NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

I hope you're not thinking of Alex Mcleish. He's staying right where he is!

Where did you hear about them approaching all those managers? Most of the speculation like this is usually bull.

McLeish? Was I balls. I put my choice in white, and you left it out the quote...

I heard all these on Sky Sports News, with one of Blues' co-chairman saying that they had made an approach to those three managers.

birmingham are approaching those managers (which i agree are a complete joke) because of their proposed takeover.

they'll be hoping for the city-sven effect.

lets hope they get relegated instead.

birmingham are approaching those managers (which i agree are a complete joke) because of their proposed takeover.

they'll be hoping for the city-sven effect.

lets hope they get relegated instead.

:grin::kiss:

Blues have been deluded ever since they got back into the Premiership, and they really do think they are a big club because of that. Despite only ever winning one major trophy.

And Yeung doesn't have the sort of funds that Abramovich, Shinawatra and Lerner have.

Add that to Blues' history and it equals Fail.

Luton Town placed into administration.

hah

Serves them right, scummy tossers.

I can't believe the people who Birmingham have approached for the manager's job.

So far they've approached Harry Redknapp, Martin Jol, and Marcello Lippi. MARCELLO FUCKING LIPPI! :blank:

Blues need to realise that they're not that big a club. And top level managers like Jol and Lippi are too good for them, and they'll say 'No' in a heartbeat.

They need to look for less talented managers, and I can think of one who could be perfect for them...You guessed it, McClaren

I'm sorry but bull he would never go there. Harry is enjoying the best time of his career with Pompey. I actually joked to my Dad that the wally with the brolly would go to the Brum now. Much more his standard of club.

Luton Town placed into administration.

hah

Best if the club folds imo and the town gets demolished.

Bit annoyed at the amount of injuries we have right now. Hleb is out for 3 weeks!

Home internationals are set to return to the fixture list as early as February 2008 but do not currently include England, BBC Sport understands.

Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland will announce their participation in a new competition, called the Celtic Cup.

The quartet would play fixtures in February and March with the conclusion to the competition coming in May.

England have about a week to come to an agreement if they wish to take part.

An FA spokesman said: "We have no firm plans in place at this stage and there have been no discussions over a Home International tournament."

The Celtic Cup remains subject to confirmation but it is likely to be played every two years.

The competition would have a similar format to the old Home Championship which was staged every year until 1984.

Matches between England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland were eventually scrapped because of increasing fixture congestion.

606: DEBATE

Do you want home internationals? Give your views here

Prime Minister Gordon Brown said he would welcome the revival of home internationals to ease the pain of Euro 2008 misery for the four home nations.

England's defeat by Croatia, following the failures of Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales triggered calls for the sides to face each other in 2008.

"I would certainly enjoy that. I've got great memories from the 1960s and 70s," Brown said.

SFA chief executive Gordon Smith has said he is in favour of the move.

It is the first time since 1994 that no home nations have qualified for a major tournament.

Some people have called for a revival of the home internationals - I would enjoy that

Prime Minister Gordon Brown

Scotland battled valiantly but finished third in a group including Italy and France, while Northern Ireland's fate was sealed when they were beaten in Spain on Wednesday.

Wales's campaign was in tatters after a string of early defeats.

The prime minister said it was "desperately disappointing", adding: "In some cases that's down to bad luck. In some it's bad results.

"I know every football fan in Britain was looking forward to a summer of football next year, so it's very disappointing."

Brown added: "I know some people have called for a one-off revival next year of the Home Internationals.

"That's something for the football associations and clubs to consider."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7107705.stm

Hopefully England will join in too....

Sounds like an interesting idea. I've never actually watched Wales or NI play a competitive match.

Would be great but there's one stumbling block to that if Ireland are playing in a Celtic Cup - our home games will be played in Croke Park - if England are in it also the GAA will never let the FAI play England in Croke Park.

The last time the Republic and England played the England fans rioted when we went 1-0 up, ripped Lansdowne Road to bits and the game was abandoned...

At a board meeting today Mr David Allen resigned as chairman and director of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club with immediate effect.

The board would like to place on record their appreciation of Mr Allen's significant contribution during his chairmanship.

You have no idea how happy I am right now:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Mourinho and O'Neill have ruled themselves out of the England job.

Jewell has said no to the Ireland and Birmingham jobs.

anyone remember how poor brazil were when they had their all star team in 2004-2006? kaka, robinho, adriano, ronaldo, jeninho panembucano (sp?), gilberto, ZeRoberto ect. they were an all star individual collcetion of 11 players gettin nowher then cam Dunga, dropped some players, changed the system, lost the whole flair and entertaining football and played a solid physical style. they improved by alot, wait till coppa america.

thats what england need.

To be honest Dunga only changed things as Dinho and Kaka were not avaliable for copa america. Watch the side now and u see they are back to there good old ways (Brazil playing negative with 2 defensive midfielders is disgraceful). Dinho, Kaka, Robinho all in the same side. Full backs bombing forward and a side which is open expansive and vunrable at the back. But hey thats what we love about Brazil!!

I'd love to see the Home Championship make a return. England would be stupid not to participate.

You have no idea how happy I am right now:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

About time, he was a complete tosser. :grin:

Mourinho and O'Neill have ruled themselves out of the England job.

Jewell has said no to the Ireland and Birmingham jobs.

O'Neill made a promise to us, and he's going to keep it.

No Mourinho? Fabio Capello it is, then. :smile:

List of managers who have so far said 'No' to job at Blues:

Harry Redknapp

Martin Jol

Marcello Lippi

Paul Jewell

Luiz Felipe Scolari - (Oh, now come on...)

Well Sunderland are fairly shit!

---

We need Orient, Carlisle and Notts Forest to draw today - and it seems as if they're not going to do that. A win away to Cheltenham tomorrow will see us stay fourth now.

*punches wall*

FU@K!

shouldnt have lost a game like that. bolton were very good and deserved nothing less. A no to saha ever playing again, just like rudd was sold coz he didnt fit the system, so should he. carrick should have not started instead of anderson and i really cant see him getting his place like he did last season.

missing vidic clearly showed today.

Well Sunderland are fairly shit!

Youre telling me? Bludy mackems cant play for shit

*punches wall*

FU@K!

shouldnt have lost a game like that. bolton were very good and deserved nothing less. A no to saha ever playing again, just like rudd was sold coz he didnt fit the system, so should he. carrick should have not started instead of anderson and i really cant see him getting his place like he did last season.

missing vidic clearly showed today.

Defo, get rid of Saha in January bring in two new strikers in. Why was Ronaldo left?

Youre telling me? Bludy mackems cant play for shit

Says the Newcastle fan.

I was cursing throughout that United game. It just didn't seem to be our day, at all. :(

Evra was heavily involved though, haha. Him and Davies had me in stitches all afternoon. :D