N-Europe

i feel like a dick

mike-zim

I have just broken the brand new copier scanner and printer combo. I was just following the instructions and a little plastic clip snaped off. Now the fucking thing wont work.

I have told the boss and she wasn't too bad about it. but i still feel like a dick. i really am not feeling great.

Anyway any thing similar ever happened to anyone else? I dont expect to see any of the staff member own up to anything though.

Eh, at one of my summer jobs a couple of years ago, the job is to put whatever fruit or vegetable they put in front of you on those cardboard scales so they can be wrapped in plastic. Was my first week and we were supposed to pack apples. What I didn't know was that there were different kinds of apples and that they needed to be packed with two from each kind (so four apples from two different kinds)... Suddenly we'd run out of one kind and that's when I figured I was doing things wrong (no one told me D: ). No one said anything; they just went to get more apples so we could continue... >.>;

I worked in a busy pub/nightclub - I was a pretty senior member of staff at the time - one day we were packed to the rafters (local sports team had won a big game) and I was seriously trying to keep the bars stocked with change for the tills, beer/spirits, glasses et all.

We had a new glasswasher installed the previous day and as i was taking a tray of about 36 pint glasses out of it with wet hands and i let it drop - gashed my hands to bits, broken glass everywhere and left with a sever red face due to the almighty jeer that went up from the 200 strong crowd in the bar

:blush:

on my first day in my current job I accidentally deleted all the emails in the inbox, assuming that it was my personal email. It was actually the email for the whole office.

I didn't own up, I was too embarassed, but I think they know it was me. That was nearly a year ago though, so it doesn't matter.

Mate, you should be proud of yourself for owning up. The company overall we think your an honest person from now on...stuff like that happens all the time, it can be easily done.

Just think to yourself you did the right thing for owning up and you didn't mean to break it, who cares what anyone else thinks. : peace:

In a pub once and pulled that thing in the disabled toilet that sets some sort of alarm off >_>. It's bad to worry about things like this too much though, they often have no bearing on your life other than slight embarassment.

I've never done anything 'major' at work like that although I'm always making a prat of myself.

Done it three times today alone;

Went to Natwest rather than Post Office to do the banking because we switched on Friday and the manager whose store I was covering left it all in an envelope and I just presumed the banking was for Saturday/Sunday but it wasn't so Natwest sent me on my way.

Went running around the stock room trying to find my phone which I had placed on some shelves (ie the same colour) upstairs.

Came downstairs at end of day and did all the paperworky stuff and went to leave and was like "Where's the keys?" so I sent someone upstairs to get them and it turns out they were in my bag.

I broke my scanner/printer combo. Well it wasn't all my fault. For some reason it kept saying that the lid was up so it couldn't print, when it clearly was down. After inspection I find a button it should be pressing when it's down so the machine know it's down blah blah. So I superglue it down. When it comes to change the ink cartridge I can't because it needed to know when the lid was up so it would move the cartridge into optimum positioning.

Ah well.