NEurope

Urgh its gone to pot and I've only been up an hour :p

Took ages (as usual) to get to sleep last night. I could feel my heart beat (moreso than usual) and thus not in a relaxed state to sleep, and my legs didn't feel as if they belong to me. Anyway when I wake up I realise my calves are burning. Must have damaged them during my manic sprint to the train station yesterday.

Anywho then I check my emails and I see "your PayPal transaction is complete" and I'm like "youwhanow?" And check, apparently I paid some e-commerce company £50. Initial thought; FUUUUCK. Disputed it with Paypal claiming; the time I apparently ordered it I was asleep (as it happened in the night), I have no need for e-commerce, I've never heard of the company and the address is an old one I've not changed so why would I order it to an incorrect address (even if its not a physical product)? Urgh, sort it out Paypal. I want my freakin' £50 back. I don't have that kind of money to fling about at present.

I can't work out what it is that irks me about the username but something doesn't sit right with me. Maybe it's the 'boy' part :heh:

Heh, could be. It does indeed feel a bit strange having "boy" in one's username. But hey, it's the username I identify with now. I ain't gonna change it. :)

... Well, apart from maybe replacing the hyphens with spaces. Whaddaya think?

Anywho then I check my emails and I see "your PayPal transaction is complete" and I'm like "youwhanow?" And check, apparently I paid some e-commerce company £50. Initial thought; FUUUUCK. Disputed it with Paypal claiming; the time I apparently ordered it I was asleep (as it happened in the night), I have no need for e-commerce, I've never heard of the company and the address is an old one I've not changed so why would I order it to an incorrect address (even if its not a physical product)? Urgh, sort it out Paypal. I want my freakin' £50 back. I don't have that kind of money to fling about at present.

Well, that's just bullshit! :mad: What are you going to do?

We'll I've gone through the PayPal dispute system but its saying it will now contact that company...but I don't think they are to blame. Password and stuff is changed now but urgh...gotta wait up to ten working days apparently. Thats a week on Thursday. And annoyingly (although granted, a more minor annoyance) it appears I had £20 in my PayPal account (the rest has come from my bank). If I'd known that I would have used it on something else a while ago :p

i'm planning to ask that girl out.

i also made up a bed time song.

the two are unrelated

it's sleepy time, sleepy time, time to go to bed. sleepy time, sleepy time, go and rest your weary head. go to sleep, have a sleep, go to land of nod. sleepy sleep, sleepy sleep, rest that tierd bod. go to sleep, go to sleep, dream your dream dreams. go to sleep, go to sleep, enjoy your happy dreams!

That sounds incredibly like Mashalls song to Lily on How I met your mother.

Yes I am THAT addicted.

That sounds incredibly like Mashalls song to Lily on How I met your mother.

Yes I am THAT addicted.

Haha it does. And being addicted is not a problem :p

You don't think the company is to blame? Then what do you propose happened?

Ummm someone hacked my PayPal?

But I don't see how contacting the company is going to help.

Paypal team: Did you steal this person's money?

Company: Yes. You caught us.

Paypal team high fives each other.

Paypal are just checking, they have too. Make sure everything as it is sort of thing. They'll most likely refund you if you can prove you didn't actually spend it.

Paypal team: Did you steal this person's money?

Company: Yes. You caught us.

Paypal team high fives each other.

The little movie clip that formed in my head of that scene was awesome. :D

The little movie clip that formed in my head of that scene was awesome. :D

In your head was it a jumping high five? Because thats how I pictured it.

In your head was it a jumping high five? Because thats how I pictured it.

No, more like a cool "we don't even need to look at each other to perform a bad ass high five" high five.

I can't work out what it is that irks me about the username but something doesn't sit right with me. Maybe it's the 'boy' part :heh:

You suck....

I can't do that for two reasons. The first is purely practical, as there is already a "Dannyboy" on these forums - though I don't think he's even active. The second is somewhat related to the first, as "Dannyboy" is a relatively common username online. "Dannyboy the Dane", however, is entirely unique: A Google search brings up only my accounts on different sites. I don't want to let go of that uniqueness.

