NEurope

I just won at life. Hard.

I got the job at the photography place. It's late coming, but I've finally started on my carreer path. It's only temporary until christmas, but hopefully I'll be asked back at easter when they get busy again. Either way, it's a photography company on the CV.

Win.

i had a brief stint at a photography agency, just for a week n a bit. never the less, i have "published interior designer on my CV. well done though buddy, life an work, there alla bout the experience.

got my first pay today, sucks how much im losing to tax. wage would work out as £8000 a year after tax. course, my job wont last that long, unless swine flu get some balls.

looking at a sword i want to buy, though im waiting till ive got my overdraft a little neater.

How can you moan about paying tax, haven't you been on Job Seekers Allowance for ages and using the services of Job Centre +?

How can you moan about paying tax, haven't you been on Job Seekers Allowance for ages and using the services of Job Centre +?

very easily. i took a hypocritical oath.

no, i suppose your right, i can hardly complain can i?

well, your not the only one, all my mates are saying the same thing.

at this rate it wont take me to long to get paid up to mr brown, hopefully i can sort anouther job for when i leave.

We do. What do you think Coolness Bears lives on?

We need to find a way to extract it from him. I say we plug him into the mains and see what happens! :awesome:

As recommended by my step mum, I'm about to pimpsmack my boss' with a letter informing them of official grievance proceedings regarding their lack of minimum wage. I gave them my payslips months ago, apparently they're with the accountant and they have no idea how long he's going to pull his thumb out his arse and give me my money.

It's amazing about employers. They enjoy using the "You're not paid to stand about, you're paid to work" bullshit whenever they can. Yet when it's reversed somewhat they take their sweet time getting their act together.

Raining, that sucks about the tendinitis. You've heard it before but hope it does get better for you soon. :)

----------------

Parents have vacated the house for the weekend, leaving little in the way of food and little in the way of money to get stuff. ::shrug: My mother has the amazing ability of going out food shopping and spend £100 on about as little as possible. Never mind, I'll make do. Need to get some ciabatta so I can make some spicy burgers. Have also received another bunch of games to play through, bringing the total to 9 without the inclusion of DL only titles that I'm waiting on being sent to me. No wonder I'm hating playing games at the moment.

Day's been pretty good i believe.

Finally found some time to do some stuff i've been meaning to do, like watch a couple of Chuck Norris movies i borrowed a week ago.

I'm back after two or three days of travelling, drinking, live music (Hadouken!), travelling, rock banding, travelling, drinking, travelling, drinking, pre-drinking, clubbing, drunk eating, travelling, eating remains of drunk food, travelling, shopping, eating, travelling, internet catch up.

In that order. :D

Hadouken! were fantastic and I got to see my Uni flatmate for the first time since March which was fantastic. Great mate of mine and was nice to see him! And now, for relaxing. I'm all travelled and drinkizzled out.

I really want to show people around brighton, get them away from teh touristy rubbish!

But I am a tourist.

blehhh

I feel like my body is falling apart. cant sleep, struggling to keep up standards at work, migraines on a daily basis. It feels like my body is just destroying itself.

Gonna see the doc on friday and see if i can get some painkillers/advice/something to get through this. All the stress of being left on my own doing a 5 man job has hit me. In the face. Hard. :(

I spoke to my mum about it, said that I may end up being on sick leave if it gets much worse. She thinks im faking it or something. I'm really fucking disappointed. So much so i feel like crying, my own mum doesn't believe how unwell I feel..

Epic phailz. Mega hug.

Well I've had a fairly terrible day. My relationship with my girlfriend has ended, and I feel completely shit. Apparently loving someone counts for very little these days, it would seem.

Ah jeez, never nice man. Hope you feel better soon.

Cheer up man, we love you and so does meat!

TBF Sheikhah...I'm sure you can find someone better. You don't feel so strongly about meat, I assume?

I just won at life. Hard.

Awesome.

I got the job at the photography place. It's late coming, but I've finally started on my carreer path. It's only temporary until christmas, but hopefully I'll be asked back at easter when they get busy again. Either way, it's a photography company on the CV.

Win.

Well done mayte.

According to my GP I have high blood pressure and tendinitis! urgggh. I'm struggling to do anything with my left wrist at the 'mo. the only way i can limit the extreme pain is by tightening the bandage so tight it cuts off the blood supply to my fingers.

:( At least your mum might believe you now? Silver clouding, etc.

As recommended by my step mum, I'm about to pimpsmack my boss' with a letter informing them of official grievance proceedings regarding their lack of minimum wage. I gave them my payslips months ago, apparently they're with the accountant and they have no idea how long he's going to pull his thumb out his arse and give me my money.

