N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we might as well admit over the last four league games we've been shite, and it would appear we've thrown the opportunity to win the league. We now need to beat Chelsea next week, and beat Man Utd at Old Trafford to stand a chance. In our form, doesn't seem likely.

Top of the table lads, finally time to turn the tables on those arsenal fans who havn't shut up for the last few weeks.

Worrying thing is tho we need to get back to our goal scoring ways. Beating derby just 1-0 and losing to portsmouth at home after all thos chances is not good enough if we wanna now pull away from the arse and chelski.

It was quite interesting yesterday. United, Arsenal and Chelsea (Liverpool, too?) all had uncomfortable games.

I thought Derby and Sunderland played excellent yesterday. Why is it that teams only ever step up their game when it's against the bigger clubs? If they played more positively like they did yesterday, maybe they wouldn't be in the position that they are in.

I hope Sunderland stay up. I wouldn't be sorry to lose Bolton.

Yesterday was such a nail-biting game, at many points I expected it to just end goal-less, or even the possibility of Derby sneaking a cheeky one in the last few mins. But, if anyone had to come up with the goods, it had to be Ronaldo.

Worrying thing is tho we need to get back to our goal scoring ways. Beating derby just 1-0 and losing to portsmouth at home after all thos chances is not good enough if we wanna now pull away from the arse and chelski.

True but the difference between Utd and the rest seems to be that even when we play bad we get results. The Portsmouth game was a shock though.

I hope Sunderland stay up. I wouldn't be sorry to lose Bolton.

I hope Sunderland go down. I'm not too worried about losing Bolton either... but it would be good to be rid of Sunderland.

EDIT: Really need Everton to lose today aswell, unfortunately I cant see it happening

And they did! They only had one attempt on goal that was a Yobo header from a corner. Fulham controlled the midfield well, played some nice stuff and could have had 2, 3 or even 4 goals.

True but the difference between Utd and the rest seems to be that even when we play bad we get results. The Portsmouth game was a shock though.

Its because you have so many individuals experienced enough to create something out of nothing even when things are going badly. The only one Arsenal have like that is RVP probably.

OMG. Dundee Utd were 1-0 up in about the 85th minute of the CIS Insurance Cup Final. Dundee player got the ball just outside their own box, loads of time. Turned around and tapped it back to the keeper, but Boyd was right there next to him, he got it, and scored.

Argh. Onto extra time now.

Well we're definately going down. Losing 1-0 against a team reduced to 10 men is unacceptable - we should have had 2 penalties and have had loads of chances to score, and yet we haven't.

Why the fuck we let Anelka go is beyond me

ist2_743827_english_money_background.jpg

You could have bought 2 or 3 decent players with that cash. but you would struggle to get one of Anelka's quality. If you are going to sell a player like that you need to do something spectacular with the cash.

Top of the table lads, finally time to turn the tables on those arsenal fans who havn't shut up for the last few weeks.

Rightly so, everyone and their dog said the spuds would finish above us, we'd struggle to even finish fourth. Even if we don't win the title, we've had a decent season so far, last two campaigns we've been bloody shocking.

Well we're definately going down. Losing 1-0 against a team reduced to 10 men is unacceptable - we should have had 2 penalties and have had loads of chances to score, and yet we haven't.

Why the fuck we let Anelka go is beyond me

In my opinion, Bolton sealed their fate when they sold Anelka, and that was a while back now. They could have made a great escape, Tevez-style, possibly.

I watched the Fulham/Everton clash and City/Spurs encounter this afternoon.

I thought Fulham played tremendously, with both Davies and Bullard having great afternoons. Everton looked a bit leggy, and the fourth place spot is probably in the bag for Liverpool now, imo. They've got greater depth of squad, and that will probably carry them through til the end of the season.

Next season, I'd like to see Moyes spend some money on bringing in some players for situations such as this, and maybe then they'll be able to get a much deeper run in the UEFA cup, FA Cup and go for a higher spot in the League.

I thought Spurs's defence played pretty damn well today, so it was very unlucky for them to concede twice and lose the game. Woodgate, Chimbonda and Dawson all looked on their game today, and did pretty well. It was very ironic that all three of them let their concentration slip when City had the corner which led to the winner. The scoreline is not a reflection of how Spurs played as a defensive unit.

I was also surprised, much like Robbie Keane was, to see him being subbed and not Berbatov. I have a feeling that if Keane was still on the pitch, Spurs might have got something out of the game, since he was a real livewire upfront.

So short sighted - we should have sold him in the summer and ensured our safety - we're going to lose a lot more than the 15 million we got for him.

A total disgrace - I blame Newcastle for poaching our manager and then fucking him off after half a season, and hope they go down with us

Villa may have royally fucked things up for getting into Europe. We've had a bad week with 2 games that we should have comfortably got 4 points from, at least. Does anyone know if Portsmouth have entered into the Intertoto? With no chance of a fifth Champions League spot, its our only real chance of getting into Europe at the moment.

Both Villa and Portsmouth have a fairly simple run to the end, despite us facing Man Utd in a couple of weeks. Going to be an interesting last couple of months.

