NEurope

I hate how the little things can ruin your day. Received a letter from DSA saying they've had to delay my driving test from 3rd March 14:32 to the 30th March 14:32! A month away would have been the perfect time for me to take the test so I logged back online and now the best date I could move the test to is 16th March at 08:15....Some people say early morning is good, some people say bad. The annoying thing is that they gave no reason to delay my test just "unforeseen circumstances". Plus because I'll be doing the test in my instructors car, I dont think I can just keep checking the dates everyday to re-get an early March date, but I'll ask him in my next lesson.

This morning I had a good driving lesson though :)

Pffft, Birthdays stop mattering when you pass 18.

We don't all live the happy cartoon life you do, some of us use our birthdays to have selfish joyous fun :p

After the first three episodes of Arrested Development I've given up on it.

Die.

Anyone remember spenno182? Saw him today for the first time since he got back from travelling, he is such a legend. Makes me laugh.

ARGH parents watching LOTRROTKED on the one TV with sky and Loooooost is on. Recording though, phew.

Agh!

Stressing over accommodation for next year.

Basically because I wasn't sure if I'd still be in the area my girlfriend planned to move in with friends...

But now it's very likely I'll still be in the area and we could still live together.

And this year it'd be more fun because I wouldn't have to do loads of work in the evenings.

So if I'm by myself I was going to either get one of the flats in the basement or try and stretch my budget for one of the flats on the top floor.

One reason why I don't want a basement flat is because of the noise above - and as if it were a sign upstairs are currently being very noisey.

But all of this would be made easier if I knew how much my placement was paying and also how student finance works during a placement.

And then, not that it's complicated enough, my girlfriend is now saying things that point to her maybe just letting her friends down and living with me.

No way am I fucking going back in halls.

I'll kill before that happens.

The BBC seem to be removing more and more stuff off the mobile iPlayer (I like watching stuff on it before I get to sleep). First it was Newswipe, now Mock the Week and it looks like QI is following.

Today I saw a photo of the most suave looking PE teacher ever. He was a massive black guy wearing a suit with pink shirt. He was one smooooooth looking motherfucker. All I could picture was him pimp walking into the school and yelling "Listen up you cracker bitches! We're going to be rocking the basketball, but first I want these motherfucking ferrets out of my motherfucking gymnasium"

I didn't know then why I chose ferrets and I still don't know now.

Just come back from my night out.

Met Hannah at 7. Walked to Baliol. Met Lotte, a joke girl. Drank in the Baliol bar (our drinks were on tab (the Baliol JCR were paying for it) so I had 2 double vodkas and cokes). Went to dinner. Tasted horrible, but was fine because I had a bottle of wine. Sat opposite a hot guy from Magdalen, who was wasted. We went out afterwards to a gay bar, but said guy was really drunk, so this Greek guy and I had to take him home, which was about a half hour walk.

On the walk, whilst supporting this drunk guy, we had loads of banter, and then when he finally got to Magdalen, and finally put this guy to sleep, we made out in his bathroom (I was going to the toilet, and then when I was washing my hands, the Greek guy (Alex) came up behind me and I was like "Yeeeesss, said!", because he's Greek and really hot). Was really hot, making out with a hot guy in the bathroom of another hot guy (who was passed out).

Then he wrote his number on my arm, and told me to phone him tomorrow, so we can meet up sober, so I'm really excited for tomorrow!

Went to the second night of LSoA Come Dine With Me, in which I'm the scoremaster. Was way better than the first one, and I'm sure the marks will reflect this. :p

I actively wanted to get really drunk, and got into the spirit of classlessness by buying WKD and Smirnoff Ice, and drinking the latter, and only half of the former. I got a sore stomach...not sure why.

Yeah. This was at a girl-who-stuns-all-in-her-prescence-and-looks-like-Ke$ha's house, and then we played a drinking game (really shit), then general sexual innuendo during "Would You Rather?" (Bear in mind these dinner games were still part of the "Come Dine With Me" thing).

Then we got lives and went into town, laughing all the way. Went to Standing Order, a stunning LARGE and spacious pub/bar that's actually lit and you can hold conversations for a while. Met several people from school I'd do well with never seeing again. We were going to go to a club, but it was full. And it' shit and all along I never intended to actually go. So I got a taxi and got gone.

