N-Europe

Best twists?

welsh_gamer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldboy is great.

Alot of effort and skill went into it's creation and it shows from everything to the top notch, unique storyline to the ingenious, inventive styles and shots incorporated aka tooth hammer scene/1 shot fight - amazing choreography and creates an undeniable realistic scene, moreso than any other film I've seen.

It's a film that dared to be different, coupled with a crew who actually gave it their all to create what is none other than a piece of cinema masterpiece.

Add an amazing actor into the fray and you have one of the greatest movies ever perceived by mankind. Enjoy.

Millers Crossing has an awesome twist, I also concur with those that believe the Village was shite.

The Village had a good and clever twist imo, it just didn't handle and deliver it well.

The Prestige had a good one, but it wasn't shocking, it just made you think about it for a while.

Of course, Star Wars had one of the biggest twists ever, but seeing as most of us were not from that genration, we allready knew about it before seeing the film.

It did have a twist but I guessed it during the film, didn't really like it all that much. Did the same for Smoking Aces actually and I quite enjoyed that.

Wow, really? The entire concept of the twist of the film was beyond the realm of my imagination when I watched it, I was completely blown away.

It is still beyond me how people enjoyed Old Boy so much. To me the film had good ideas but was a over-complicated mess that got lost in its own mythology. Didnt match the hype what so ever

I don't really understand you're critisism, but I thought what made Oldboy such a fantastic film was the obvious and well organised style, and the well plotted, paced and mature storyline, which came to a shocking, twisted and ultimately one of the best twists ever.

One thing that I didn't like about Oldboy, however, is (and I'll use a spoiler thing for this just in case)...

[spoiler=

][/"]...the hypnotist.I think our protagonist would still not recognise his own daughter even without the hypnotist, and the idea that locking him up for 15 years and then the antagonist hiring a hyponotist to make sure he does not recognise his daughter takes the edge off the ending IMO."][/

Lock stock! In terms of the guns... The Italian Job and the cliff... Eternal Darkness (the game) and just the general twisted sanity effects... Those books by Paul Jennings - particularly the one where a kid gets bitten by a new type of invisible ant and runs away... Most books by Chuck Palahniuk, in particular Survivor and Lullaby... Sasuke getting badass on Naruto... Chinatown ("mother... sister... mother...") ... The '99 champs league final.

And Twister.

"][/"]...the hypnotist.I think our protagonist would still not recognise his own daughter even without the hypnotist, and the idea that locking him up for 15 years and then the antagonist hiring a hyponotist to make sure he does not recognise his daughter takes the edge off the ending IMO."][/

My Answer to that

I thought the hypnotist was more to force them to fall in love rather than not to notice his daughter. The antagonist mentions through the film that it is difficult to make two people fall in love. For his plans he needed them to be together so he hypnotized them to increase the chances. thats my view on it anyway.

Goldeneye

Alex Trevelan's back from the dead!

I actually played the game of Goldeneye long before I saw the film, but I think even if I hadn't, I would've seen this coming. Sean Bean's too big just to get an expendable role in the first 4 minutes of the film.

Serenity.

The reavers are prominent in quite a few episodes, and it's a fairly common belief that they started out as men that went to the edge of space, got lost in emptiness and went insane. Then started killing, raping, etc.

The film finally reveals that the government were behind it - a side-effect of a drug they used to reduce violence (which worked on 90% of people...too well). This also explains why prolonged contact to reavers turns some people into reavers - it's the drug spreading.