Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it quite funny the majority of the time, rather than crossing the line.

Maybe I should take things alittle more seriously, but after all the extreme mods and lifestyles on iam/modblog/bmezine, it doesn't shock me too much the things people go for, for sexual pleasure.

Well not anymore anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm gonna Phoenix Down this thread a little!

Was chatting to Bluey about Pushing Daisies and for those who haven't watched it, the main characters are a couple who can't ever touch because if they do the girl will die. It got me thinking about whether people could realistically live like this.

Could you have a completely contactless relationship? One that is entirely emotional and not physical?

A while ago I maybe thought I could but now... no. I don't think so. Human physical contact means so much to me but I wonder if other people could manage it. Maybe people like Eenuh or Coolness...

Was chatting to Bluey about Pushing Daisies and for those who haven't watched it, the main characters are a couple who can't ever touch because if they do the girl will die. It got me thinking about whether people could realistically live like this.

Could you have a completely contactless relationship? One that is entirely emotional and not physical?

A while ago I maybe thought I could but now... no. I don't think so. Human physical contact means so much to me but I wonder if other people could manage it. Maybe people like Eenuh or Coolness...

That lass paragraph...are you saying you could have contactless sex with Eenuh or Coolness? :p

Anyway. Anne Freil has said that the Ned/Chuck relationship reminds her of her grandparents, who had a pretty 'Brief Encounter' (anyone whose seen the film will know) relationship; no real contact for the first two years. So it was possible then...now, perhaps. Depends where you are in your life. If you're young (teens-mid-20s) it would be seen as weird. But if there was reason...its kinda sweet. Managable though? I'm not so sure.

I reckon they could have sex.

Double or triple condom, lots of rubber sheets or stuff....etc.

Still probably not a good idea, but I reckon they could.

They would need full body condoms because if any flesh touched thats it, over. And lets face it, sex isn't a careful time. I think sex would ruin it. And presumably Chuck is a virgin.

Guest bluey

you already know my answer :heh: but no!! i'm doing fine with the relationshippy type thing we got going on right now, but i just couldnt cope with you being *in range* and not being able to make contact O__o and its not just the lack of sex - it's the hugs and the high-fives! :yay:

Eh, I think I could go without sex and other sexual stuff, but I need my hugs to be happy. Hugs and holding hands and just being close to each other. If I can't have that, then nope, won't work.

And what a weird thing for a show. So if she gets touched at all, she dies? Even through an accidental touch? And only by that guy? O.o

Oh it's a fantastic show Eenuh, I think it's something that you'd really enjoy from what I know about you. The characters are fantastic and if you watch it, you'll understand how wondeful yet simultaneously heart-breaking their situation is.

When they want to hold each others hand they hold their own behind their backs.

Eh, I think I could go without sex and other sexual stuff, but I need my hugs to be happy. Hugs and holding hands and just being close to each other. If I can't have that, then nope, won't work.

I'm exactly the same. :)

Jamba I could go with out sex but I would need hugs and the like and general closeness with that person.

Also i watched episode 1 of Pushing Daisies and thought it was great. :D

Don't think Pushing Daisies is being shown around here (yet), so can't watch it. Sounds kinda weird though. But if it ever gets shown here I'll try to watch it.

It is abit strange, but it's a good thing to watch, even my mum likes it :awesome:!

Cant live like that, its impossible.

Not only do I live like that, I enjoy it.

This pretty much sums my views up:

"Every form of happiness is private. Our greatest memories are personal, self-motivated, not to be touched. The things which are sacred or precious to us are the things we withdraw from promiscuous sharing. "

I concede that I may not be normal though.

Guest bluey
Not only do I live like that, I enjoy it.

This pretty much sums my views up:

"Every form of happiness is private. Our greatest memories are personal, self-motivated, not to be touched. The things which are sacred or precious to us are the things we withdraw from promiscuous sharing. "

I concede that I may not be normal though.

you're fiiine... you just havent been hugged right yet! ^_^

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!