N-Europe

worrying statistic

UK

Doing that regularly though leads to brain damage and or mental health issues.

But yeah, a from time to time thing, it's much less harmfull for you than smoking.

only in certain people, much like only certain people get fucked up off ale. ARGH! i can see this turning into a debate about ale and smoking so ill stop meself now.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my mother went half blind from smoking. She was smoking for about 20 or so years and then she stoped suddenly. Apparently her body couldn't handle the loss of the nicotean and so the retena in her eye detatched and the blood vessels burst.

hey, cool - at least she knows what caused it. My retina did the same thing for no reason at all! Maybe i'll smoke for 20 years to balance that out.

Best go get yourself a plastic bubble to live in, there is so much crap in the air, in the water, all around us, that people choose to ignore.

That's because most of the crap in the atmosphere is there because we put it there as a side affect of a benefit (normally energy). Fags don't benefit you at all. They can appear to, but only to stop your mind going ape-shit once it's been tricked by nicotine into thinking it's an essential substance for survival.

Smoking is BAD.

I think it should be made illegal. However that would be very difficult.

JUST SAY NO!

They will do. First they made it illegal in enclosed, public places then they raised it to 18.

Smoking is disgusting. My mum smokes and we've stopped her from smoking inside. She has to go outside. But she still stinks when she comes inside.

I never understand what is wrong with these people. Why on earth would anyone buy and use a product that has: USING THIS KILLS YOU in huge letters on the front of the package?

Because they think 'meh, everyone dies'. It also looks 'cool'. Apparantly.

Most of the teens i knew who smoked only did it because of

A - It was apparantly cool

B - Their mates did it

I've never smoked and i get congratulated because of this all the time, and with the age now increased to 18 to buy them i can see a few teens struggling to buy them without getting an 18+ person to get them for them. I've already been asked numerous times to buy fags from these youngsters and i have never given in to getting fags for them.

My mate is quitting smoking with the help from his mother, he is on 5 this week then it goes down by one each week. He should be off them by mid-November.

People are thick. It's the same reason a lot of bad things happen in society.

You sound as if you're accusing all the bad things in society to cigarettes. I think alcohol is far more damaging to society. People can enjoy a drink so why can't they enjoy a cigarette without the constant "you're stupid!" name-calling? Surely if us smokers are beneath you, it calls for pity not arrogance?

Personally I don't care. As i said in the last smoking thread, it's a personal choice. I don't think it's fair that people who have never smoked think they are automatically a better person altogether just because of it.

Smoking is BAD.

I think it should be made illegal. However that would be very difficult.

JUST SAY NO!

That's a complete violations of human rights. And I don't even smoke... but I defend my right to smoke whenever I want to.

But that a good statistic... If I had to guess, here in Portugal, it'd be about 40%...

You sound as if you're accusing all the bad things in society to cigarettes. I think alcohol is far more damaging to society. People can enjoy a drink so why can't they enjoy a cigarette without the constant "you're stupid!" name-calling? Surely if us smokers are beneath you, it calls for pity not arrogance?

Personally I don't care. As i said in the last smoking thread, it's a personal choice. I don't think it's fair that people who have never smoked think they are automatically a better person altogether just because of it.

No I was blaming the bad things in society on people being thick. And I'm not being arrogant. If they want to harm themselves then that's up to them. But why should I be harmed in the process? Before the ban it was horrible going into some places. I have asthma and smoke makes it worse. Why should I suffer just for their selfish reasons? Why should I have to smell?