NEurope

This voting lark is a helluva undertaking! Good though.

@ Ashley, you are not unlikeable. You are just...special. I jest, you're good. You could organise a Uni helper xmas do! Or get all your couples together and show them how boring their lives are :P OR go to the Northern knee meet!

@ DanD, Trouble as in the amount of work you have to do or the actual work? I can help with neither, I guess, but keep your head up.

Starting to think I'm in genuine trouble with my uni work here....not good. Not good at all...

I charge £7/hour ;)

This voting lark is a helluva undertaking! Good though.

@ Ashley, you are not unlikeable. You are just...special. I jest, you're good. You could organise a Uni helper xmas do! Or get all your couples together and show them how boring their lives are :P OR go to the Northern knee meet!

@ DanD, Trouble as in the amount of work you have to do or the actual work? I can help with neither, I guess, but keep your head up.

Helluva undertaking? Try setting it up :p

lol 'special'. The only other notetakers I've met are a middled-aged woman (who is nice and everything but yeah...), someone I've not seen in about 2 months and hot colleague who I am trying to meet but not heard or seen from her in nearly two weeks. I R FAIL :p

Besides, my couple friends are blinded by love. I've tried to convince them but they're all married with kids and happy and YUCK! :heh:

Me and you should party Molly! (this statement can be followed by ;), up to your good self)

Congrats :)

Unproductive day. Got the house to myself this weekend and it'd be nice to have friends round just to...have some company every now and then. But everyone I know is part of a fucking couple (or live far away...or live far away and part of a fucking couple). And I think I'd like a night christmassy night out but again, nobody. Grr, the perils of being unlikeable eh?

You are likeable you neeb. :grin: You're seeing us lot in january anyways.

I charge £7/hour ;)

Whilst that is a very reasonable rate, I fail to see how it's going to help him with his uni work.

I've found some information about my surname.

This is a surname of Anglo-Scottish origins. It derives form the pre 6th century word groefa and describes a farm or estate manager known as The Grieve. The surname in its original form is found in Scotland as early as the 13th century but soon thereafter moved South and in various forms has remained relatively popular in the Yorkshire region in particular. The patronymic styles which include Grieves Greaves Grievson etc were recorded earlier in Yorkshire than in Scotland although in some cases there may be a locational confusion with the village of Greviston in Traquair parish Scotland the home of the Grieves. Certainly the nameholders have always held rank in their homeland although not always with happy results. In 1783 John Grieve the Provost of Edinburgh was publicly horsewhipped by some roughs for placing ladies of easy virtue in the stocks! The patronymic nameholders of Yorkshire do not appear to have suffered similar experiences and examples of their recordings include Alice Greeveson of Thirsk on May 24th 1590 Henery Greveson of Bradfield on November 1st 1594 and Tamar Grieveson daughter of Christopher Grieveson christened at Marske in Cleveland on December 27th 1719. A later recording is that of John Grieveson who married Elisabeth Ellwoood at Barningham on May 15th 1822. The epi-centre of the name in its various forms is very much the North Riding of Yorkshire. The first recorded spelling of the family name is shown to be that of Emma Grefeson which was dated 1379 in the Poll Tax Rolls of Yorkshire during the reign of King Richard 11 of England 1377 - 1399. Surnames became necessary when governments introduced personal taxation. In England this was known as Poll Tax. Throughout the centuries surnames in every country have continued to develop often leading to astonishing variants of the original spelling.

I don't see Viper in that passage anywhere...

Got my first payslip from the new job and they are ripping me off...I was told at the interview 5.35 an hour + 80p per delivery petrol allowance. I got 5.00 an hour and 40p per delivery.

Words shall be had on Saturday.

Was out this morning taking photos (i.e a slighlty lazy morning), and then went into college for about 12.40, forgetting that it was the Xmas party at 2, so I did no work today, as by the time I arrived, everyone had started to set up.

My scene was cut from the makeshift nativity play we put on. I was Elizabeth, meant to give birth to John The Baptist, but it was pointlessly cut. I cried/didn't.

Got a stunning (I assume) light..fixture.. for my secret santa pressie. Looks like it could blow us all. 3 holes and I assume when lit, strange shapes will dot the walls.

Had fun and revelry at the party at college, then at a fellow course-mate's flat afterwards. Didn't want to drink that much cause we still have college tomorrow, and yeah. It was fun though, nice atmosphere etc. I do kinda love a lot of my new friends, which makes me very happy. When I think about them I kinda see a cliched thing in a movie, shot in super-8 mm, with a Cat Power song playing in the background.

---

Continuing the topic of friends...

I've recently been thinking about how really, really sad it makes me when people say they don't have friends. I've seen a few ( I think ) peeps on here say as much, and it was worse when the other day, a girl on my course, when talking to a tutor, mentioned she didn't have any friends, in an almost flippant, laughing way.