It's amazing about employers. They enjoy using the "You're not paid to stand about, you're paid to work" bullshit whenever they can. Yet when it's reversed somewhat they take their sweet time getting their act together.

Pimp them down, Gringo.

Am back hax from teh Brightonzana.

Wednesday

Train journey there. Had some complete and utter fucking idiotic prick female bint woman pissing in my ears for the first part of the journey. She was American and she was SUCH a knob crust. She was babbling on about her feminism (I think) and she actually said this exact quote.

Women can vote these days because of what people like me did in the 60's.

I felt like walking upto her, slapping her round the face with my balls and demanding she get a grip before she gets the shaft treatment. Needed to get down from her fucking pedastal, she was so fucking ignorant, and rude too (the person she was speaking with she kept interrupting, like the person she was speaking with was telling a story, then she totally cut her off and started telling her own story, that was of course better than the other bint)

I think she thought she was famous too.

Anyway to London then to Brightonia.

Walked around for a little bit, staggered to the comic book shop. I was like "Wow this is pretty awesome, great selection of back issues" but couldn't find the new stuff. Bit weird. Walked outside and said "Well thats mental, how come they don't have new stuff." Walked passed a shop. Then there was ANOTHER comic shop (same ...brand) but they have the new stuff in one and old in another.

Strange experience for me. Then we walked more, and had lunchzors at La Tasca. Win. Then we walked to the pier, played Pac Man Coin game, as you guys know I fucking love me some Pac Man. (Got three pounds worth in piles in the tray, and won like 3 pounds worth, and a chick sitting next to me came along as my 3 pounds winnings was coming out and she was like ZOMFG telling her friends to look. She must have thought I had won all that was in my tray. n00b.

Then looking at shops. Discovering that the LEGO shop had this LEGO set that I really really wanted and was completely unsure/pretty confident that they wouldn't have, but they did. So epic.

Then we went to the hotel. I didn't really realise but Claire booked this one because she saw it in Glamour magazine. It was 5 stars. I was like dewdddd wtf. We were in the cheapest room "Snug Double" it was certainly small (and I know small) but it was very snug. One of those cool, cubicle-less showers. Very nice.

Then we went back out to the pier, went on the Ghost Train, which personally offended me due its sheer level of craptacularness. Then we went to JB's American Diner for dinner. FUCK yes it was god damn awesome. I'm sure JayseveFlinkasaur are familiar with this place, but their milkshakes are made of fuck tonne whynzaphawesome. I had peanut butter flavour. So good. And a foot long hot dog which was crazy delicious.

Thursday

Got up ready for a five star breakfast. I had teh full English. As it was 5 stars I didn't want to be fussy and say "Hold the x" so I had it as it came. I tried black pudding for the first time which was alright, and I tried a portabello mushroom (hate mushrooms) but it had garlic stuff on it so was quite nice, and the rest of it was ridiculously awesome/upper class. Although we felt quite out of place, with the table over in posh voices.

HAW HAW HAW well you see when she found out I didn't do all 18 holes on the course, you can imagine how she reacted. *Whole table erupt into laughter*

But it was awesome. Then we walked to Brighton Marina, which was.....nice with all the boats n' all but pretty boring other than that. Then we got on the sight seeing bus, which was awesome coming out of the Marina because it had thrill ride/roller coaster elements to it, zooming out under the tracks (roads) and open air, windy, amazing.

Then went to the Sea Life Centre. Turtles performing 69 on each other (pictures to come. Literally)

Then back on hax bus and did some shopping, then went through all the back alley lane bits with all the kick ass' as fuck shops, fudge shop, ice cream, cup cake etc FTWz. Then we went to the Bombay Lounge, all you can eat Indian, which I was totally loving the massive vat of Saag Alloo.

Then we went upto the indy type shops around the comic shop area, which was cool, including a ridiculous fudge shop where I swear we were gaining weight just from the smell. :o

Then we went to the cinema to see The Proposal (very good) and then we had Harry Ramsdens on the way back to the hotel, and then chilled after a very long day with a huge amount of walking.

Friday

Erm, breakfast again was epic (had pancakes and epic bacon with syrup) was ridiculously nice, and then we just came home. Fucking retards on the train, a mother and daughter with the most irritating inbred voice I've ever heard. I thought "This can't get worse" then the daughter spoke, with an identical voice, just more high pitched. Ugh. That was fine though.

Came home, built LEGO, and I shall soon write up reviews for two LEGO sets (as I see no one has reviewed them on the forum I visit yet) and will have Chinese probably, before Claire and I absolute blitz weight loss (not that she needs to) due to massive amount we ate. But yeah. Oh and I'm about to write up the roles and plan the Third Pokemafia (which will hopefully blow the others.....out the water)

Oh and some cool DS games arrived etc. Good stuff.

Will upload pics soon.