Villa may have royally fucked things up for getting into Europe. We've had a bad week with 2 games that we should have comfortably got 4 points from, at least. Does anyone know if Portsmouth have entered into the Intertoto? With no chance of a fifth Champions League spot, its our only real chance of getting into Europe at the moment.

Both Villa and Portsmouth have a fairly simple run to the end, despite us facing Man Utd in a couple of weeks. Going to be an interesting last couple of months.

I don't think Pompey entered the Intertoto. But if they have, and they go on to win the FA Cup, then they'll go into the UEFA Cup straight away.

We have to try and finish sixth just in case Pompey have entered the Intertoto and balls everything up in the FA Cup!

Rightly so, everyone and their dog said the spuds would finish above us, we'd struggle to even finish fourth. Even if we don't win the title, we've had a decent season so far, last two campaigns we've been bloody shocking.

I'm sure a nice runners-up medal would look great in the now dust-ridden Arsenal cabinets.

I'm sure a nice runners-up medal would look great in the now dust-ridden Arsenal cabinets.

Har-de-har...

They go top and its all out of the woodwork. This topic becomes more popular when Man Utd are playing well.

Still miss old Ant, Harribo and of course Hobbz.

Poor Luke Steele :( I don't really know who to blame for the situation:

Steele set for FA Cup heartbreak

Goalkeeper Luke Steele could miss out on playing at Wembley for Barnsley as the club have failed to reach a deal on his future with West Brom.

Steele has been on loan with the Tykes and helped them beat Liverpool and Chelsea to set up an FA Cup semi-final against Cardiff at Wembley on 6 April.

But his loan has run out and there is an impasse over extending the deal.

Talks are apparently deadlocked over who pays the player's wages during a proposed extended loan.

West Brom have been subsidising Steele's wages and the stumbling block is believed to be that they now want Barnsley to pay the majority of his wages.

Albion boss Tony Mowbray said: "Luke will be back here training with us on Monday as far as we are aware.

"It is a sad state of affairs but I like Barnsley manager Simon Davey so I'm not going to get into a war of words with him. It's unfortunate for Luke but there you go."

Albion have offered Steele to Barnsley on loan for the rest of the season and on a free transfer in the summer, despite the former Manchester United trainee having a year left on his contract.

We can't help the fact that we are a poor club but we have made a lot of money during our cup run, but I kind of feel West Brom are to blame too, whilst they have every right to demand more wages, they have purposely put us in this position. I have a feeling that it'll all work itself out and he will be playing for us in the semi, we sure as hell need him.

I don't think Pompey entered the Intertoto. But if they have, and they go on to win the FA Cup, then they'll go into the UEFA Cup straight away.

Everton, villa, man city, pompey and spurs have all apllied for the inter toto. Obviously spurs wont need it and Everton will finish 5th, so its between the other 3 clubs for the last spot. Or 2 if pompey win the FA cup.

Everton, villa, man city, pompey and spurs have all apllied for the inter toto. Obviously spurs wont need it and Everton will finish 5th, so its between the other 3 clubs for the last spot. Or 2 if pompey win the FA cup.

Just as I thought. We'll have to finish 6th or hope Pompey win the FA Cup...

Scotland squad for the friendly against Croatia has been announced...

Scotland squad:

Goalkeepers

Craig Gordon (Sunderland)

David Marshall (Norwich City)

Allan McGregor (Rangers)

Defenders

Graham Alexander (Burnley)

Russell Anderson (Sunderland)

Christophe Berra (Heart of Midlothian)

Gary Caldwell (Celtic)

Christian Dailly (Rangers)

Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur)

James McEveley (Derby County)

Stephen McManus (Celtic)

Gary Naysmith (Sheffield United)

Midfielders

Scott Brown (Celtic)

Barry Ferguson (Rangers)

Darren Fletcher (Manchester United)

Paul Hartley (Celtic)

Lee McCulloch (Rangers)

Stephen Pearson (Derby County)

Barry Robson (Celtic)

Gary Teale (Derby County)

Forwards

Kris Boyd (Rangers)

Steven Fletcher (Hibernian)

James McFadden (Birmingham City)

Shaun Maloney (Aston Villa)

Kenny Miller (Derby County)

Garry O'Connor (Birmingham City)

Looking pretty good, can't really think of anyone else I would put in it how isn't there already apart from big Davie Weir who was left out because he's played so much this season already and is 37. I think my team out of that would be...

Gordon

Hutton--------McManus--------Caldwell--------Naysmith

Brown <---> Fletcher/Hartley--------Ferguson--------McCulloch

----------------McFadden

Kris Boyd----------------

Can't decide between Fletcher or Hartley, if Hartley was playing I'd have him out on the right and Brown in the centre....

Edit - Chris Burke should be in the squad, just remembered about him. Apart from his diving and staying on the ground for about 2 minutes after someone touches him he'sa great wee player.

Birmingham 1 - 1 Newcastle...and the game is still going.

Owen just got an equaliser.

I'm rooting for Birmingham. Only because I want them to stay in the Premier League, they're a pretty decent side.

Sorry, The Villan, the_villa, Villa_R_S, and whoever else is an Aston Villa fan with the word Villa or Villan, or Aston for that matter in their name.