What about just "The Dane"?

Why does everybody hate my username?! :p

You guys seem to have misunderstood something: I asked if I should change the hyphens, not the whole damn name! :p Seriously, I like my username - it has a history. You can use whatever abbreviations and nicknames you like (I know I'm gonna regret that line :heh:), but my username won't change.

So, if we could stick to the point, should I drop the hyphens and just go with regular spaces? I'm very tempted to do so.

Personally, I think it would look better with the hyphens. Spaces would seperate it too much.

Personally, I think it would look better with the hyphens. Spaces would seperate it too much.

Spaces are actually smaller than hyphens in this font. Look:

Dannyboy-the-Dane

Dannyboy the Dane

Have love hearts in-between.

Not really in the mood for that. :p

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Spaces are actually smaller than hyphens in this font. Look:

Dannyboy-the-Dane

Dannyboy the Dane

Not really in the mood for that. :p

It's not the size of the character, but because there is nothing there, the words look too individual. It's all one name, so it should be hyphenated.

Went for a coffee with Han this morning, which was lovely and relaxing. We were planning the Liberal Youth council we're hopefully getting set up in the area before we go to uni. Now, I'm about to go and play tennis for a few hours, which should be funsies considering I've not played in what must be a couple of years now. Used to be damn good at it, if I don't say so myself...but I'm betting I'm utterly absymal now.

Lazy Sunday today. Got up around mid day... ate some breakfast, read the paper and watched some tv. Jumped in the shower, Fitted my new number plates to my car and now going to go for a walk with the missus.

Later = Dinner then at 7:45 Harry Potter :D

Had a 6 a side tournament this morning, was shiiiiiiiiiiite...

Got there at 10:15, played one game (12 minutes) at 11, another at 1:00 and then the last game at about 2:30. Seriously lost all interest whilst just sat around waiting for the next game to start. I mean 36 minutes of football in 3 1/2 hours is just ridiculous.

Anyways, we lost all three games, conceded 5, scored 0, so basically we suck balls!

Now I've got nothing to do for 8 days since I have a week off work... Who wants to come visit me? :heh:

Feeling happy today. Parents in Spain, brother in Wales so I had some friends round last night, hit the gin, chilled and generally got a bit rowdy; I really wanted weed but none available (argh!), anyway was fun. Some unexpected things happened too, always good. Today I slept in laaaate, went shopping for Kathleen (elderly neighbour who we look after) then I've just been sitting in the sunshine with the crossword and a bottle of Tropicana original (and the best), getting over my hangover.

Now, I'm about to go and play tennis for a few hours, which should be funsies considering I've not played in what must be a couple of years now.

How long have you been playing tennis before you stopped? I'd like to try it. But I don't know whether I should play in a tennis club right away because I have never played tennis at all (except when I was 7).

Yesterday started good. Went to a friend where we just relaxed, drank a bit and had fun. Later she, another girl I know and I went to a Schützenfest and had a great time until the ex boyfriend of the girl I like talked to me about how he doesn't like that I hang around with her and how he thinks I don't like that he talks to her. I told him that I dislike the way he talks to her (he still isn't over her as it seems and he is very disrespectful) and I also told him that he should deal with the fact that I hang out with her. Then he had a conversation with that girl and it seems that she got mad and after that she was in a bad mood almost the whole evening.

At the Schützenfest almost everyone I know gossipped (does this word exist?) about me and the girl...I hate this shit.

On our way home some mates and me had to prevent a brawl which would probably have been an ugly one...the reason was that a guy wanted revenge for something (I have no idea what exactly but it had to do something with him being insulted...).

Can't we just all live in peace? Lol. :rolleyes:

Today was a lazy day again...the last free day before I have to work at the kindergarten (I love using this word while talking in English :D).

Grammatically speaking, "Dannyboy" is the proper noun - the name - whereas "the Dane" is an apposition.

Yeah no shit. But it's all your username, and hence should remain as is.