NEurope

Durkheim?

He's not the problem since I did him last year, it's Schopenhauer and Hawlbachs that are going to require books, books and more books. Plus, I'm not too keen on explaining the idea of self-sacrifice. Although I'm thinking of using the example of Thích Quảng Đức. I was going to use the example of a soldier but then that's pretty much Durkheim's definition of an altruistic suicide.

It get's even more complicated when you point out that Durkheim's definitions aren't that well defined.

Thinking out loud rules. Maybe I should set up a thread and steal everyone's ideas...

This whole process becomes amazingly annoying when you realise our library doesn't really have any of the books needed. I'm going to have to go to Senate House. About time, really.

Plausible Deniability. My favourite words of today.

One of my mottos.

Just found a wicked quote from Pliny (Elder/younger, no idea);

"Not even to God are all things possible; for he could not compass his own death, if he willed to die, and yet in all the miseries of our earthly life, this is the best of his gifts to man."

Might try and crowbar this into the opening for my essay.

Why do I always keep feeling tired? I don't get it. I never seem to have any energy, which makes me lazy and not do any work. =(

I'm contemplating skipping school today. I have a 2 hour class to go to, but it just feels a bit pointless as I know they won't be talking about anything interesting today. Plus I'm too lazy to go all the way to school for two hours... And just feeling a bit weird about a few things. Ah just want to go back to sleeeeep. Mmmm sleep.

I think typical reasons are: not going to sleep early enough, not getting up early enough, not eating a good breakfast and not getting enough fresh air and exercise.

The healthiest two people I know can wake up at 7am and go for a jog feeling wide awake, even if they stay up til about 2. Typically they go to bed between 10 and 11.

You'll either LOVE The Box, or hate it. Competely. If I know you.

I will see it I think. Might watch it on my half day.

Plausible Deniability. My favourite words of today.

Stop going home for lunch.

MOT is £250+ which is annoying but I'll deal with it. Maybe I will buy a new car with redundancy money (by new I mean, £1500 or lower ie second win)

Erm....wrapping presents time. Boring evening tbf. Better do the leg/boot bits for my costume too. Or the claws.

OH!!!! THERES A FUCKING ALARM outside been going since last night, every 35 seconds "beep beep" its fucking annoying. Should we call police?

A friend's birthday thing tonight, but I'm so cold and tired. He's not a great friend etc trying to think of a decent reason for not going. Thing is, I have his jacket, and have done for like 2 months, I ended up holding onto it after a night out, and whenever I see him since, he's never warned me in advance to bring it. So tonight could be a good time to give it to him back. But then again not, he gave me it so he could go clubbing without it in the first place, would he really want it back tonight? Argh.

Todays been good, had my animating class at 9, showed my work off, got some good reviews and pointers which was nice.

Came back, did abit of work and now I'm heading out for a meal with the lgbt guys for their christmas dinner thing, in my favourite chinese. I can't honest to god afford it all that much, but sod it, its christmas.

Actually abit more relaxed today, keeping my mind focused on work and that I won't be in this house forever, I keep thinking about my time here at uni and how it could have been so much better if I hadn't signed this contract or if I changed things slightly in first year. Its my own fault, but at the very least I've learned and third year will be better. Ah brain stfu ^_^

My sister has gotten some psoriasis on her arm :(

In the exact same place mine started... spooky. I still have sharp memories of it, despite being 4 years old.

I think she's scared that she might end up like me. Beh. =(

Gah.

Trying to write a report on women's sex tourism in the style of a low end women's weekly and failing miserably. Call me a snob, but I can't put myself in the mindset to write for a bunch of fucking idiots...

The healthiest two people I know can wake up at 7am and go for a jog feeling wide awake, even if they stay up til about 2. Typically they go to bed between 10 and 11.

I can do this and I go to bed at 12-1 ^_^ Okay I don't get up and jog, but if I had to I could. I have a suprising amount of perk in me. All I need is a shower and I can go (none of this caffeine nonsense)

Gah.

Trying to write a report on women's sex tourism in the style of a low end women's weekly and failing miserably. Call me a snob, but I can't put myself in the mindset to write for a bunch of fucking idiots...

What the fuck is "women's sex tourism". Like...whoring around?

My one student text me saying he wasn't going to the lecture as he was ill (and was nice and did it 5 hours before, not 5 minutes like some) so I text the other and said he won't bother either. So I went to Brum for a bit (and actually did, rather than say I'll do) some Christmas shopping then went to check out a life drawing class.

During said class I realised it was the first time I'd seen real life tits for ages. Bleak :p But it seems like what I need for portfolio stuff so guess I'll be doing that come January.

I've been wearing this shirt today and some random people, once again, thought it was blood. Why do people keep thinking that? Come on, its orange! Although they did refer to me as "blood guy" which made me laugh (on the inside...) as it reminded me of Dexter.

Edited by Ashley

I think typical reasons are: not going to sleep early enough, not getting up early enough, not eating a good breakfast and not getting enough fresh air and exercise.

