Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Little King's Story

Retro_Link

Is it true that this game does not support 60hz and 480p?

If yes,no buy for me.

Mad world was the last game I bought without 480p and the difference was huge...

Dude, you are absolutely obsessed. It doesn't matter, it doesn't affect the gameplay! Seriously, this is the only type of post I ever see you posting!

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IGN AU - 9.1

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/976/976108p1.html

Closing Comments

For a game that bears gameplay similarities to some proud forebears , Little King's Story is shockingly original in execution. There really isn't another RPG out there quite like it – and in an increasingly stale strategy-RPG market, this is a game that renews the category for us. It's compelling and complex, deep and rewarding, surprising and above all entertaining. There are few other games on the Wii that can really share that much praise in a single sentence, so that's an achievement unto itself. It does have drawbacks – for all the polish, Little King's Story still has occasional gameplay quirks and shortcomings. But my god man – this is fine gaming. Ignore the box art , look past the cutesy presentation – Little King's Story is an enormous tale wholeheartedly worth exploring.

9.0 Presentation

From the lovely intro movie to the instructions, maps and smaller details, every element comes together nicely. Functional and beautiful.

8.5 Graphics

Excellent artistic direction combined with clever use of the Wii's modest graphical prowess. The environment lacks technical details, but the clever design work makes up for this.

8.5 Sound

Stirring score featuring some new arrangements of classical music your grandparents probably have on dusty vinyls somewhere. The warbling voices are pretty well done too.

9.0 Gameplay

The Little King tries his hand at a lot of different things, but the core gameplay - adventuring and conquest - remain completely enjoyable, balanced and entertaining.

9.5 Lasting Appeal

Very possibly the Wii's longest adventure - and certainly one of the most varied. So many side-quests, hidden areas, collectables, characters, classes and things to do. A boon for RPG fans, so buy it.

Man, this game is huuuuuuuuuuuge! I have spent a good hour just dotting around my kingdom getting cash together and doing various sidequests and just when I thought things couldn't get any better another sidequest opens up which allows me to find 100 pictures that are scattered around the land! I love me some collectables. :)

I stumbled across that in the early hours of the morning and was further blown away by the scope of this game , plus another where you need to find some remote locations. I don't think huuuuuuuuuuuuuge does this justice :p

A word of warning to some regarding side-quests.

Unless you really know you way around the expansive kingdom , be wary about taking on too many side quests at once (even if you are limited to 5), some are only open for a few days after you accept them. I don't know whether the chance to do them again will reappear at some point. I just knew that King HawkPig was getting too far ahead of himself :p

Panmusic , if you ignore this game purely for the reasons you have stated then you are missing out on a truly wonderful game (IMO). One that could easily be on it's way to my top 5 Wii game list.

Edited by ThePigMarcher

Game Over? You got to be kidding me. I don't see why they need to put it in games. At least two hours lost and I can't get a vital story mission to appear again for some weird reason. Other than the very annoying stairs it's a great game though.

Game Over? You got to be kidding me. I don't see why they need to put it in games. At least two hours lost and I can't get a vital story mission to appear again for some weird reason. Other than the very annoying stairs it's a great game though.

I got killed last night when trying to tackle a mini boss. The thing kept going into rage mode and then when he calmed down he kept running around a tree stump! I save ALOT of the time so I wasn't to worried. I love the boss battles, the music adds the sense of fun yet at the same time a sense of urgency.

A few of my guys kicked the bucket yesterday aswell and I was quite upset that I lost them. When I went and saved the game and slept for the night I gavea sigh of relief in the morning to find that all of your fallen soldiers wash up on the beach the next day :D

Dude, you are absolutely obsessed. It doesn't matter, it doesn't affect the gameplay! Seriously, this is the only type of post I ever see you posting!

Ok,maybe I was a little hyperbolic.;)

I intend to buy the game as soon as I find it in a store.

But,seriously,why the PAL version lacks these features?

YAY! Just unlocked the higher ranking Grunts, will have to convert a few of the normal ones for maximum ownage.

Does anyone know how the hell to get past the Lego bricks on the beach? I have tried Grunts, Lumberjacks, Miners, Carpenters, Merchants, Archers and I still can't shift the thing!

For those who still haven't bought the game or ordered it via the Stars Catalogue, apparently its £24 in Tescos.

I have come to the conclusion that this game has questionable morality ;).

One of my grunts got married in the morning and later that same day he fell in love with someone else and got married again. He also happened to be the same guy that appeared to be abusing a cow behind my castle :o.

I still haven't got around to tackling the second king as I keep being sidetracked my various other quests and trying to build up my kingdom. Longevity is certainly not going to be a problem.

