Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tah very much.

My boyfriend lives in Australia and is 5 years older than me (which, when I'm 19 seems to be more like 50 years for my parents...). So yeah... it can be hard. But he's worth it... I'm a standup comedian and I do gigs... but HE'S the funniest person in our house and I just think he can laugh me into bed.

He bought me a ticket to Australia in August/September before uni and I'm saving up to pay him back... it'll will have been a FULL YEAR since I last saw him in August.

Ah, good luck with that! Long distance relationships like that are not easy at all heh. I was in one with my ex (living in the States) for almost 4 years I think. Hope it works out for you. =)

Ah, good luck with that! Long distance relationships like that are not easy at all heh. I was in one with my ex (living in the States) for almost 4 years I think. Hope it works out for you. =)

Aren't you technically still in one...?

I hope so! It's time like these when I start to feel nervous, haha *nervous laughter, sweaty palms, hiccups*

What she means is that the relationship with her ex was an uber long distance one. Whereas as ours is still technically a long distance relationship, we meet up more frequently. We see each other on average about once every six or seven weeks. Which, compared to once a year, is a blessing considering.

Awesome work, Spune. I almost typed your name as Spunk then, oh dear. :(

Fuck... I de-cherried a girl last night. My first such case. Not pleasant!

:(

Haha. Do tell. Not pleasant?

Aren't you technically still in one...?

I am, but the distance is a whole lot less. =P

Big difference between seeing someone twice per year, or about every two months heh. Still not often enough, but it's a step in the right direction haha.

Two months does make the heart grow fonder. I quite like the distance myself and Tom have, we both are able to work (myself with University as I'll be third year in september) and him with his job, even if he lived 5 minutes away I'd still only see him every two weeks.

Once a year would be too much for me, but if it works for you both, then why not!

Oxigen: Were you drunk..?

Random question which spawned from a recent conversation with a friend; do you think asexual sex workers exist?

It was a theoretical idea I had. It could happen in my opinion. If someone doesn't hold sex in the same regards as most people (be it either an act of love or something to fulfill personal satisfaction) do you think they would be more willing to do it/less concerned about the social stigma attached to sex work?

We did some quick research on the topic but found nothing but I thought I'd raise it here, see what others think about it. If anything.

I really want to get my parents in a room and come out of the closet to them, have them buy it as genuine and then after they accept it and smile with me tell them it was just a joke. I'm that kind of son.

Random question which spawned from a recent conversation with a friend; do you think asexual sex workers exist?

It was a theoretical idea I had. It could happen in my opinion. If someone doesn't hold sex in the same regards as most people (be it either an act of love or something to fulfill personal satisfaction) do you think they would be more willing to do it/less concerned about the social stigma attached to sex work?

We did some quick research on the topic but found nothing but I thought I'd raise it here, see what others think about it. If anything.

From what I gathered from reading up on asexuality ages ago, most people who are asexual actually really don't like sex at all. A lot of them said they felt queasy just thinking about it. Asexual people don't really feel the need for sex/don't want sex, so in a way I doubt there would be many of them as sex workers. Might be some of course, there's always exceptions.

From what I gathered from reading up on asexuality ages ago, most people who are asexual actually really don't like sex at all. A lot of them said they felt queasy just thinking about it. Asexual people don't really feel the need for sex/don't want sex, so in a way I doubt there would be many of them as sex workers. Might be some of course, there's always exceptions.

Hmm I believe there are different 'types', as it were, of asexuals. Some which, as you say, are repulsed and others who are just apathetic towards it. So kind of like people who are secular and people who are atheists (kind of...one is more about general non-interest in religion, another is more about the rejection of).

Obviously its the later (apathetic) we were discussing.

But I do doubt they really exist, or at least there's many, but it kind of makes a logical sense...in my head.

I'm not sure if this is a rude question or not, but just feel free to not answer it..

I'm sure you mentioned you were thinking you might be asexual, but you then met Jim? Did you change your mind? Or am I thinking of somebody else.

I'm sure you and Coolness had a conversation about it on here somewhere.

Hmm I believe there are different 'types', as it were, of asexuals. Some which, as you say, are repulsed and others who are just apathetic towards it. So kind of like people who are secular and people who are atheists (kind of...one is more about general non-interest in religion, another is more about the rejection of).

Obviously its the later (apathetic) we were discussing.

But I do doubt they really exist, or at least there's many, but it kind of makes a logical sense...in my head.

Yeah I know there's different types, though I doubt if there are any of them doing sex work, that they would be doing it -because- of their asexuality. I think to be doing that kind of work you have to detach yourself from it anyway, whether you are asexual, homosexual or heterosexual.

