Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Yeah but it also works the other way around with the age old: man sleeping with lots of women = awesome!

Woman sleeping with lots of men = slut!

I, for one, think both a sluts.

I quick read over the last two pages has made me realise that most people don't know what a feminist is. Indeed, most people on this forum (hopefully all) are feminists and don't even know it - a feminist is someone who thinks women should be treated equally to men. For example, I'm a feminist, and I hope you are too.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, for one, think both a sluts.

I quick read over the last two pages has made me realise that most people don't know what a feminist is. Indeed, most people on this forum (hopefully all) are feminists and don't even know it - a feminist is someone who thinks women should be treated equally to men. For example, I'm a feminist, and I hope you are too.

1) personally I think neither are.

2) I wouldn't call my self a feminist. One because I think that although we should have equal rights, I think it's getting far too PC and that there are still different gender roles. And two, because feminism has connotations that are far stronger than the definition, and I don't agree with that.

1) personally I think neither are.

2) I wouldn't call my self a feminist. One because I think that although we should have equal rights, I think it's getting far too PC and that there are still different gender roles. And two, because feminism has connotations that are far stronger than the definition, and I don't agree with that.

Do you think people should stick to these gender roles you talk about?

Well there are lots of gender roles/stereotypes so I can't say yes or no. I've sen your posts recently about girls doing boy things and boys doing girl things and I agree with you that people shouldn't be persecuted for being how they are. But I don't think that we should just ignore typical gender roles. Like in the family for example, I know there are circumstances that can't be helped, but I feel that there should be a father figure and a mother figure. And I don't agree with gay couples having children.

well gender roles are not set in stone, but they do have a gentic basis, remeber the case of dr money i posted a few week ago?

to say that gender is concrete is wrong but then in broad strokes, there are assumptions we could make about people based on gender that would fit the majority of the time.

Gender roles aren't set in stone, but I agree with Moogle when he says they tend to be typical. No harm in going with what's instinct if you aren't against it.

On the other hand, you wouldn't persecute a mother for wanting to be the breadwinner. Or a father wanting to have a more care based role with a family. But at least that family would have both a mother and a father in their life, with a little role reversal.

Not forgetting that, on occasion, a mother or father is lost, and the remaining parent has to be both a mother and a father to the child(ren).

I personally don't believe in same sex couples having children. Its not for me and I'd rather have children naturally. Not to say I hate on same sex couples.

I see. I agree with most of you. There are of course natural gender roles, but one shouldn't be persecuted for wanting to act differently.

The debate about same sex couples having children is quite interesting. Moogle's argumentation seems better than Raining's, logically speaking. May I ask: Are you against it because you're against adoption or artificial insemination?

I personally don't believe in same sex couples having children. Its not for me and I'd rather have children naturally. Not to say I hate on same sex couples.

What do you mean by 'having' children?

Surely a same sex couple would be vastly preferable to having a child bounce round foster care?

The argument for having to have a male and female roll model is completely benign. What about single parents? I know plenty of people who were raised by a single parent, like me, who have turned out fine if not stronger for it.

I see. I agree with most of you. There are of course natural gender roles, but one shouldn't be persecuted for wanting to act differently.

The debate about same sex couples having children is quite interesting. Moogle's argumentation seems better than Raining's, logically speaking. May I ask: Are you against it because you're against adoption or artificial insemination?

I'm all for adoption. I'm more against artificial insemination. I think that if you are unable to have your own children, then why not adopt one of the thousands of babies/children that are unfortunate enough to not have loving parents.

I'm all for adoption. I'm more against artificial insemination. I think that if you are unable to have your own children, then why not adopt one of the thousands of babies/children that are unfortunate enough to not have loving parents.

Because there's always that urge to pass on your genes, to have a child of your own blood. It's only natural I think.

For me though, at the moment I think I'd rather adopt a child than have one of my own, but that's because I really don't want to be pregnant and give birth. Plus I'd rather save a child and give it a nice future than brining another child into this world (which in my opinion isn't always all that great to live in).

But then again I'm not even sure I ever want children, haha. Little buggers. =P

I agree. Adoption should be the first option considered for couples who can't concieve in my opinion. At least they're doing something nice for the world.

Same sex couples should definitely be afforded the same opportunites to adopt as well.

Passing on your genes is a silly egotistical trait. Its nonsence really. A child is more than DNA, it is a human being and the way you bring them up is what matters.

A furry is something the mentally unstable find attractive.

It's basically an anthropomorphic animal. A female fox with a human-shaped hairstyle on the head and is armed with a human-shaped bosom. They're also not always nekkid. I'd post a picture but I don't want anything like that on my PC, tbh.

Think Jessica Rabbit, because furry fetishists won't. They find her surname misleading.

Indeed, I agree. My question was more aimed Raining.

I must say, though, that I believe same sex couples should have the same right to adopt etc. as other couples. I don't see why homosexuals can't be mother and father figures. Agreed, gays aren't exactly always masculine, and lesbians aren't necessarily feminine, either - but that goes for a lot of heterosexuals, too. I find that there are other parents out there far less qualified for bringing up children - sexuality is really one of the lesser problems in some children families.

On a different note: What's with the furry hating? :confused:

So you're saying it's okay for a gay couple to raise children, if they adopt? (I'm just unsure of what you are saying, that's all. :))

If I end up in a long-term relationship with a guy, rather than a girl, then I definitely would want to look at adopting at some point. I love kids, and I don't care if it's biologically mine or not, I'd just love to be able to have the oppurtinity to raise one and I don't think being in a same-sex relationship should stop that.

So you're saying it's okay for a gay couple to raise children, if they adopt? (I'm just unsure of what you are saying, that's all. :))

If I end up in a long-term relationship with a guy, rather than a girl, then I definitely would want to look at adopting at some point. I love kids, and I don't care if it's biologically mine or not, I'd just love to be able to have the oppurtinity ro raise one and I don't think being in a same-sex relationship should stop that.

Indeed I am. I think gay couples can be as great parents as any heterosexual couple. :)

If I end up in a long-term relationship with a guy, rather than a girl, then I definitely would want to look at adopting at some point. I love kids, and I don't care if it's biologically mine or not, I'd just love to be able to have the oppurtinity to raise one and I don't think being in a same-sex relationship should stop that.

Well I'm not entirely sure of my own views but yes I'd say that's pretty much it. I don't agree with IVF for lesbians or surrogate mothers for gays etc.

I'm personally totally fine with gay or lesbian couples having their own biological kids via IVF or surrogate mothers or what have you. I think if the choice is available they are as entitled to have their own biological children as any heterosexual couple.

I'm personally totally fine with gay or lesbian couples having their own biological kids via IVF or surrogate mothers or what have you. I think if the choice is available they are as entitled to have their own biological children as any heterosexual couple.

I kind of agree. I mean, otherwise it's basically saying straight couples should have more rights...just because. If straight couples can use surrogate mothers and such, then surely gay couples have just as much right to do so.

What's a furry?

Somebody who wants to believe they have an alternate fursona (I hate that word) and essentially assume the role of an anthropomorphic creature of their choosing. So I could pretend to be a fox. Or a lion. Or whatever the hell you associate with. This is the basics behind it, but ultimately many find this shit fucking attractive, and get together in conventions to hug and have homosexual orgies (yeah, only ones I know are gay guys). Doesn't necessarily have to involve fursuiting, but can, most often they own a lot of plushies and such.

Oh, and they tend to love all that fantastic furry art that's on the internet. You know, like giraffes taking a shit on a skunk's chest while he eats out a squirrel. That kind of shit.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!