NEurope

WOW, u ppl really go all out.

LOL. I have had a weeks holiday from work so I have just been playing on games all week :)

It's just one of those games that once you pick it up, you can't seem to put it down. :hehe:

Took me 12 hours to finish, but like I said that's without completing it 100%, only got golds on the first few stages. To fully complete the game like H-o-T has, you're looking at 30+ hours, so it's not a short game by any stretch of the imagination. :smile:

People seem to finish this game so quickly, its a bit daunting.

Seems to me it's because they battle to put it down for the next 10 solid hours when they start playing!

Just found out i'm getting a bit of extra cash than i thought from tomorrow's work, so should finally be able to buy a copy :yay:

Bought my copy earlier today. Played out the first level which I made last 34mins. Controls aren't as great as I'd have imagined. The flicking of the 'mote to jump is kinda annoying. Would have been nice to have just had it on the A button.

I found jumping a bit weird at first- especially since it tells you to swipe in a downwards motion to do it. I found that it works just as well if you flick up, which I find more natural. I like to swat the remote down the way when pouncing on the baddies!

Opps at computerandvideogames.

THQ has just released its bizarre yet quirky new blob rolling game, De Blob, on Wii. That costs £35. But you can get it for free… on PC. Or at least, you can get ‘The Blob’ for free, and it looks damn near identical. …Now, we don’t know which came first, who ripped off who, but this Dutch site explains< "Gemaakt door 8 studenten Game Design & Development aan de Hogeschool voor de Kunsten Utrecht en 1 student Informatica aan de Universiteit Utrecht." Just as we thought...

This demo was produced by a group of Dutch university students for a project, and was released years ago. They sold the rights to the game to THQ, which is how it came to be a commercial title.

Did that even warrant an article from them? I thought it was common knowledge that it was originally a free PC game.

Anyone else not find the controls in this to be a bit hit and miss as well as the camera? I'm finding those to be true and for the gameplay to be a bit repetitive. But then I haven't really been in the mood for playing games really lately. Perhaps I'll shelf it and come back to it further down the line when I've got my gaming mojo back.

Got the game today.

Yeah, the controls seem a bit off, but i think you have to get used to them. Like when u jump on the wall and he doesnt jump is just like pushing a button and he doesnt jump, ur not meant to jump right after hitting the wall, stuff like that, that we tend to blame on waggle when we wouldn't on buttons.

I found it easy to put down, but it is relaxing and has great music.

I'm renting this game from LoveFilm at the moment, and I'm really pleased I did - it really is amazin fun. My only gripe is that you have to set aside a fair chunk of time to get through each level - something I don't really have much of at the moment!

Haha yeah that tends to be my problem.

"Right, I'll play through this level then get back to my uni work."

...an hour later.

Here's some promising news from the main page of N-E

Great news for fans of de Blob: THQ announce that there's more to come from the little, inky goo ball!

You loved it, we loved it; it was difficult to espace the admiration for THQ's de Blob when it released last year.

The paint-themed platformer earned rave reviews everywhere, but its colourful style and modest marketing campaign led many to worry that the title would not perform as well as it deserves. Well, today we can put some of those concerns to rest, as IGN reveal just a portion of the success de Blob has managed in its few months out.

Straight from the NPD, the game managed to shift 230,000 copies in North America in December alone. Consider the fact that the game released in September, and then add all other regions to the equation and we can predict a healthy running-total for THQ's gem. Add to the fact that Nintendo's own Wario Land: The Shake Dimension only managed to sell through 150,000 units in the same festive period, and de Blob is a force not to be reckoned with.

No doubt the question on everypne's lips is: is it enough for a sequel? Speaking with IGN, a rep for THQ had the following comforting words for us:

"We're pleased with de Blob's performance worldwide... expect to see more of de Blob in the future."

So there we go. No firm confirmations or platforms noted, but at least we know it's not the last we'll see of de Blob.

Thats great news. :hehe:

I wonder what they will do with de Blob? More platforming or...? What they have to do is maintain the high quality catchy tunes. Décor (Blissful) is so good.

I still need to pick this up, it looks great. With a busy Q1, it may have to wait.

£12 in Asda.

£12 in Asda.

Good game... Cheap price... ASDA Close by....Must hold back... Too many games.... Can't break no game vow broken again....Resist...

So hard...

What they have to do is maintain the high quality catchy tunes. Décor (Blissful) is so good.
Absolutely! de Blob has one of greatest soundtracks ever! They sure as hell better not mess with the formula!

*has nightmare of de Blob 2 featuring heavy metal soundtrack :shakehead*

Nooooooooooooooo! :heh:

£12 in Asda.
That is a crazy good deal! Someone would have to be seriously nuts to miss out on this game for that price. :eek:

Absolutely! de Blob has one of greatest soundtracks ever! They sure as hell better not mess with the formula!

*has nightmare of de Blob 2 featuring heavy metal soundtrack :shakehead*

Nooooooooooooooo! :heh:

I agree! Unless they really change the style and atmosphere of the game. :heh:

That is a crazy good deal! Someone would have to be seriously nuts to miss out on this game for that price. :eek:

Didn't we get it for £18 on release? That was also a crazy good deal. As for the nuts comment... *looks at Mr. T in your sig*

I hate you guys, you just don't help me stick to my morals :blank:

I'm getting it tomorrow now...

Someone would have to be seriously nuts to miss out on this game for that price.

If it weren't for the fact i'd drank far too much tonight (hence my appalling Mario Kart results), i'd be down at ASDA now (that said, our ASDA is a tiny store, and not open 24 hours). Hopefully, tiny store ASDA won't let me down with shite stock tomorrow.