Just got back from a night out at the Union Club (as Ashley knows...). Whilst being one of the best nights in a long time (and I've had some damn good ones recently), it was the best example to date of, well, "could be do something other than n-e at this time of night, but am far too lazy to go over and talk to a girl I don't know."

That's not a missed opportunity, that's a self-cock block... I get annoyed with myself sometimes... =S

Phone interview at 9am. So nervous.

At least I've recovered from being illish from past few days. Hopefully it all goes well.

Well that went badly.

I too like these.

They're funny.

I don't get what the problem is.

After the first three episodes of Arrested Development I've given up on it.

ydpvt.gif

Wesley, you should give Arrested Development a chance. I've said this story loads, but you really need to push through season 1. I watched the first six episodes and thought it was okay, but after that, and into the other two seasons it becomes just the funniest thing ever.

Even funnier than Comedy Rainbow. Which I'm about to do (all day probably lol) after I see what people thought of LOST, which I just watched.

I'm going to give it another chance.

I started watching it literally just after finishing the last season of The Wire...

So maybe it was part of my brain screaming in pain that I've now finished watching the best TV show ever.

Also, I already miss Ashley's love.

I'm going to give it another chance.

I started watching it literally just after finishing the last season of The Wire...

So maybe it was part of my brain screaming in pain that I've now finished watching the best TV show ever.

Also, I already miss Ashley's love.

Its a love that keeps giving if you let it.

You've just finished watching the best drama show ever, now its time for the best comedy show ever! You should be brimming with excitement!

So much portfolio finishing stuff to do! And I also want to bake a cake if I have time/ingredients.

But at the moment the cat seems to want something:

2s93lfl.jpg

(and I am going to go wash my face now)

SHOCKING DEVELOPMENTS!

A student actually thanked me for the notes. First time that's happened.

Edited by Ashley

Oh god, i went up to belfast on the bus today -never again-

the trip up was okay, had to go to the passport dept, for ze question and answers (its my first passport) and we went shopping after. That was all good etc. Got the bus home and a REALLY SMELLY OLD WOMAN sat beside me. I think the whole bus was literally choking. Had to change my clothes when I got home... I also discovered that the travel sickness I used to get when I was a child reared its ugly head again. :(

I'll be fucking taking the car next time.

Got up at 5:30 am. Managed to get to bristol by 10. The car is in excellent condition. Really amazing. bought and taxed it by 12. then went to Morrison's for food and to clean the screen (screen wash isn't working). Went the long way back so as to avoid bridge toll. On way back through Aber has the window down and heard this woman scream, "ALLEGRO!" in a cartoony voice.

17564_287542057733_504217733_3552820_2397962_n.jpg

17564_287544487733_504217733_3552886_681895_n.jpg

17564_287544507733_504217733_3552888_2838555_n.jpg

17564_287544552733_504217733_3552889_2714854_n.jpg

17564_287544612733_504217733_3552890_6680056_n.jpg

17564_287544642733_504217733_3552891_2414760_n.jpg

17564_287545767733_504217733_3552892_7860078_n.jpg

17564_287545807733_504217733_3552893_4112256_n.jpg

Next to my mate's 75.

Edited by MoogleViper

Well after deciding to cut back on my going out, I chose to go out last night and all told it wasn't a bad evening for a change.

I've been feeling pretty rough all week and after playing football on Thursday I was truly exhausted so going the gym on Friday night wasn't the smartest of moves. Then going out after wards was possibly even dumber. But it worked out ok in the end.

That said, my mates got kicked out of this club we were in so I had to leave and we spent the rest of the night in this other place I'm not too fond of. This girl threw my mate's own drink over him and then told the bouncer he'd been trying to lift her skirt up - which he hadn't because he'd been stood next to me the entire time.

This girl threw my mate's own drink over him and then told the bouncer he'd been trying to lift her skirt up - which he hadn't because he'd been stood next to me the entire time.

Maybe he was using the force?

Or his penis...

Maybe he was using the force?

Or his penis...

And his girlfriend was about 2 metres away too.

