N-Europe

Bioshock

KKOB

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My order at gameplay is still being picked, grrrr....

Mine too... im not that worryed tho as i wasnt expecting them to send it untill tomorow.

Hmm i was just thinking... in all the years i have brought games from them, this is the first time its said "being picked" on a tuesday.

Oh is the Royal mail on strike friday??? if they are then that could be why.

Mine too... im not that worryed tho as i wasnt expecting them to send it untill tomorow.

Hmm i was just thinking... in all the years i have brought games from them, this is the first time its said "being picked" on a tuesday.

Oh is the Royal mail on strike friday??? if they are then that could be why.

Same here, i've never been so happy to see my available balance £50.98 down :yay: :yay: :yay:

I'm booking 2 days off from my boyfriend for this game, though i may get lonely and crack lol

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT!!!!

Now that my resits over i'm in need of an awesome game to get my thumbs and brain a bit active again.

Does the gamespot review have spoilers?

I'm ready to bitch about their scoring for attention purposes policy. Also their 'for enough money we'll give your game a high score' policy as well.

EDIT: It's status has shifted to 'Dispatched' :yay:

MINES DISPATCHED TOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm probably about 30 quid overdrawn, but I really don't care!! It feels like Christmas!! :D:D:D *Dances around room.*

Ahem, sorry about that, can you tell that I'm really excited yet? Lol. ^^;

EDIT: I just thought, there was a lock on all PC versions in America, so that it wouldn't play until today. As the release date for Europe isn't till Friday, do you think that there's going to be some sort of lock on it?

I was having a bit of bank trouble when I noticed that i was £52.98 short in my account. I was wondering where it had gone, but had a trip into town anyway. I asked the bankman who said that there was one £50.98 and two £1 debits. I knew that Bioshock was £50.98 but when I looked on ameplay before i went it had just said 'ordered', plus I had no email. I look on gameplay now, just about to talk to someone when i click on 'ordered' to find it has been dispatched.:smile: Ive still got £2 missing though.

Same here, i've never been so happy to see my available balance £50.98 down :yay: :yay: :yay:

Thats me lol.

Will probably get it tommorow on 1st class:smile: :smile: :smile:

Those of you eagerly awaiting the release of BioShock this Friday might end up a little disappointed. Early reports from the States have suggested that a number of Big Daddy figurines, that come in the Limited Collector's Edition of the game, are broken.

In a statement on the Cult of Rapture website, 2K said:

"As often happens with large shipments, a small percentage of the Big Daddy units reached retailers damaged. Since it stinks to get a broken figurine on launch day, we're putting a plan into place if you do receive a damaged Big Daddy."

In order to get a replacement figurine, you need to visit http://www.2kgames.com/bioshock/busted/ where details will soon become available. Those whose Big Daddy figurines have broken will receive a free printed copy of the "Breaking the Mold" BioShock art book, released last week, as an apology.

I hope Im not one of them

I heard about that, though I don't think there's really that many Big Daddy figurines that are broken. Besides, a free printed art book sounds pretty cool. At least 2K are giving good support for people who have broken figurines.

EDIT: Plus that says US and Canada, so European copies could be in perfect condition...

On the website it says it only affects US and Canadian shipments. Lets hope it stays that way.

I heard about that, though I don't think there's really that many Big Daddy figurines that are broken. Besides, a free printed art book sounds pretty cool. At least 2K are giving good support for people who have broken figurines.

They need to. They've renamed Irrational so that they can associate themselves with Bioshock, much like Rockstar did with GTA. So rep is very important to them.

You guys really do suck.

Gamespot's review is completely valid and if you read or watched the review you would know why.

They don't encourage exploration and it looks like they take you by the hand for the whole game. Also the enemies just get more health throughout the game so instead of them being smarter and being a bigger challenge it just gets a bit annoying.

Also gamespot work on 1 to 10 scale going up in 0.5's. So 9.0 is only two down from a ten.

Widscreen in the is 4:3 with the top and bottom cut off, rather than a wider view.

See this image:

bioshockwsshit-thumb.jpg

The red sections are what you see in 4:3, the rest are what you see in widescreen.

Anyway. Just started downloading the PC demo. I look forward to playing it next week.

Widscreen in the is 4:3 with the top and bottom cut off, rather than a wider view.

See this image:

bioshockwsshit-thumb.jpg

The red sections are what you see in 4:3, the rest are what you see in widescreen.

Anyway. Just started downloading the PC demo. I look forward to playing it next week.

I heard that the widescreen is what was intended to be shown, and how it was designed, and the 4:3 has actually got "extra" area on the top and bottom. So the 4:3 image will be a bit smaller, but with more showing.

But that just might be people finding an excuse to love the game more.

After playing the demo i am not so hyped. I expected so much more given the reviews. The game seems ok but its not gripping me as much as i hoped. Maybe i am not a fan of the 60's artstyle or the magician type gameplay. But it seems like a good alternative type fps.

The graphics are nice; its running on max settings perfectly with not a single drop in fps on my 8800gts. I like the atmosphere its great. But the gameplay feels not so interesting and i didnt care for the trailer at the end showcasing the combat. But it could be a demo thing and maybe the full game is much better.