N-Europe

i'm leaving!!

Guest bluey

...on a jet plane in fact 0___0

i got an offer for a teaching position in japan today! i'll leave in january!!!

:blank:

ARGH!!

Leaving... though in January? This thread should be overflowing by the time you actually go! :heh: You'll have a great time though, do you know where exactly it is you're gonna be at?

I shall be highjacking this thread as soon as I can, as I've got the ball rolling on some of my own plans - of the same type, as you know. :heh:

Guest Stefkov

I am so jealous. Is that with that company that you can join up to teach English in Japan. I really can't remember the name.

Congrats anyway.

JET that's it!

That sounds great, Bluey. What an opportunity! I would love to do something like that for a year, although not in Japan, would have to be a hot country. I have plans to go and work somewhere hot as a lifeguard/swimming teacher/sports teacher in general next summer.

Not meaning to be a massive downer on the thread, but I really don't see what the big deal is with Japan?

stefkov - i got offered a 1 year contract with NOVA (its kind of like the mcdonalds of english teaching schools, i suppose.. they're HUGE~)

NOVA is like a drop-in english school.. students can go whenever they feel like it for a 45 min (i think) lesson... there's a NOVA building close to practically every train station in japan - so students can pop in on the way home from work or school ~

mr.paul - i'll be going for a year, but since i'm totally rubbish and never plan ahead i might stay a year longer, i might join a different company, i might come home, i might never come back :)

who knows..?

moria - i know japan's become a bit of a fad lately, but its always been a place of interest personally~ i've always been drawn to the graphic design style produced over there, and from that i guess i got interested in the history and culture (and noodles). i've been for short holidays a couple of times now and that only reinforced my wanting to spend some time living there... its just such a genuinely strange place ^__^

sooj - ehh. my japanese is ok... not brilliant at all ~ i want to learn while i'm there - learn by doing :) i can get by on the basic japanese skills i have.. i mean - i can ask for a cup of tea ~ what more does an english girl need to know?? hehe..

daft - ooooooooh......??????? tell me more!!! :D

mcj - ....a..aaaaaawwwwww shucks (/ ^__^)/ and now i'm shy ~ no no i wont be leaving the forum its too much fun here! plus i still need to have one last fling before i go away :P ....jamba..........?? 0__o :wink:

That sounds great, Bluey. What an opportunity! I would love to do something like that for a year, although not in Japan, would have to be a hot country. I have plans to go and work somewhere hot as a lifeguard/swimming teacher/sports teacher in general next summer.

Not meaning to be a massive downer on the thread, but I really don't see what the big deal is with Japan?

Well, southern Japan is sub tropical.

Well donw, bluey, and good luck! Japan is awesome. It's also the second richest country in the world.