Try going to bed at 6:30 and getting up for a lecture at 9 with a smile on my face and a spring in my step! :grin:

Yeah I'd be the same I can go to bed at 2/3 normally and I get up 7. If I got to beda t 10 11 I'll be up at 5. :)

Meh I used to do all sorts of crazy stuff like that last year coolness, it soons wares on you, I can't just not sleep and go to class now.

I did it quite often, come back from a friends at 6am and then nap for an hour then get to class. How the hell I don't know. Yuck! Now I go to bed about 11, so I'm asleep for 1, it takes me an awfully long time to fall asleep!

Went out for a drink in the end, gav the guy back his jacket, was nice, met two new peeps, la la la. Got hiccups, which I REALLY hate, so I left.

Wrapped up my secret santa pressie (in newspaper, the theme this year), and now have a question;

I just ordered a Cd on Play.com, went to checkout, got to the bit where it lists the address etc etc, clicked continue, and then it just kinda refreshed the orders page, and it says I have no outstanding orders, and the Cd isn't in my order history? I assume I haven't bought this Cd. No e-mail confirmation from them either. Should I just try again?

Been dog-sitting much of the day/night today, hence my silence from posting today until now to be honest. The dog can be a hand-full and even though i built this PC, i'm not allowed to go on the PC downstairs, which if i was i would have been active today. Anyway.

Also found out that the Chinese near me changed the day it is closed to a Monday night, which means it is open on a Tuesday night. Which suited me well today as i fended for myself for Tea. And they had a new menu, so i grabbed some Thai Chilli Crispy Chicken and Noodles from the Chinese and a 2 Litre bottle of Pepsi from the shop next door. Put on Two and a Half Men Season 1, Disk 2 and had a perfect night in on the sofa (except for times to get up to let the dog out)

I have discovered that my coworker [becci] is quite the lying broad.

She wanted Tuesday off because of some study thing [True I think] and managed to get her to take my Friday shift [Not my Monday which she was suggesting...] She asked me and I recommended she brought it up with the bosses, since I am on trial after my recent suspension. She told me she spoke to the landlady [Pat] who writes the schedule [As landlord didn't know on Monday], who "needed persuading that she could work Fridays". I turn up tonight to work and Pat is confused as to my presence. As such she has written the schedule wrong. I enquire to Pat. Apparently Becci had left some notes which disappeared, but hadn't spoken with Becci [thus the persuading comment = bullshit].

Pat and I were most confused. Either way, I worked her shift, and they can blow me if they think I'm working Friday.

What the fuck is "women's sex tourism". Like...whoring around?

Na it's wealthy western women going out to Greece, The Caribbean etc and picking up young, poor locals. They're not rent boys but the women buy them dinner, clothes etc.

oh and the term 'rastitutes' came up, which made me lol, or something.

Na it's wealthy western women going out to Greece, The Caribbean etc and picking up young, poor locals. They're not rent boys but the women buy them dinner, clothes etc.

oh and the term 'rastitutes' came up, which made me lol, or something.

Soooooo....cougars on tour?

booooh...looks like i got hit by that pig flu thing yesterday. Was wondering around the BHF in town when i suddenly started to feel like crap. Now I'm bedridden! yeay!

Wow last night was interesting.

Basically my left testicle was KILLING me yesterday (has been for about 3-4 days) and the painkillers I was given didn't help AT ALL. Ended up being in the surgical assessment unit for about 2 hours whilst they worked out what it might be; in the end i was given painkillers, antibiotics and booked in for scans next week which will determine if I need surgery. At the time I text my girlfriend about it and bless her, realising that I'd miss dinner (I'm in catered halls atm), she cooked me chicken fried rice (which she knows I love) and walked to the hospital to meet me in the rain and then she stayed over the night to look after me. Last week I was doubting her feelings for me and then she goes and blows me away, amazing.

A friend's birthday thing tonight, but I'm so cold and tired. He's not a great friend etc trying to think of a decent reason for not going. Thing is, I have his jacket, and have done for like 2 months, I ended up holding onto it after a night out, and whenever I see him since, he's never warned me in advance to bring it. So tonight could be a good time to give it to him back. But then again not, he gave me it so he could go clubbing without it in the first place, would he really want it back tonight? Argh.

Be careful of an ongoing jacket saga, ask Flink for advice. How did that resolve, by the way?

Gah.

Never written for the main site, have we?

Be careful of an ongoing jacket saga, ask Flink for advice. How did that resolve, by the way?

That sounds vaguely sarcastic! :p

Turns out they were going to a pub beforehand, so I met them there, and gave him back his jacket, order was restored, a union between the two towers etc.

Had my hair CUT, sorted out some council tax mockery, feel both ego-boosted and demoralised (hair. Hate hair) by it all.

Yesterday I got home to find my housemate had deleted both mine and his characters on Borderlands (no idea if I mentioned it or not on here), and I was level 24! Hours of effort gone! No idea what to do today. Finish my book and booze, I suppose...