NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
gaggle64

Quick! Somebody build an ark! (Official Weather Thread)

Here's a thread about the bleedin' weather, especially since most of the UK seems to be flooding on a daily basis.

Up here in Scotland it's just been straight up grey and depressing for weeks now, with only a couple of days reprieve at all. No flooding though luckily. Mind you, it would at least break the monotony a bit. God it's getting depressing. Where's this summer I hear so much about then, eh?

Liverpool is just wet, damp, cold, windy and pissing down.

Don't worry though we are long over due a heat wave of some sorts so fingers crossed!

Man I hope the train lines don't get flooded again. Last week I had to get a bus from Sheffield to Doncaster then wait in Donny for 45 minutes for a train. Really don't want to do that again >.<

Rain, rain, rain... i went out today taking pictures of the floods and was pretty shocked. Close to where i live (Called Pleasley Vale if you care) has a lttle stream running through it... not any more. The water has burst the banks and is halfway up trees.

The wooden thing you see is a bridge, on the plus side it looks very green.

dscf2664gn3.jpg

The left side is where the stream was.

dscf2670go7.jpg

dscf2677dp4.jpg

Copied it from Meeningless post. Don't want to write a new one.

Its a lovely summer's day here, with no wind or rain whatsoever. Mmmmmmm...God I love living here.

Part of my towns flooded, its been raining now for almost 16 hours. Bluddy Britain.

I'd rather this continued than a heat wave. Or if a heat wave does happen, I hope I'm at sea. I can't stand being too hot. Bring on the autumn/winter!

It's pissing down here in "sunny" Brighton. I was carrying a suitcase in the rain from one house to the other yesterday, and got drenched.

A Humberside Fire Service spokesman said the man was trapped by his foot amid rising water levels.

That must be the most scariest way to die.

Here in the Sunny South East of Ireland it has finally stopped raining for the first day in about 6!!! :eek:

We got pummelled by rain this past week but i live on a hill so no flooding near me. As far as i know the rivers around are swelled to breaking point so thank god for the lull in the precipitation!!

Birmingham's alright ^_^ no floods round me and no rain so far today.

Best time to break out the Lilos and get your money's worth. Imagine that, floating past your neighbours house, cocktail in hand.

"Y'alright Keith?"

Awesome. If only it was that flooded here.

I bet we wouldn't be complaining if it was winter and this was snow... well i wouldn't be anyway.

Birmingham's alright ^_^ no floods round me and no rain so far today.

Good ol' Brummagem never gets flooded, the canal never bursts its banks, we're always okay. :smile:

Damnit I spoke to soon >.< the trains are down to Sheffield. I hate buses! At least I have my new video iPod for teh journey....

Edit: ooh the forcast does say 'sunny intervals' for tomorrow though, my day of travel. *Crosses fingers*.

Its been pissing it down all day here, really bad wind too.

Upside is, we live in a valley with alot of untouched land, so we never get floods because the water just soaks into the soil.

It hasn't been raining that much where i am only a few drizzles of rain through out the day, nothing torrential like some of you a are experiencing. It hasn't even been that windy but is colder than usual.

It started raining around 3 this morning and didn't stop until 3 this afternoon.

Then the wind blowing now is making the tress move quite a lot.

its sunny nows!! twas raining abit yesterday, but a couple weeks ago it really poured for like 3 days and the river flooded (basically looked like the pictures in this thread)

Dull weather. Much, much better than a boiling hot day.

I hate the heat.

Sign in to follow this