N-Europe

Surely I'm not the only one here..(Left or Right?)

Dyson

Which hand do you write with?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which hand do you write with?

gah.. thats racism against left handed people (oh the joy of being a minoritiy - apart from being a girl on the nintendo forum)...

when we were learning how to write with pens (instead of pencils) in primary school .. i wasnt allowed to use a ink parker pen (grr).. i was told to use a plain ballpoint (due to me being left handed :o)

They gave me one of those silly triangle pens to write with to try and fix my writing problem in primary school. Didn't work, and made my hand hurt. ¬¬

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They gave me one of those silly triangle pens to write with to try and fix my writing problem in primary school. Didn't work, and made my hand hurt. ¬¬

whatever way i also write.. the fourth finger on my left hand (one before the pinkie) always rises in a lump and is all red and itchy ::(

yay for uni when all essays and stuff have to be typed..

Yay! :yay:

I read somewhere once that being left handed was genetic - does anyone know more about this? Surely it's possible to "train" yourself to write with your right hand if you're genetically a leftie?

You can train yourself to be ambidexterous.

Just do everything you;d normally do with your dominat hand with the other hand. Like everyday things.

Opening doors, using a mouse on computers, just little things.

I tried but kept forgetting.

Im righty but I know plenty who are lefty... and we can add Magic Buttons to that list now, too. Didnt know you were a lefty til there now.

Also... off topic... but whats the sale gonna be like...? (Could get the lass to buy herself somethin!) And where do you work again? Cos I had a gander in some shops last night but never noticed you so I hope its not Faith or Qube! :heh:

gah.. thats racism against left handed people (oh the joy of being a minoritiy - apart from being a girl on the nintendo forum)...

when we were learning how to write with pens (instead of pencils) in primary school .. i wasnt allowed to use a ink parker pen (grr).. i was told to use a plain ballpoint (due to me being left handed :o)

That's so unfair. :(

i used to use a fountain pen at school but it destroyed my work so i just use ball points now anyway. :D

I hate it when i use a nice pen to write a birthday card to someone or a letter and i get near the end being completely careful then i accidently go over the writing with my left hand ruining the card.

You can train yourself to be ambidexterous.

Just do everything you;d normally do with your dominat hand with the other hand. Like everyday things.

Opening doors, using a mouse on computers, just little things.

I tried but kept forgetting.

I use my right hand for my mouse generally. I also eat right handed, it just seems to be my writing that is left. Not a clue why.

Im righty but I know plenty who are lefty... and we can add Magic Buttons to that list now, too. Didnt know you were a lefty til there now.

Also... off topic... but whats the sale gonna be like...? (Could get the lass to buy herself somethin!) And where do you work again? Cos I had a gander in some shops last night but never noticed you so I hope its not Faith or Qube! :heh:

Barratts.... (i.e the crap shop) .. and i wasnt working last night - was working 12-4..

the sale has started - well not the proper summer sale ( thats in a couple of weeks where you can get like loads off shoes)..

.. they have GORGEOUS handbags ( i got myself a silver one) that was reduced

.. and lovely shoes for the summer

you should come in tomorrow and rescue me - im working wiht a complete idiot who i hate

That's so unfair. :(

i used to use a fountain pen at school but it destroyed my work so i just use ball points now anyway. :D

I hate it when i use a nice pen to write a birthday card to someone or a letter and i get near the end being completely careful then i accidently go over the writing with my left hand ruining the card.

oo thats annoying - i do that all the time..

i love writing with ink pens tho due to the smuding im normally stuck with ballpoints (plus side - normally cheaper)

I'll see if I can persuade the lass to drop in again tomorrow - last night she was saying that she wouldnt mind some dressy shoes... or something - I wasnt really listening at that point. She meant outta Faith though cos we were dandering around that part of the Fairhill at that bit. :heh:

And wasnt the caper with the Parker pen cos you lefties would only trail your hand through what you wrote and smudge it everywhere? Typical stupid left-handed weirdos. :nono:

I'll see if I can persuade the lass to drop in again tomorrow - last night she was saying that she wouldnt mind some dressy shoes... or something - I wasnt really listening at that point. She meant outta Faith though cos we were dandering around that part of the Fairhill at that bit. :heh:

And wasnt the caper with the Parker pen cos you lefties would only trail your hand through what you wrote and smudge it everywhere? Typical stupid left-handed weirdos. :nono:

:shakehead i cannot believe you said that..

.. for that i hope / nando / beats you at whatever you play him this week

and to stay on topic - the guy who im wokring with tomorrow (1-6 :weep:) is also left handed

Hey I was joking. Lefties are ok... well that tart Nadal is a pain. :mad:

Did Gregorious tell you about the other night at his joint? He's flukey at Wii Sports Tennis, kinda flukey at Golf... and poor poor poor at Bowling. :heh: Bit of a let down really! Thats what he gets for being a righty and / nando's_girly / being a lefty - its just messing him up! The two types shouldnt be mixed! :heh:

Hey I was joking. Lefties are ok... well that tart Nadal is a pain. :mad:

Did Gregorious tell you about the other night at his joint? He's flukey at Wii Sports Tennis, kinda flukey at Golf... and poor poor poor at Bowling. :heh: Bit of a let down really! Thats what he gets for being a righty and / nando's_girly / being a lefty - its just messing him up! The two types shouldnt be mixed! :heh:

i dont think he played much at bowling before ( i did really well once - got lik5 strikes in a row once :o)..and i dont even have a wii!

u know what they say - opposites attract

I write right handed, albeit terribly and I had writing lessons that didn't really do any good when I was younger. Nevertheless, I'm a bit ambidextrous with some things- and for other activities I use my left hand instinctively. I'm still a righty for the most part though.

All the cool kids are ambidexterous :D

I'm naturally right handed, when I broke my wrist a few years back I learned to write lefty. When playing stuff like Tennis, Badminton I can comfortably play either way. When doing something like Cricket, Baseball I bowl right and bat left. When doing ten pin bowling I play lefty.

Left over here!

I use the mouse on my right hand now for a lot of times mainly because its always there for other people, so I just keep it there. Also if there's a wire, it usually gets short so its hard moving mouse :/

Can't write with my right, looks like a 3 year old drawing a picture :(

Guest Stefkov

I'm right handed and right footed. I do know someone who is right handed yet left footed. When he plays football he used his left foot more.

Dunno if that's still the case now.

I'm left handed, but right footed although I can hit with my left, and volley better on my left :)

I'm the opposite: I'm right handed, but I'm left footed, although I can play with my right (not as powerful or accurate though). I'm much better at volleying with my left.

Lefties rule! Especially for playing cricket.

Like most lefties, I'm partly ambidextrous. I write/bat/hold a tennis racket/etc with my left hand but my right arm is stronger and I use my right hand to throw. And I play guitar with my right hand (not that I actually play guitar).