NEurope

Not even noticed this game until today, watched the IGN video review and it looks really good. Might have to pick this up soon. I'm all for supporting games that are a bit different as well as actually good.

I've always been interested in this game, and I'm glad to see it has turned out well. I wasn't going to buy it just yet, but the play.com price was too hard to resist. Hopefully it gets dispatched soon :)

Those who ordered from play.com check your orders as mine got sent today :)
Yeah mine is on the way too!

This is why I don't use Play.com for new releases though. (apart from situations like this, when the price is right :wink:) I mean, shipping on the release date! What's that all about!? icon13.gif

Mine has also been sent- wonder when it'll arrive! :yay:
Monday's a possibility, Tuesday or Wednesday are probably more realistic though.

Oh well... back to Wario & Mega Man 9. :grin:

Yeah, I was thinking that I've seen this with Play.com before. They are good for bargains, but with pre-orders they aren't so hot- the last game I pre-ordered with them (Zack and Wiki or Fire Emblem Wii) I ended up cancelling and getting elsewhere as it still hadn't arrived a week later! I'm in no big rush at the moment for de Blob either, means I can also concentrate on a few other games over the weekend... Megaman 9 yes, but I haven't got Wario yet. I'm thinking I'll leave Wario til Christmas- it can be my Mario Galaxy of 2008!

Damn all you bargain hunters out there.

I had managed to let this slip under my radar and didn't think it was going to be a purchase , but at that price it would be crazy not to pick it up.

My credit card dislikes you all.

Other 3rd parties take note, this is how you make a great game on the Wii!

My copy arrived an hour ago from play.com and I spent all of that time just jumping, painting and just generally messing around the first level, its so much fun!

Whats great is how the game music reacts to how you paint the buildings. I picked a funky style of music to play and it just reminded me of ToeJam and Earl for some reason :heh:

From the opening cutscene ( which is great ) the game just screams FUN. I was also glad I could get staright into the game as it teaches you how to play as you are playing the first world. No tutorial level = WIN!

I look forward to reading what RedShell, ThePigMarcher and darksnowman have to say about it. Dislike this game and you have no soul!

Got mine today too, managed to get a quick game in this morning and yeah from what I played I definitely agree with you H-o-T, it's pure quality. :smile:

After only a few minutes with this game you can tell just how much effort has gone in to making it, the controls, the visuals, the music (my God the music! :yay:), the overall style of the game has been so well crafted. Definitely right up there with Eledees and Zack&Wiki for the best third party Wii title.

So yeah, can't wait to sit down and really get in to it later. And I'd seriously recommend everyone to pick this game up and show some support to a truly deserving third party dev on Wii. Plus it's still only £18 on Play.com which is a proper bargain! icon14.gif

Argh, sounds like this is a class game. I might pick it up soon, but I'll have to get Lock's Quest first. Then again, fricking Game/Gamestation could come through for me and give me job, and then I'd have no problem getting both. : peace:

Even so... I have way too many Wii/DS games I need to actually finish.

Traded in Mario Strikers and Warioware Wii for this today. Initially I was skeptical, it felt like any old regular Platformer, but when the music started improving throughout the level and the challenges and level design began to vary, I found I was enjoying it. Excellent work Bluetongue and THQ!: peace:

Got this friday together with Wario Land. Allthough Wario Land is a 2D animated piece of art, I find this game actually generally more entertaining.. Then again, I haven't played much of either game, as something came up (namely MEGAMAN 9). But yeah, the artstyle is great, cutscenes funny, gameplay relaxing, and the music.. Damn the music. Bloody fantastic, especially at the beginning of a level where you are making the music yourself with the sounds you get when you paint stuff. This game satisfies a need for platform action in a same way that a Banjo Threeie would have, at least for me.

Would those that have this and Wario Land say this has more lasting appeal than Wario Land? At this moment in time, I can only afford the one game out of the two and want something with a bit more lasting appeal.

Well I just spent half an hour (yep, a whole half hour!) eejiting about in the first level so here are some very initial impressions. I'm probably over exaggerating but is it just me or is there more than a hint of Pixar about this? I think so anyway- definitely in the cutscenes! Gameplay wise, its all good thus far. I keep hoping for a little more from the jumping, but I'm sure I'll either get used to it, or maybe you learn a trick or two as the game goes on? The main (and oh so slight) gripe I have is that I've been trying to "wall kick" between buildings as a way to climb them, but I can't seem to get any extra height from my attempts. :heh:

Musically, very classy so far. Its like DIY SimCity music- splash some yellow to add in some flutey sounds, some purple to add some funk... then the coffee to add... some DJ Jazzy Jeff style scratches. :awesome:

The sticker on the front of the plastic sealing said something like "The Best Game Nintendo Never Made!" and you know, it may just be.

