NEurope

I really like what I've played of de Blob as well. The only issue for me was the jumping, I would have just preferred A to be jump instead of waving the controller but apart from that I think it's really good. I'm glad games like this are selling on Wii because stuff like this is the reason I got the console.

Question: is there a way to save the game other than reaching the end of the level? Because I can take ages trying to get all the tasks and painting everything, and I'd just like to have shorter playing sessions (don't have much time to play) yet still be able to finish painting everything.

Question: is there a way to save the game other than reaching the end of the level? Because I can take ages trying to get all the tasks and painting everything, and I'd just like to have shorter playing sessions (don't have much time to play) yet still be able to finish painting everything.

Im afraid not, you have to a level all in one sitting.

Im afraid not, you have to a level all in one sitting.

Oh how annoying. I think the last level I did took me about three hours to finish... I usually don't have that amount of time to play though. =(

Ok, I managed to pick this up for myself now (although, it was really special going to see Ine/Eenuh and playing this with her...although that won't stop) and I love this soooo much. It's quickly becoming my favourite Wii game.

Just...so...colourful. :)

I'm finding this game too frustrating to play. The jumping and sticking to things is just becoming a real issue for me. I love the graphics and the concept of the game but the control of Blob really pisses me off, to the point where I'm not sure I actually want to play through it.

I'm finding this game too frustrating to play. The jumping and sticking to things is just becoming a real issue for me. I love the graphics and the concept of the game but the control of Blob really pisses me off, to the point where I'm not sure I actually want to play through it.

:hmm:

The only thing I found annoying about de Blob was that it could take ages to do a level. It was obviously great fun, but I didn't always plan to sit down and tackle a level for 45mins+. I found the controls to be spot on though!

I know what you mean, the way it sticks to walls sometimes & can't get up to where you want to go other times? But it feels like it was made that way, rather than buggy controls. Just need to get used to how jumping, sticking etc works in different situations...

I know what you mean, the way it sticks to walls sometimes & can't get up to where you want to go other times? But it feels like it was made that way, rather than buggy controls. Just need to get used to how jumping, sticking etc works in different situations...

Yeah it's not buggy controls, it's your actual character sticking to a wall. It does my head in though. Also agree about the not being able to save during a level. I mean is this the 90's? A real issue for me when the game is frustrating me.

Only picked this one up recently, and really enjoying it! True, the controls are sticky, but it's a design choice rather than buggy controls. When you want to jump on a roof, and you hit the wall, the wall-sticking mechanic comes into action and you stick to the wall. But yes, the levels can drag on too long without savepoint.

Anyways, my girlfriend is absolutely loving it. While I'm off to earn some cold; hard cash, she spends her days 'blobbing'.

Gotta love the music! So funky, and perfectly implemented in the game!

Ok, so I got this recently (thanks to you guys raving over it.) and I must say this game is brilliant.

It's simple, addictive, charming, fun, relaxing and a bunch of other things I hadn't felt in game in a long time. And the music is just gorgeous :love:

The only issues I had were the previously mentioned ledge-jumping difficulties (solved by pressing Z. He regains his senses immediatly) and the fact that those levels are REALLY long. Luckily, no one sleeps near my Wii, so I can just Pause the game for a while.

Thank you, Tellyn, Eenuh, Flinky and N-E in general, for convincing me to buy this fantastic gem of a game :)

Had my first real OCD session with it on the weekend, spent just over 2 hours on 1 stage. Still only managed 97% painted & couldn't find the last challenge and a couple of collectibles, but what a great feeling - being familiar with every section of the level. Haven't felt that way since I played Thief / Thief 2.

Blooob!

I still wanna get one of them saying that as my text message tone (to replace "Yoshi!"). Anyone know where I can find it?

Awesome news! Lets hope its still on the Wii.

THQ is rolling out the sequels in fiscal year 2012, with releases planned for Saints Row 3, a Darksiders sequel, and a follow-up to the Wii-exclusive hit de Blob.

During the THQ investor call today, CEO Brian Farrell continued listing off upcoming games after outing a new Red Faction title and Homefront for release during fiscal year 2011, with three more sequels planned for release during fiscal year 2012, which runs from April of 2011 to March of the following year.

A new Darksiders title is a no-brainer, consider the success the first has seen, especially during one of the busiest post-holiday seasons in recent memory. The Saints Row series of Grand Theft Auto-inspired games is also a big breadwinner for the company, so fans can expect to see Saints Row 3 as well.

The biggest surprise for me is a follow-up to de Blob, which remains one of my favorite titles on the Nintendo Wii even now, after a year and four months of new Wii titles have come and gone. I didn't think the game had done well enough to warrant a sequel, but I am tremendously excited to learn otherwise.

Now I realize the Darksiders fans will be the most vocal in the comments section, but can I get a little de Blob love?

Unexpected... and most welcome indeed!

The missus will be pleased. It's ag ame she playes again. And again. And again. And rightfully so. It's tops!

Edited by Strange Cookie

Great news! Its bound to be on the Wii so don't start putting it in doubt, H-o-T. :heh:

I wonder if they will top the soundtrack of the original. Décor (Blissful) is a top tune!

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Excellent news, i absolutely love the original. Waggle-jump aside, its one of the best titles on the platform.

Great news! Its bound to be on the Wii so don't start putting it in doubt, H-o-T. :heh:

I wonder if they will top the soundtrack of the original. Décor (Blissful) is a top tune!

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Good point. I kinda wish they'd just use the first game's soundtrack.

*Listens to Revolutionary*

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Woohoo! Even just more of the same would make me a happy puppy.

I quite like not saving during levels, makes you put aside a good couple of hours to play. What would be nice, is when you've completed the main level, if it could stop the clock, so you can try find all the hidden stuff without constantly dying from time running out.

Woohoo! Even just more of the same would make me a happy puppy.

I quite like not saving during levels, makes you put aside a good couple of hours to play. What would be nice, is when you've completed the main level, if it could stop the clock, so you can try find all the hidden stuff without constantly dying from time running out.

I actually never ran out of time. But it would be nice if we could complete those achivements in the "Free Paint" mode (I think that was its name)