester. He should really just redo the assessments. Also the lecturer said "if you stop watching MTV and put down your Gameboys." Everyone laughed due to its datedness, but he was oblivious. And my student bought a friend along (if that's how you wanna spend your time I suppose...each their own) who was a Polish Canadian. I like when people are random mixes. More interesting.

Someone wanna read my personal statement for this course and let me know if anything needs to be changed/improved?

They asked you to discuss subject interests, relevant experience or abilities, what you wish to achieve on this course and career aspirations.

I am interested in doing this course for a variety of reasons. Throughout my life I have had a passion for animation, which has evolved and grown as I have gotten older. As a young child I enjoyed Disney films and as I have grown older I have become interested in Japanese anime films and TV shows such as Death Note and the Ghost in the Shell series and stop motion and adult animation such as Robot Chicken and Sit Down, Shut Up. While in Japan last year I took the opportunity to visit The Ghibli Museum, the Toei Animation Gallery and the Suginami Animation Museum to find out more about anime within its original context, its history and how it is produced. I also found it fascinating how much more deeply ingrained it is within society than in the West. I am particularly interested in animation used for propaganda purposes, specifically during World War II and have looked at it during my undergraduate course.

Since a young age I have been interested in various art forms and have explored them, both within academic contexts and personally. I have a strong passion for photography which I studied at A-level and since have worked with a wedding photographer. I feel that through photography we are able to discover snapshots of life and I feel this exploration of little moments in life will be beneficial for this course as animation requires animators to be constantly observing life. I have been using Adobe Photoshop for nearly ten years and have recently begun learning Maya for the purpose of this course. I have also begun to learn Adobe Flash as well so that I can experiment with 2D animation in my spare time. I hope to be able to increase my ability to use Maya within this course as well as build upon my knowledge of other computer software by being in the presence of other students who use the software.

I would like to do this course because I am looking to build and develop my animation skills and I feel that this course would be the most suitable for me to do this for numerous reasons. I enjoy expressing myself creatively and this course would obviously allow me to do this as well as providing me with opportunities to speak to others about ideas and build up my skills through having individuals who have similar skills as myself. The fact that this course offers mentors from within the industry is also very appealing to me as that would be very beneficial for myself as an aspiring animator and is a tremendous aspect of the course which really sets it apart from others. Finally, with the university being within the centre of London there will be a broad range of possibilities, in terms of festivals, films and studios, that will not be accessible elsewhere in the country, which is why I really wish to take part in this course.

After completing this course I aspire to create animation that will entertain and inspire others as it has done for me. I find that the most rewarding jobs are those that you enjoy and that constantly push you to be the best you can be and I believe that the animation industry will allow for me to continue to grow as an artist and individual, but also importantly be something I enjoy as I have found that my best work is created when I enjoy a project. I would also like to one day progress into the story development process, which would be a natural progression of my screenwriting experience, but feel that learning how to animate would be the best way to understand the industry.

Cheeeeeeeers

Lecture tomorrow with Simon "the crotch" Hardy. Fun times.

(named that because, as my friend pointed out and I now can't not see, he ALWAYS has a huge bulge. Its rather disturbing. Particularly considering this is his speciality.)

I don't have any advice, I'd just like to say thanks for posting your personal statement.

I plan to go to Uni one day and I know that a good personal statement is very important.

So thanks for posting.

the drugs company I get my meds off sent me too many syringes.. like.. 4 times the normal. I've now got about 4 thousand pounds worth of medication :blank:

Apparently something to do with the tax year ending soon, and they've obviously got money to burn.

the drugs company I get my meds off sent me too many syringes.. like.. 4 times the normal. I've now got about 4 thousand pounds worth of medication :blank:

Apparently something to do with the tax year ending soon, and they've obviously got money to burn.

Or more likely they don't want their budget cut next year.

Or more likely they don't want their budget cut next year.

the NHS must give them so much per year and I suppose they have to spend it..