I was going to save this game as an xmas present as there is literall over 30 games I'm buying from Sept - Dec so needed games I could get family and girlfriend to buy; but at £18 I couldn't resists, too cheap!! My copy should be here tomorrow and I can't wait :)

As for Wario Land; I think it has a lot of replay value to be honest; the game is amazing, I love it; the missions add some difficult incentive to keep playing. Main games easy but the challenges are extremely tricky!

GET BOTH!!!

The sticker on the front of the plastic sealing said something like "The Best Game Nintendo Never Made!" and you know, it may just be.

I'm all for this De Blob, but you HAVE played Zack and Wicki haven't you ;)

Would those that have this and Wario Land say this has more lasting appeal than Wario Land? At this moment in time, I can only afford the one game out of the two and want something with a bit more lasting appeal.

Hmm thats a toughie.

Wario Lands main game can easily be completed in say 5 hours but if you like unlocking everything it will take you 4 times aslong. I was all of Saturday and I have still got challenges to do and treasures to find.

De Blob is kinda the same. The main game is around 8 hours long but if you want to get 100% on each level it will take you a long time. I have been on this since 11 this morning and have just finished the 5th world now. I have done them all 100% so that kinda gives you an idea of how long the game is.

If money is an issue then you might aswell snap up De Blob as it only £18 on play.com.

Steve, dont bother with the wall jumping. I havent used it once in the first half of the game and thats with me collecting everything. You can get to all of the areas without using it.

Thanks guys. I would like to get both but obviously, I only have the funds to get one at this moment in time (still trying to find a job that sits in with my Uni schedule). I'll give it a little more pondering and a bit of viewing on the interweb and decide later on.

Thanks guys. I would like to get both but obviously, I only have the funds to get one at this moment in time (still trying to find a job that sits in with my Uni schedule). I'll give it a little more pondering and a bit of viewing on the interweb and decide later on.

No problem.

Whatever your choice is you win as both games are fantastic and are must haves on the Wii.

Methinks I will call it a day on De Blob, I have been playing on it for practically 10 hours straight! Time for some food, shower and then perhaps some Wario before chilling out for the night :)

I'm all for this De Blob, but you HAVE played Zack and Wicki haven't you ;)

I sure have, and its a top game but de Blob is also very very charming and fun.

Steve, dont bother with the wall jumping. I havent used it once in the first half of the game and thats with me collecting everything. You can get to all of the areas without using it.

Yeah, I know... you go up the ramp shaped buildings and stuff... but I was just trying to splish splosh the paint about in some style to go with the music!

Been playing this for a good few hours now and am up to the 6th stage, having such a great time playing this game. :smile:

I love the effect when you activate those switches that restores all the colour to a certain area, the sound that thing makes through my surround system is immense, crazy amount of bass on it shakes the whole damn house! :grin:

The main (and oh so slight) gripe I have is that I've been trying to "wall kick" between buildings as a way to climb them, but I can't seem to get any extra height from my attempts. :heh:
Tricky isn't it? As you continually seem to lose hight. Definitely a worthwhile move though were possible as your points multiply with every successful coat of paint in the combo. :awesome:

The ability to jump between buildings with Z targeting makes up for the difficult wall jumping I reckon.

My copy arrived today but it was a bigger parcel than I thought cos it turned out that I also received a limited edition De blob figurine with it. I ordered it from The-Hut only a week ago.

A whopping 20th place on the Wii only UK charts for its debut, not even close to All console. Yikes.

Not really shocking though with a game like this sadly.

While I really like WarioLand for me DeBlob is the better game because of its length, multi-player mode and just being more fun :yay: Cant go wrong with either though.

uvs080930-003.jpguvs080930-008.jpguvs080930-009.jpg

uvs080930-012.jpguvs080930-014.jpguvs080930-020.jpg

uvs080930-015.jpg

A whopping 20th place on the Wii only UK charts for its debut, not even close to All console. Yikes.

Not really shocking though with a game like this sadly.

That'll only be after the weekend sales though. It could fare better in next weeks charts after having had this week full week of sales under its belt.

That'll only be after the weekend sales though. It could fare better in next weeks charts after having had this week full week of sales under its belt.

Im hoping it at least breaks into the top 10 as this title really deserves alot of success!