N-Europe

Hehe, I'm the same sometimes. I dug some more info up on the video since I became obsessed with the beefy soldier at the start of the clip. Yes, I'm strange. Found him out to be Aaron Melcher, a married (to a women, damn) 24-year-old soldier who seems to have become somewhat of a reluctant celebrity.

"Contacted last night, Melcher declined to answer questions. The video, he noted, was intended to be for "a couple of our friends and family and you can see that it has blown up way more than that...nobody in the video would like any further media coverage."

Link

When he first uploaded "Telephone: The Afghanistan Re-make," Melcher told Facebook friends to "feel free to share it with the world." He added, "it's the hotness."

Edit : Anyway this is all off topic now, lets get back to the much more important topic of finding Fresh a man. Hummmmmmm.

Edited by Fresh

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know. I honestly, for the life of me, can't turn social theory off. I see it everywhere. :heh:

And that part of my brain was nagging me and I needed to type it out.

Edit: Rising Tory star Philippa Stroud ran prayer sessions to 'cure' gay people

Amazingly moronic.

This just makes me volcanically angry. More so that I know for a fact that a lot of the people working for Tory PR and their campaign are actually gay and endorse this party. What the shitting fuck?!

Fresh I find someone just for you

Me and ReZ would be a N-Europe power couple.

In a more realistic topic just.... just when you think you find a sweet, handsome, intelligent and wonderful man he ends up to be the type of guy who goes on threesome holidays. My head is seriously confused.

Well, they're not called conservative for no reason.

I do love those 'Vote for Change. Vote Conservative' posters... :indeed:

It's probably just my personal bias, but I honestly can't see how any reasonably intelligent person who has thought things through could vote of a party which is regressive. Most people actually know the "good old days" were actually shite.

http://coilhouse.net/2010/05/save-the-life-of-kiana-firouz/

Kiana Firouz, 27 years old, is an outspoken Iranian LGBT rights activist, filmmaker, and actress. When clips of her video documentary work featuring the struggle and persecution of gays and lesbians in her country were acquired by Iranian intelligence, agents began to follow Firouz around Tehran, harassing and intimidating her. She fled for England where she could safely continue her work and studies.

[...]

Much to everyone’s shock and dismay, the British Home Office has rejected her application for refugee status. Yes, they know she’s gay. Yes, they know she could be deported back to Iran at any time, and that if this happens, Firouz will most likely be sentenced to torture and death after being found guilty of the “unspeakable sin of homosexuality” because she has participated in explicit lesbian sex scenes in the movie, and been a fierce proponent for human rights in her country.

kiana.jpg

Edited by chairdriver

Stumbled upon a letter on Twitter (although have just realised its ten years old) but still, rousing stuff. Written by the mother of a gay son in Vermont.

In high school, while your children were doing what kids that age should be doing, mine labored over a suicide note, drafting and redrafting it to be sure his family knew how much he loved them. My sobbing 17-year-old tore the heart out of me as he choked out that he just couldn't bear to continue living any longer, that he didn't want to be gay and that he couldn't face a life without dignity.

If you want to tout your own morality, you'd best come up with something more substantive than your heterosexuality. You did nothing to earn it; it was given to you. If you disagree, I would be interested in hearing your story, because my own heterosexuality was a blessing I received with no effort whatsoever on my part. It is so woven into the very soul of me that nothing could ever change it. For those of you who reduce sexual orientation to a simple choice, a character issue, a bad habit or something that can be changed by a 10-step program, I'm puzzled. Are you saying that your own sexual orientation is nothing more than something you have chosen, that you could change it at will? If that's not the case, then why would you suggest that someone else can?

You use religion to abdicate your responsibility to be thinking human beings. There are vast numbers of religious people who find your attitudes repugnant. God is not for the privileged majority, and God knows my son has committed no sin.

Full letter

Stumbled upon a letter on Twitter (although have just realised its ten years old) but still, rousing stuff. Written by the mother of a gay son in Vermont.

In high school, while your children were doing what kids that age should be doing, mine labored over a suicide note, drafting and redrafting it to be sure his family knew how much he loved them. My sobbing 17-year-old tore the heart out of me as he choked out that he just couldn't bear to continue living any longer, that he didn't want to be gay and that he couldn't face a life without dignity.

If you want to tout your own morality, you'd best come up with something more substantive than your heterosexuality. You did nothing to earn it; it was given to you. If you disagree, I would be interested in hearing your story, because my own heterosexuality was a blessing I received with no effort whatsoever on my part. It is so woven into the very soul of me that nothing could ever change it. For those of you who reduce sexual orientation to a simple choice, a character issue, a bad habit or something that can be changed by a 10-step program, I'm puzzled. Are you saying that your own sexual orientation is nothing more than something you have chosen, that you could change it at will? If that's not the case, then why would you suggest that someone else can?

You use religion to abdicate your responsibility to be thinking human beings. There are vast numbers of religious people who find your attitudes repugnant. God is not for the privileged majority, and God knows my son has committed no sin.

Full letter