NEurope

Got myself a "phone interview" sometime in the next 24 hours. And an Interview at Boots next week, both for call centre related shit. Seems to be my niche at the moment.

I was almost robbed today, bad times >__>

Dude. Man hug.

Break it down for us.

I was almost robbed today, bad times >__>

Shit man :(

Got myself a "phone interview" sometime in the next 24 hours. And an Interview at Boots next week, both for call centre related shit. Seems to be my niche at the moment.

Sorry to hear about your prior job btw. Good luck with the interviews.

Phone McD's/go in personally and try to get a shift switched with someone? Management won't mind who's working so long as the rota is full.

There's only 6 people on lobby (including myself). Two work the morning and will be gone, one works weekends only, I know another one is in tomorrow so...

What I'm thinking of doing is going in to work wearing jeans and a casually worn formal shirt (I always go in wearing my own clothes anyway) and having some spare formal trousers in my bag. Telling them I have a docs appointment and shouldn't be more than 45 minutes but if I am I'll work over. I don't think it'll be that busy that they can't cope.

Then I'll change as I leave (you're not supposed to wear your uniform outside of work for contamination purposes anyway, much less alone in a doctor's office I'd imagine) and once outside of the shop change into my formal trousers. I'd like to wear a suit but don't think its possible, plus I doubt this place will care too much (guy interviewing me was wearing a cardigan). Then obviously change back into jeans, and then back into my work uniform once I'm back.

I think that'll work. I just need to figure out what fake illness I can have that's apparently so important...doubt the shift leader will ask but other staff may not be as tactful.

When did my life become a lame sitcom?

Shit man :(

Sorry to hear about your prior job btw. Good luck with the interviews.

There's only 6 people on lobby (including myself). Two work the morning and will be gone, one works weekends only, I know another one is in tomorrow so...

What I'm thinking of doing is going in to work wearing jeans and a casually worn formal shirt (I always go in wearing my own clothes anyway) and having some spare formal trousers in my bag. Telling them I have a docs appointment and shouldn't be more than 45 minutes but if I am I'll work over. I don't think it'll be that busy that they can't cope.

Then I'll change as I leave (you're not supposed to wear your uniform outside of work for contamination purposes anyway, much less alone in a doctor's office I'd imagine) and once outside of the shop change into my formal trousers. I'd like to wear a suit but don't think its possible, plus I doubt this place will care too much (guy interviewing me was wearing a cardigan). Then obviously change back into jeans, and then back into my work uniform once I'm back.

I think that'll work. I just need to figure out what fake illness I can have that's apparently so important...doubt the shift leader will ask but other staff may not be as tactful.

When did my life become a lame sitcom?

Could you not just, you know, tell them you have a job interview...? Or am I just being crazy over here!?

Bit tactless, particularly for a new job. Plus if I got this new job I would keep the old one and just go part time. If I'd been able to give them advanced warning (i.e. if I'd have been given more than 24 hours notice) then perhaps but just turning up (well, phoning up in the morning) tomorrow and saying "btw I'd rather be elsewhere so I'm going to bugger off for an interview" seems a tad...bitchy.

Grab a bag and stick in in there carefully, they don't need to know why you have a suit on you, nor should they need to ask you what the doctors appointment is for, only that you need to book it as it is urgent.

Then just becareful walking to it.

Just Finished exams. Downed a bottle of Proseco through a funnel, and drank half of Wens Champain. I"M so drunk, and Now I'm going for dinenr at Noodle Nation!

Just Finished exams. Downed a bottle of Proseco through a funnel, and drank half of Wens Champain. I"M so drunk, and Now I'm going for dinenr at Noodle Nation!

Is that a gay bar?

''Wow'' man is single (some amazing detective work carried out). Now I don't really know what to do. People I like usually seem to be attached or...other things. ReZ's advice is ''Seduce him''. So, yeah.

I shan't think about it now, I'm flying to Coooopenhaaaaagen in a few hours, fuck yeah.

''Wow'' man is single (some amazing detective work carried out). Now I don't really know what to do. People I like usually seem to be attached or...other things. ReZ's advice is ''Seduce him''. So, yeah.

I shan't think about it now, I'm flying to Coooopenhaaaaagen in a few hours, fuck yeah.

Enjoy your stay in Denmark! ^^ The weather has been particularly lovely for the past few days and is supposed to stay that way in the near future. :)

Also, about the "wow" guy - just stare deep into his eyes ... ;) :p

OLD BUT: GO WESLEY! EXTREME NONULATIONS IN YOUR DIRECTION :yay:

, making a bear in paper maché

Also, yesterday a hot air balloon landed in the field behind our house. Always cool to see. =D

Eenrah, these two things win the week congratulations on your victory.

my day has consisted mostly of Super Mario Galaxy 2 so my head is spinning!

Bah my chest infection is worse... I've been taking my antibiotics and its not improving at all. :(

Its' a lower RTI, more serious and uncommon than normal (no runny nose/sneezing and less coughing) instead your lung capacity is worsened and coughing feels like you might tear your lungs apart >___> because of my suseptability to infection this may end up getting worse before it gets better, aka pneumonia. Crap.