Still absolutely incredible , and surprising tough in places.

HoT , still haven't figured the Lego Bricks out either. I even tried sending a bunch of kids over there hoping that the logic that kids enjoy Lego would pay dividends. It didn't.

Edited by ThePigMarcher

I've just defeated another 2 kings now, I wont spoil it but the gourmet king boss fight is FANTASTIC! My castle is massive now but some villagers are questioning my morals as I now have 3 wives :D

Before I fought the 2nd king a few of my men/women got married, unfortunately during the fight a few of them got killed by the druken king ( hilarious boss ). I rested for the night and called my royal guards to me when I awoke, I was about to set off when I noticed a few of my guards were dressed in black! Thats right, they were mourning the loss of there loved ones, I felt a little guilty so all those who had lost someone special I gave the day off to and just recruited some more help until their husbands/wives washed up on the beach the next day.

At the moment im on tackling a couple of guardians. The first one I fought turned practically my whole army into turnips so I just knocked it off and im taking a breather.

I still haven't found a way past the lego bricks on the beach, im assuming a new type of unti will be unlocked at somepoint so that I can get past them.

STOP. TALKING. ABOUT. IT!

My will-power isn't THAT good!! At this rate I'll have it by the morning!!

Then my work is done :D

I managed to take down the Turnip mini boss. As I siad earlier he kept changing my soldiers into his own kind so I only took 6 of my strongest warriors and marched off to war!!!!!! I took alot of damage off him before he wiped out my men, I then took things into my own hands and beat him to death with my scepter!

After expanding my kingdom a little further I went into a little cave and fought a Blue Dragon, I was unprepared and he wiped me out so I called it a day and started Henry Hatsworth.

Last year I literally bought every (even remotely) good game on the Wii. This year I promised myself I was only going to buy games when I finished the others (multiplayer and casual games not included). I've already bottled it with Madworld and Deadly Creatures, but otherwise doing okay....but this game is completely my type of game!! What to do!! The thing is I have those two games (haven't touched) and from last year I have De Blob, Okami, Sam and max, Secret Files, Wario Land, Disaster, Shaun White, Skate it, Trauma Centre 2, Manhunt 2, guitar hero WT....and this doesn't include all the DS and PS3 games I have to get through.....

Sorry about that random tangent, wrong thread, but basically this game is causing me serious problems!!

Then my work is done :D

I managed to take down the Turnip mini boss. As I siad earlier he kept changing my soldiers into his own kind so I only took 6 of my strongest warriors and marched off to war!!!!!! I took alot of damage off him before he wiped out my men, I then took things into my own hands and beat him to death with my scepter!

After expanding my kingdom a little further I went into a little cave and fought a Blue Dragon, I was unprepared and he wiped me out so I called it a day and started Henry Hatsworth.

Are you mention far-into-the-game-spoilers or are you having trouble with simple quests? A full team of archers can take care of most of them.

God sounds awesome from peoples views...put off getting this for now until next month but perhaps tempted to get it NOW

This...

God I am such an idiot why didn't I put 30 quid aside for this game it sounds sick! In a great way!

Apologies to those who don't want to hear too much about the game :p.

After getting severely pounded by the drunk king I decided to go after King Shishkebaboo (the cake king) instead and , holy shit , that battle was absolutely incredible , awesome (and any other words that can't express how blown away I am) and correctly stated above by HoT. I can't stop being surprised at the sheer creativity that has gone into this game.

I did lose 4 good citizens in the battle so I hope they wash up on the beach (they don't always seem to). Will find out soon enough.

Hopefully this will give me a better opportunity to get payback on the drunken king.

Edited by ThePigMarcher

I'm not one of those people who wait for pricedrops, and I was convinced to buy this game when I first heard of it (which feels like.. A year ago?).

Unfortunately, this game does not seem to exist in The Netherlands. I've called various stores Friday, and checked a few websites, but it's nowhere to be found. Maybe some distribution problems? Who's the distributor in Europe (I'll give them a call perhaps). I think I'll wait a bit, in case it does show up in the next week or so, so I can support the Dutch videogame market specificly, or maybe I'll just order it from Amazon(.co.uk), that'll be a quicker, and a whole lot cheaper as well.

Just defeated the next 2 kings, both of them are very strange boss fights but awesome all the same..

The Egg King requires you to answer a few riddles, sound questions and spot the differences. The last question was doing my head in, took me t3 attempts before it clicked what the answer was

:)

The TV King requires you to dig on a world map and guess where he is broadcasting from, hopefully you will have a decent knowledge of geography unless this boss could take you a while!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!