N-Europe

Half full or half empty?

UK

Half full or Half empty?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Half full or Half empty?

• Half full
    • Half empty

I know very well this was a popular poll on Wii vote channel, but I was wondering- what do you say? It would be interesting to know. I say half full, because to me, that makes more sense. What do you say?

If it's in the process of getting emptied, half empty. If it's in the process of getting filled up, half full. It depends on the situation.

If I don't know if it's in pre process of getting filled or emptied, I guess what is the most logical assumption.

So, I say both.

It's not even a competition. It's half full. Half empty doesn't even make sense, the point is there's stuff in it. A glass is empty all the time, why would you even refer to it as partly empty when it's not empty?

It's a fact dammit :heh:

It's not even a competition. It's half full. Half empty doesn't even make sense, the point is there's stuff in it. A glass is empty all the time, why would you even refer to it as partly empty when it's not empty?

Exactly! Took the words right from my mouth.

As a physicist my answer would be: the glass contains exactly 50% of its maximum capacity.

And anyway, no-one really cares about the glass, its all about the liquid. I'd prefer to say there's x ml of liquid, because both 50% and half empty/full both mean absolutely nothing without further information.

The reason this question came about is about how you optimistic you are

half empty = pesimist

half full = optimist.

As a physicist my answer would be: the glass contains exactly 50% of its maximum capacity.

And anyway, no-one really cares about the glass, its all about the liquid. I'd prefer to say there's x ml of liquid, because both 50% and half empty/full both mean absolutely nothing without further information.

I was thinking of answering like this, but you beat me too it. :)