NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

PES 2008 Pro Evolution Soccer

love the comments about him abandoning a more casual game, and his background means we could see an indepth career mode...

I would be very happy to include some PES management features in the next Wii version of the game.

Sweet freckin' tits!

remember them PES management games were pretty poor though but yeah lets hope we get more than the shitty Master league.

remember them PES management games were pretty poor though but yeah lets hope we get more than the shitty Master league.

Shitty Master League!?...Someone hand me the sniper rifle. :heh:

Hum... Wouldn't be awesome to have a option to Punch Opponents while the Referee can't see? xD

Would be awesome to have something like that with the Wiimote

But now for real, i can't understand the controls of this game :S

It is a bit cack when compared to a true career mode...or who remembers the awesome career mode in the last ISS on the N64 I would love to see that return...

But now for real, i can't understand the controls of this game :S

It's simple:

Think of it as an RTS game, not a usual football game.

ha ha one day you will realise. trust me after playing it for 4 years with no changes you can see why people are getting sick of it and want changes.

ha ha one day you will realise. trust me after playing it for 4 years with no changes you can see why people are getting sick of it and want changes.

True, I haven't really played the Pro Evo to such depths. But how different is the Master League from Fifa's offerings? Plus it seems the career mode in the new Evo will have a few changes.

This is the biggest joke in gaming ever, everyone will be laughing at this, a footbalk rts?

This is the biggest joke in gaming ever, everyone will be laughing at this, a footbalk rts?

I doubt this very much..I know a ton of hardcore pro evo fans and they are all very interested in the possibilities this opens up and the high level of freedom, a few of them have become disillusioned about how it hasn't changed very much in recent years and last years 360 version well don't even go there...

kuato.jpg

Open your miiiind, Mr. Stuwii.

Wow Portugal's strong in this one. Cristiano appears twice and they show Portugal playing ^^ Also, I can't believe what I'm saying, but this looks cool

Hope this is good. Preferred pes over fifa for years so id prefer to stick with that

Yar, watched that video earlier this afternoon. Looking good, and still a bit mad (but in a good way) with the lines and circles flying around.

Holy Cow that looks good! When is it out?

I love the idea of fresh new controls. Football gaming has needed a new look a things quite seriously for some time. There's been a few times recently when I've been playing FIFA08 and complained aloud that there should be a better way to select a player you want to attack the ball. Clumsily cycling through players close to the ball is an outdated solution to me, particularly when you have such a multi-faceted control system that the Wii offers.

I wasn't too sure about this when I first saw it, what with all the lines and things. But I reckon like some of you have said that once you get good at it you'll be able to remove the lines.

I'm definitely going to be getting this. Finally a PES game for a Nintendo console! (And yes I'm aware of Winning Eleven 6 for GC)

Wow this actually looks far better than i expected.. From konami i expected a straight port of the ps2 game with waggle.

Like to be proven wrong this time though

Bluddy hell.

For me, this is the true first "next gen" football game. Just the way you can control anything and everything like never before. Can't wait to see more on this.

Although it did look very easy to score in those trailers, haha. :)

Wow Portugal's strong in this one. Cristiano appears twice and they show Portugal playing ^^ Also, I can't believe what I'm saying, but this looks cool

Well, they gotta show this game with the best. That's how we know this is a good game. I didn't expect to see Abel Xavier there.

Can anyone tell me if this has online multiplayer?

Looks great though I hope taking a penalty isn't really as simple as just pointing at an area of the net and clicking.

Good thing they changed the name since it's coming out a bit later as it'll help establish it as a new product for people who bought the other versions when they came out a while back.

Holy Cow that looks good! When is it out?

If I'd paid attention at the end of the video, I would have seen that the Japanese release looks like 21st February. D'oh! But - does anyone know if this is likely to be the same for the rest of the world?

Also, I never even noticed the new name. It's a bit naff, but hey I'll take it!

Looks great though I hope taking a penalty isn't really as simple as just pointing at an area of the net and clicking.
I imagine taking a penalty will be great with the Wiimote :smile: I imagine you'd first pick a corner with the Wiimote, but without a cursor to see where you're aiming exactly, and then simulating the kick with the Wiimote.

OK, I've become addicted to watching this new video ceaselessly! I think this looks absolutely fantastic, and I simply cannot wait for it. I think this new method of controlling football play is long overdue, and I'm glad it's the Wii that can finally offer the opportunity for developers to take a good look at things.

I reckon this will raise the bar for gameplay in football games, I really do. As soon as this is available to pre-order, I'm on it!