N-Europe

Quick! Somebody build an ark! (Official Weather Thread)

gaggle64

Its a lovely summer's day here, with no wind or rain whatsoever. Mmmmmmm...God I love living here.

Where is hjaltland? Is it Scandinavian?

I wish I lived in the States. So many different climates, geography and peoples. And they get most games before us.

I wouldn't mind moving to Aussie land or New Zealand, either. Three most beautiful countries in the world and they all speak English.

And yeah, raining here. I hate cloudy days, you can never see the stars at night...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit, somebody take this bright shining sun away from us! ITS BURNING MY SKIIIN.

Is it always dark in Norway in winter where you come live?

You make it sound Mediteranean. (Did I spell that right?)

There is about 6 hours of daylight midwinter, plus minus, at its darkest. Today it is pretty mediterranean. Theres not a cloud in the sky.

Whenever I think of a Scandinavian country I always think cold, terrible weather. But I live in the United Kingdom, so I can't talk...

Manchester is pretty flood free. Its alright being on top of a giant hill.

Hull is pretty submerged by all accounts according to friends there. One#s house is flooded by water, and the other is about 6" away from being flooded.. Another friend can't get back in since all the roads are flooded!

I've been living in a tent for the past five days in Somerset. I am pretty soaked. Last night I had to spend half an hour pushing a car through mud while it horsed down with rain. However half an hour before that I was watching Bill Bailey and the Chemical Brothers which kind of evens it all out.

It was rainy when I was going to and from work, and alright at parts during the day. But I don't mind walking around in the rain really. (Although I did get to work and put my coat on a gondola and don't know if I ever moved it, someone may have stolen it. But thats a different story.)

The weather is reflecting my mood for now. And I know theres a word for that (weather reflecting the mood - used in media) but I can't think what it is. Any help?

;486596"]

The weather is reflecting my mood for now. And I know theres a word for that (weather reflecting the mood - used in media) but I can't think what it is. Any help?

I sure there's a specific word for that as well. Like the storms in King Lear and Macbeth reflecting madness. The closest thing I can think of though is pathetic fallacy where human traits and emotions are given to things in nature and inanimate objects, but that doesn't quite fit. Hmmm, I think some searching on google is needed.

Back on topic, it's pissing it down at the moment in Oxford.

13 year old boy swept into river Sheaf in Sheffield. Sounds likes there's hundreds of people trapped and Meadowhall 2 foot under water.

It's on BBC news too. Looks pretty bad. I tell you in a month they'll be complaining of water shortages.