I'm not sure if this is a rude question or not, but just feel free to not answer it..

I'm sure you mentioned you were thinking you might be asexual, but you then met Jim? Did you change your mind? Or am I thinking of somebody else.

I'm sure you and Coolness had a conversation about it on here somewhere.

That was me yes!

To be honest I still don't know what I am; it's not like Jim suddenly made me realise I'm not asexual or something. =P

I could easily go my entire life without sex, as long as I get affection (huuuuugs!). But I don't know whether that is related to my sexuality or some other issues I have. Though to be honest at the moment I don't really care about my sexuality much heh.

I really want to get my parents in a room and come out of the closet to them, have them buy it as genuine and then after they accept it and smile with me tell them it was just a joke. I'm that kind of son.

Do it, I dare you.

Make sure you record it too, for both reactions. The coming out reaction and the ''NOT REALLY'' one :laughing:

That was me yes!

To be honest I still don't know what I am; it's not like Jim suddenly made me realise I'm not asexual or something. =P

I could easily go my entire life without sex, as long as I get affection (huuuuugs!). But I don't know whether that is related to my sexuality or some other issues I have. Though to be honest at the moment I don't really care about my sexuality much heh.

Ah that makes sense, although a conversation today perfectly explains a lot of womens sex drive

Friend 1 ''Yeah if they decided to withhold sex a man would go 'NOOOOO'''

Friend 2 ''Yes and if my I say to my girlfriend 'I'm withholding sex' she laughs''

it perfectly explains it, haha, made me giggle a lot too.

I think I'm the same, it's the affection that appeals to me. I too am not sure if it is some personality thing or not but from experience I've found that while many put forward a tough outer image many also just want this affection. Some guys who would make straight people look gay, and could be considered rather intimidating, just want a cuddle at the end of the day.

Yes but Eenuh is dating Jim so she's questioning her sexuality in relation to a woman.

-if anyone saw pre-edit I wasn't paying attention when I posted-

Haha you've turned so mean in the last week or so. Sure you Jim isn't the only woman around? ;)

Wow....Australia is far. I understand long distance relationships very little. Must be hard.

Sometimes it is, and actually since we've got a date for my trip it's got harder just because we miss each other. We don't have any mistrust, and we have a sort of semi-open thing going on where if it happens that one of us DOES sleep with someone else, then it's not the end of anything because we still love each other.

He's planning on living in the UK next year anyway, he's lived here before, came to Uni here and he visits a lot, just not since i started dating him :P.

Ah I see, I'd love to see your stand up sometime. What kind of things do you do? I'm more into dark comedy myself, the stuff which makes you think "Should I be laughing at this?".

Wow, that's some distance. Where abouts in Aus is he?

Well my comedy is an odd mixture. I dunno really if I have a "style" yet. Someone said it was like Jack Dee meets Russell Howard meets Stewart Lee... which doesn't really make any sense :P really. I tend to play on my awkward geekiness. I mention dinosaurs, Doctor Who and hiding under peoples beds waiting for them to come into their room and scare them but them never coming... in my first 10 minutes... so yeah...

...and I worry when I only see the boy every couple of weeks.

That is amazing!

We talk on Skype almost every day and send each other stuff. TBH I quite like it in some ways, and I'm not distracted by it during my important time at art college.

Did they laugh?

Yes but because I told them in a funny way. I'm not really camp at all, and my comedy, I doubt I'd ever been described as " a gay comedian " so I think it must have shocked a few people.

Thanks. :)

Awesome work, Spune. I almost typed your name as Spunk then, oh dear. :(

I've been writing a short horror story featuring a ghoulish character called "The Waker" who wakes the dead. I sent the short story to a friend and they sent an email back saying "I'm not sure 'The Wanker' is a particularly scary name for your villain."

Damn Spune, that is a long distance relationship. But you seem to be handling it well so all the best with it :)

Haha you've turned so mean in the last week or so. Sure you Jim isn't the only woman around? ;)

Jim knows I love him like a brother from another mother from another ethnicity really.

I think I'm the same, it's the affection that appeals to me. I too am not sure if it is some personality thing or not but from experience I've found that while many put forward a tough outer image many also just want this affection. Some guys who would make straight people look gay, and could be considered rather intimidating, just want a cuddle at the end of the day.

Cuddles are the best!

And to clarify things, I don't mean I hate sex and don't want it, I meant that if I ended up living alone, I'd miss affection more than I would miss sex.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!