NEurope

That's a huge shame about the sales, :( really hope it picks up.

Has there been any TV advertising for it? I think it's the kind of game that could do well in the casual market too, but they need to get the word out.

These impressions sound really positive and I can't wait to play this , unfortunately , it is still to arrive but hopefully it'll turn up tomorrow.

Im hoping it at least breaks into the top 10 as this title really deserves alot of success!

It's not even in the top 10 on gameplay.co.uk (a fairly "hardcore" website) which is ominous. Most people who buy from there are more educated on what games are actually good. WarioLand is like 3rd though so....

As long as it keeps selling, it doesn't need to break top 10, although it would be lovely if it did, considering it deserves it.

That'll only be after the weekend sales though. It could fare better in next weeks charts after having had this week full week of sales under its belt.

Well let's just say people say that for basically absolutely every game that ever sells under expectations and that scenario you mentioned virtually never ends up happening (apart from ridiculous exceptions like the casual crowd titles).

Fact is the first 2 or 3 days or so sales of most hardcore games (for any system in general) are massively over the rest of that week

Just got the last 2 levels to beat now.

On the Fun Park level I had got 100% on everything apart from the billboards and I just couldnt find them. I searched around the level and finally found the last 2 but they were high above me on a tube.

I spent a good 10 mins trying to get up there, I tried jumping, wall jumping and even firing out of the cannon but nothing worked. I was getting very frustrated as im trying to get 100%/all rewards ( apart from the time rewards ) on my first run and this was going to spoil things.

I was just about to call it quits and head to the exit then I decided to try the cannon one last time and sure enough I figured it out. You had to fire yourself out of the cannon but press B in mid air so you stopped and slammed onto the platform below where the billboards were located. With 4 mins left on the clock I pegged it to the exit :)

Camon guys, this is DE BLOB

It may look Hardcore, but it isn't, its actually very famous around the world, the popularity started when the Tetris creator considered it one of the best games ever (the first one)

This will pick up in sales, don't worry

It may look Hardcore, but it isn't, its actually very famous around the world, the popularity started when the Tetris creator considered it one of the best games ever (the first one)

It doesnt matter if its hardcore or casual the fact is its a fantastic game, is fun to play and looks to have been created with passion rather than quickly made and shoved on the shelf. These reasons alone make it more than worthy to be a big seller.

I'm reviewing this, it should be coming through tomorrow, I'm looking forward to playing it from everyone's impressions. :)

I don't see what you're saying here.

I'm reviewing this, it should be coming through tomorrow, I'm looking forward to playing it from everyone's impressions. :)

You will love it Nathan. If you dont enjoy it I suggest you find another forum to spend your time on :)

I'm saying that the game isn't hardcore and is very famous in the Casual market.

So, you said the sales were awful in this thread, i'm saying they will get good ;)

You will love it Nathan. If you dont enjoy it I suggest you find another forum to spend your time on :)

I'll take you up on that challenge. : peace:

I'm saying that the game isn't hardcore and is very famous in the Casual market.

So, you said the sales were awful in this thread, i'm saying they will get good ;)

Does it really matter about what 'core' it's classified as? As long as we get a decent game to play in this recent flood of mediocre shovelware, I'm happy.

Urgh... you're not getting me...

I'm not saying the game is bad, average, etc, i never played it myself.

I'm only saying the game is famous around the casual market, so it'l get good sales

Urgh... you're not getting me...

I'm not saying the game is bad, average, etc, i never played it myself.

I'm only saying the game is famous around the casual market, so it'l get good sales

No, I'm not getting you. I don't see how you can make a statement like that in regards to a game that's just come out and that you haven't played.

How do you even know it's 'famous around the casual market'? It's been out for less than a week, and the downloadable PC game didn't really make an impact.

Watched some footage of this and I've decided I'll pick this up instead of Wario Land, which I hope to get at a later date. It just looked more fun than WL. Can you turn off the timers or is there a free roam section where you can just mess about? If not it doesn't matter.

On the Fun Park level I had got 100% on everything apart from the billboards and I just couldnt find them. I searched around the level and finally found the last 2 but they were high above me on a tube.
I just did a 100% painted run on the first level, got through it all really quickly but at the end was left with 1 tree, which took me such a long time to find it was unreal! :shakehead

Was so relieved when I found it. :D

Watched some footage of this and I've decided I'll pick this up instead of Wario Land, which I hope to get at a later date. It just looked more fun than WL. Can you turn off the timers or is there a free roam section where you can just mess about? If not it doesn't matter.
Yeah you can free paint on any stage once you've played it on story mode.

It's nice and chilled out. :)

good good. Won't be getting it from Play.com unless the get it in stock pretty soonish. I may just hold out till they get it in stock again to get it for £17.99 but then £29.99 isn't that bad a price for the game by the looks of it. I've spent more on worse games than that.

Ive just beat the final boss in this awesome game. He isnt hard but he can be frustrating :) I didnt get 100% on the last 2 levels due to the fact you get cut off from certain parts as you progress through the stage.

this game is total kiddie and typical nintendo kiddie thing.. (orders right away)

No, THIS is the Nintendo Kiddy thing.

150px-Kiddy.jpg

I went into game yesterday & did some shelf rearranging, scattered random copies of de Blob at eye level on the top 20 charts. Hopefully it may get an extra sale or 2...!

There are games that don't sell hundreds of thousands in the first week but keep selling for a long time as word of mouth spreads, hopefully if this doesn't get a big boost of sales at first, it'll at least be one of those.

Kiddy Kong... DKC 3... what a game... infact if you check my profile, its the best game ever! (or my favourite atleast...)

I played some more de Blob last night, but I didn't complete the level because they take so long and I like to be as thorough as possible. I had the game paused for a while during the Champions League highlights, but I ended up turning it off cos I knew I wouldn't be going back to it... :zzz: There's a fairly decent showing of de Blob in my HMV here, but thats cos its a new release- I dread to think how well hidden it will be when the new releases for this weekend are out.

I went into game yesterday & did some shelf rearranging, scattered random copies of de Blob at eye level on the top 20 charts. Hopefully it may get an extra sale or 2...!

Awesome! I like your style.

I played some more de Blob last night, but I didn't complete the level because they take so long and I like to be as thorough as possible. I had the game paused for a while during the Champions League highlights, but I ended up turning it off cos I knew I wouldn't be going back to it... :zzz:

If you want to try and get everything in a level you pretty much have to set aside around 70-80mins. My average time was about 70mins per level, then again there was always a tree/building/billboard I missed and I would have to spend a good 10mins looking for that!

After finishing the main game I had a shower and watched a dvd before going to bed. I couldnt sleep so I got back up and put De Blob back on :) I finished getting all the awards on the first 4 levels and then finished off all of the extra challenges you get when you beat a level. The billboard challenge took some doing but it made me alot better at wall riding/jumping.

:bowdown:

I did that with Battalion Wars .. don't think it helped much though..

Really looking forward to De Blob.. was surprised when I saw it on sale.. I thought it would be released later