For some reason it plucks my heartstrings really hard and scares me a little/lot.

The above sounds really patronising/condescending I think, which is kinda why I haven't posted about until now...but I mean, in my dream last night, I read a post on N-E (first N-E dream! Though it visually looked like Twitter...strange as I never use Twitter) by Goaferboy saying "Well i don't have enn" or something like that, badly written in response to the concept of friends. Dunno why it was Goafer specifically.

[/tangent]

Today has been proper topsy turvy (for the maths people, definitely a cos curve).

Started with BT digging a hole outside the neighbours house two weeks later than planned and cutting off our phone and net without warning. A phone box call and a chance encounter with an engineer on the estate resulted in the bloke coming out to fix it today and preventing it from being a 4 day saga.

I had a few things needed to be done online for the weekend, christmas presents and what not. So the day went into panic stations at midday to relief by dinner time.

I don't see Viper in that passage anywhere...

That's what his victim said that fateful night.

Please complete these questions within 2 weeks of today’s date.

Does this mean they could be completed on day 14???

Please complete these questions within 2 weeks of today’s date.

Does this mean they could be completed on day 14???

Is this a shout out? Yes. I would say yes.

What do you guys reckon is the best of these Douglas Adams quotes to put on my yearbook profile:

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

I like that as a description of my social abilities, but dunno I think the first half makes it sound too arrogant.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Generally awesome.

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.

Fun but dunno if its really suitable for what I'm using it for.

This week has been a drag. I've not had a single day's work come in, so I've just been sat here waiting for work. Schools are rehearsing for their Christmas concerts and staffers are frantically trying to get all their work done before Christmas comes around. Meaning, they're not taking any time off work. Meaning I am not needed. :(

Gah. Plus, I wanted to gym eet up today but my manboobs are still a bit sore from my last workout.

Aaaand, I need to arrange my journey to London, and to Brighton. So, that means booking ticketsssss. My pocket will be empty. :(

What do you guys reckon is the best of these Douglas Adams quotes to put on my yearbook profile:

I like that as a description of my social abilities, but dunno I think the first half makes it sound too arrogant.

Generally awesome.

Fun but dunno if its really suitable for what I'm using it for.

You should go with a Woody quote, "My one regret in life is that I'm not someone else."

You should go with a Woody quote, "My one regret in life is that I'm not someone else."

For a second I thought you meant Woody from Toy Story... but then when I read the quote I realised he never said such a thing.

One of the cuts on my fingers keeps bleeding (well it stops bleeding but then it will suddenly start again). It's done this three times now already. Plus I managed to get black paint in there that I can't get washed out. Great. >.>;

*doesn't think she'll be doing lino cuts again any time soon*

Went for a work night-out at the Electric Circus, where they have Karaoke booths which you can rent out. Had loads of fun. I sang Uninvited by Alanis Morissette, stunning loads of people who were like "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT SONG?", but when they actually heard it were like "Oh I know this one; I love it!!".

We went out after, but for some reason I wasn't really feeling it at all. It felt really wrong. All I had in my head was "Feels So Different" by Sinead O'Connor. As though I were a rude impostor. I left quite early with a girl who was feeling ill in a taxi.

Just had an email saying I'm eligible to apply to be a YouTube Partner.

Awesome. As. Fuck.

Got up at some ungodly hour only to get a phone-call telling me Han missed her train. She'll be in an hour or so, so I'm terrifyingly happy right now. Been watching some Will & Grace, and there was a bit where Will started dancing to "Faith" by George Michael whilst tidying up. Now I can't stop listening to it.

Just had an email saying I'm eligible to apply to be a YouTube Partner.

Awesome. As. Fuck.

You know how I know you're gay?

what exactly is a youtube partner?

You have to buy YouTube gifts, do chores for them, have more "romance" and less sex and you can't look at other video streaming sites without YouTube giving you a scolding look.

in that case im taking youtube straight to the jeremy kyle show

"My Youtube thinks i've been going on Daily Motion"

Edited by or else you will DIE

Ffs.

Got woken up by landlord cleaning upstairs, she's pretty damn loud for such a small woman. Apprently another foreign student will be moving in the attic, fun times -.-

Apprently must take all my stuff home with me, my electricals because theres too many things being robbed from houses on street. So now I have to take my fucking computer home, my tv and all my consoles. Freaking joke.

When I talked to housemate I got 'mm sausages' sigh. Ffs.

Today is just one big joke and I hate it.

Apprently must take all my stuff home with me, my electricals because theres too many things being robbed from houses on street. So now I have to take my fucking computer home, my tv and all my consoles. Freaking joke.

You live in Sheffield, right?

I'd take everything home anyway.