TL;DR, Fuck you, I took the thyme to write it, now you read it. Asshole.

Surely the obvious thing to say is, "well, I'm not being paid to work, so I'll stand about!"

That may lead to an occupational paradigm shift, though...

Had a damn amazing night last night. Went out clubbing with a couple of mates, and I really didn't expect to have as good a night as I did. Who ever invented "Pound a pint" needs a massive hug. Got lovely and drunk off about 8 quid, and just spent the night constantly laughing/dancing. Though, I still ended up spending about 30 quid, I felt oddly generous and was buying all the drinks. In retrospect, I have no idea why.

^ haha. Brilliant. Sounds like you had an awesome time.

My parents have only been gone a few hours yet I've already broken something. Was messing around in the parents bed room trying to find something of mine and decided to see if I could unscrew a part of their bed (it's a golden orb type thing on the corner) and put it back on. Unfortunately, it came off easily, just won't screw back on. :nono: Don't ask why I did it. I just wanted to.

My brother also managed to make the car smack into the garage door. He turned the ignition and must have had his foot on the accelerator and the car shot forward into it. Couldn't stop laughing. Even funnier when you realise the handbrake was on. So now the garage is sitting open at one side, slightly, because we didn't want to chance letting the handbrake off to roll it back a bit and close it.

My brother also managed to make the car smack into the garage door. He turned the ignition and must have had his foot on the accelerator and the car shot forward into it. Couldn't stop laughing. Even funnier when you realise the handbrake was on. So now the garage is sitting open at one side, slightly, because we didn't want to chance letting the handbrake off to roll it back a bit and close it.

Was it in gear?

Well done mayte.

Cheers. That's the reasoning behind the Faceache status too by the way.

Surely the obvious thing to say is, "well, I'm not being paid to work, so I'll stand about!"

That may lead to an occupational paradigm shift, though...

My thoughts exactly. I was also going to comment on their hypocrisy in such a manner [iE they're meant to be working but sit around getting drunk], but they'd pull out the "I'm the gaffer" excuse.

Whose complaining about paying taxes? At least you don't have to claim benefits now, or shit off the nhs because you are seriously ill. You should be grateful! :( I have to get about a thousand a month off the government for privately paid medication. Its mega fails.

</probably not necessary but made me feel better rant>

---

I had a driving lesson today - score! Everything was fine except... could I get the car into reverse...no. My wrist is so banjaxed that gear stick manoeuvring is proving to be mega pains. Urgh.

I told my boss that I had tendinitis today and if it was possible for me to get some work that was less typing intensive... He just gave me something DIFFERENT to do. It wasn't any easier. Plus taking call info (long medical terminology n such) with one hand is proving to be trés difficile! :(

The whole situation is wearing very fine. The feeling in my wrist is painful, but the kind of pain that makes you feel sick to the stomach. I can deal with pain. Just not the sick-feelslikemyhandisgoingtobreakoff-pain. I feel dizzy and tired, I'm putting that one down to the apparent hypertension (I've never had bp issues before)

And I shouted at my mum for being so damn ignorant earlier (she still seems reluctant to believe i'm actually ill) and now I feel mega badz. :(

Folks - My day was alright, blah blah blah, got a browser-related question - my hotmail account won't seem to remember my email address despite the fact that I keep putting "Save my email address" as the option. Furthermore, I tick the "Remember me" box for the forums and everytime I come back it tells me to sign in, does anyone know why this is happening and how one can rectify it?

In the meantime, I'm off to play Earthbound!

Hugs for RA.

Considering changing uni course so phoned up Admissions at Registry earlier and said and they dialed me through to the department of the course I've applied for. I tried to explain I want to change to something in a completely different department but it had already begun to ring through...so I hung up. But really, Admissions should be the people to deal with this no?

Went for a walk in some woods today and made it out alive. Huzzah.

These past few days have been pretty good. Lounging around doing bugger all.

Got a few packages in the post.

Then I was given this link by a friend. Most awesome. Also this made me laugh.

[G]ot a browser-related question - my hotmail account won't seem to remember my email address despite the fact that I keep putting "Save my email address" as the option. Furthermore, I tick the "Remember me" box for the forums and everytime I come back it tells me to sign in, does anyone know why this is happening and how one can rectify it?

It sounds like you have cookies disabled. I don't know which browser you're using but as you didn't specify I'll assume you're tempting fate with Internet Explorer, in which case you should go to Tools > Internet Options and then click on the Privacy tab. If the vertical slider is all the way at the top then that's most likely you're problem, so whack it down a notch of two until you can see a more agreeable description.

If that isn't the issue then you'll have the more luck getting an answer by posting in Tech/PC Talk.

Ah, Pooki, I have exactly the same problem! Very irritating!