My other mate was in the toilet when this happened and as soon as he got to the dance floor, he was carted off.

And his girlfriend was about 2 metres away too.

So it was a tag-team skirt lifting?

I'm disgusted.

I'm also very bored and don't want to do my work.

Massive JCR Committee drama because the college is republicising itself, to rid itself of the reputation as the friendliest college, which they seem to think detracts from its academic reputation. General outrage, and someone proclaimed "She's a manipulative bitch snake!" about the Senior Tutor, who basically contorts facts and stats to suit her agenda.

They're also scrapping Babies Weekend because they say it promotes an unhealthy image of the college; general anger.

So we're going to pass a motion which officially renames "Jesus JCR" as "Jesus JCR: The Friendliest JCR", and all Reps are formally referred to as "Buddies".

Earlier on today I went on a Oxford Pride tour of Oxford, telling you all about Oxford's gay history. Stunning to see Shelley's memorial chamber (he was a famous poet who was expelled from Univ College, but they made him a statue after he became famous):

455047791_acd60c372b.jpg

A stunning sculpture of him, drowned. Now the image I have in my head when I say "I'm stunned.". It is also adorned with the last lines of one of his poems - I forget the exact words, but it was one of those poems akin to the final line of Only Skin, that make you stop and stare and clap and realise many truths.

I kinda hate the memorial in some respects though, because the sculpture is overtly feminine - he has child-bearing hips - but he was a dysfunctional homosexual, so it's fine. Also, it reminds of the Catholic Church - it looks like its a statue honouring a saint - which, considering Shelley was vocally atheist (why he was expelled from Oxford), doesn't sit right. And the fact they dare to celebrate him after having expelled him is so ugly.

Still, it's comforting that among Oxford's most famous alumni are Oscar Wilde, Percy Shelley and Lawrence Of Arabia - all gay men.

Also, the guide talked about some really celebrated actor who I forget the name of, who was outed as gay in the late 50s, and was forced to quit his acting career after being all over newspapers. A year later he returned to acting, doing a one-off show in the Oxford Playhouse. Apparently when he walked onstage, the majority of the audience stood up and applauded for 3 or 4 minutes.

I like hearing stories like that, because it was these people that had to fight the hardest battles, and to know that the majority of the audience were against his maltreatment in a time where homosexuality was illegal and to show support of homosexuality was dangerous, makes me clap.

The lump i found on my neck is still there... bigger and harder. hmm. My bloods were normal, but its been two weeks so apparently thats concerning. If its just an infection my body is fighting my lymph nodes should have de-swollen by now. So god only knows what it is.

*worries*

better get to the doctors i suppose..

Aww hope everything's okay Raining. =(

Today has been an okay day. Bit quiet throughout most of it, as no ooooone is here. So took a bath this morning to start my birthday "celebrations". But I still prefer showers, don't see the fun in baths. At least not anymore. =P

Slipped on the stairs and almost fell down. Hurt my legs but they're fine now!

Spent time failing to do school work, then made cookiesss (see Cooking Thread). They turned out pretty nicely, especially for my first time ever making cookies.

Then my sister came over for a while, and we both just sat in the kitchen on our laptops. Then her boyfriend showed up and we ate chips. Then they left. Now I'm home alone again watching The Heartbreak Kid and working and drinking a cheap Martini knock-off. Whoo!

Coolness Bears is being a cock-tease with this Spotify invitation.

I've had that page loaded for ages now.

I'm going to kill him (after he gives me the invite obviously, I'm not stupid).

Ok, I'm no longer going to kill him.

He sent me a funny picture.

I wanted to try out Spotify because for ages now I've wanted to sign up to the Zune service that gives you an all-you-can-eat service for $15 a month...

But I've just read that for the Spotify Premium account it actually can sync 3,333 songs, so if my internet connection does go down I'm not without loads of music...

!

Anger.

Went to bed at 9.30, purposely wanting an early night, and the fucking dog wailed for *checks* 3 hours. So, despite it not being my dog (it's my sister's responsibility, this kinda stuff), and being the only family member who actually wanted a good night's sleep, I had to get up and let it out to just fuck about for an hour while I read Psychologies magazine, which sounds more interesting than it is. Now I'm up and cursing the gods.