I thought it was odd that I hadn't had any serious infections in 5 years of taking these insane drugs. I thought the docs had made it into more than it was.. That's me told :(

I wish I could throw some happy sentiment into this post....

Nope.. Nothing!

Aww Raining! :(

Argh I need some advice from university graduates..make seperate post or put it here..?

Is that a gay bar?

Noodle Nation is mega win. We have one here in Shitholeylesbury.

The lucky guy won't know what hit him!

Also, about the "wow" guy - just stare deep into his eyes ... ;) :p

Amazing.

Bah my chest infection is worse... I've been taking my antibiotics and its not improving at all. :(

Its' a lower RTI, more serious and uncommon than normal (no runny nose/sneezing and less coughing) instead your lung capacity is worsened and coughing feels like you might tear your lungs apart >___> because of my suseptability to infection this may end up getting worse before it gets better, aka pneumonia. Crap.

I thought it was odd that I hadn't had any serious infections in 5 years of taking these insane drugs. I thought the docs had made it into more than it was.. That's me told :(

I wish I could throw some happy sentiment into this post....

Nope.. Nothing!

Shit. Hug win. Surely you're due like...a lotto win level of luckiness sometime soon.

----------

I'm going to Butlins tomorrow. BYE!

I'm going to Butlins tomorrow. BYE!

Bye indeed, have fun. Full report and snaps as usual sir

I was bored so randomly looked at pages of this forum years ago. We used to have way more threads back then. Even things that I wouldn't think were deserving of threads, at least it got peeps talking.

*sigh*

Or, you know, make a thread. =P

Had a good day today. Went to a friend to watch Toy Story 1 and 2 (sadly on a laptop with not very good sound, and in Dutch). Had some good laughs, love these films. Sadly I didn't really eat before going, as I thought she would have a sandwich for me (she said the day before she would have one)... she didn't. I did bring lots of vegetables with me so we snacked on that, but yeah, when you're also drinking a bottle of mojito you kinda need food in your stomach. =P

So we were a bit tipsy/unstable after drinking that while watching the films, but luckily it soon passed. Then we walked to the cinema (lovely weather), had food there, had another friend come and then go see Toy Story 3 whooo. Didn't go to the 3D version cause that is shit and expensive. Barely anyone in the cinema (maybe ten other people?). Great experience.

Then we went for another drink after the film and then it was midnight when I got home heh.

Exhibition tomorrow. Nervous about it. Still need to get some stuff done for it. Ahhhhh.

200px-Harbinger_01.PNG

I've tried!

---

I'm just really bored. Having no money to my name, no immediate work to do, no success with job applications/no point applying for a lot of jobs as I'm away very soon for some time, and just...yeah.

I think I'll start seriously thinkin' about my tattoo. And design it.

I would do more "art" stuff now I can be free of guilt, but everytime I start painting I remember how shite I am at it. Or at least when I do it just from my head. I want to do life drawing again. I might do some joke classes if they're are some anywhere during the summer. I love it. It might be expensive though. I just get better results/so much more involved when the thing is there in front of me.

I'm the opposite, I really don't enjoy life drawing (anymore) haha. Much prefer drawing things from the top of my head. =D

But yeah now that I'm free I could do so much, but I don't seem to have any drive or inspiration to start something heh.

I also should start putting together a portfolio and going to publishers with it (and my project), but to be honest I have no idea how and where to start. Wish they actually taught this stuff in school.

The 12-hour 2/3 day a week job I used to have is apparently now an 20+ hour six day week with essentially random hours, and will remain as such until everyone has finished going on holiday/falling ill/having mothers that are falling ill. I miss having weekends.

Gah! Disaster at work.

We sell a lot of stuff on eBay. Around a month ago we decided to change things a bit so that the dispatch person sent out all the orders. This resulted in a major backlog and we changed back to me (the IT guy) doing it. However, this resulted in a lot of delays and therefore a lot of low ratings (which was unusually higher than the number of complaints we got - there's nothing worse than loads of anonymous low ratings with no complaints/feedback explaining why).

This has now resulted in all out stuff moving from the first page for all our main keywords to...well, I gave up at page 50. This is having a serious impact on sales and I'm the one who had to tell the boss and therefore fix the problem. My only solution (getting the ratings better to hopefully be within the limit next month) isn't good enough.

Still, it doesn't seem like my job is in any trouble at all - I've suggested that I send out extra samples though the wholesale division of the company in order to get enough sales to account for the lower eBay sales.

As we've been slowly building up this eBay store for a year with thousands of happy customers, it's a massive blow to have it bumped down so much. From the sounds, once we get the ratings sorted we should bump up straight to the top again.

I'm very confused...

I just rang up the student loans company to try and find out if my finance application was correct in regards to being on a paid placement.

And the woman told me that if you're on a paid placement you're not entitled to any kind of financial support...

Which is... wrong?

All the people I know who are on a paid placements who get half their usual finance...

And I've been told this repeatedly throughout the year as well.

I just can't seem to find it on their official website.

I've just rang up my placement department who are getting back to me to confirm this.

My friends on placement don't get any student finance support stuff... They just earn fuckloads of money and have rent paid for them and a company car, free petrol... Fuckers.