Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Random Wikipedia Articles - The Game!

Blackfox

Shamelessly stolen off another forum... time to play The Random Wikipedia Articles Game!!

The object is to get onto our very own favourite homework/coursework site.. Wikpedia! And click Random Article, or just press Alt+X. Then post a bit about the first random page you get.

Rules: Has to be first article. One one entry per 24 hours.

Educational, yet pointless. Go go!

Guest Stefkov

Redwood Mountain Grove is the largest grove of Giant Sequoias on earth. It is located in Kings Canyon National Park and Sequoia National Forest, in California's Sierra Nevada Mountains.

Only sentence that came up...interesting.

I love Wikipedia.

East Belfast F.C. are a Northern Irish football club playing in the NAFL Division 1A of the Northern Amateur Football league.

I would post a link but that really is the only sentence in it.

Jesus (1999) is a made-for-television Biblical film that retells the story of Jesus of Nazareth.

It stars Jeremy Sisto as Jesus, Jacqueline Bisset as Mary of Nazareth, Debra Messing as Mary Magdalene and Gary Oldman as Pontius Pilate.

The film is notable for presenting a more human Jesus, compared to more solemn portrayals in earlier films; here Jesus laughs and cries much like anyone else. Among other things, he weeps at Joseph's funeral, throws stones in Lake Galilee when meeting Simon Peter and James son of Zebedee for the first time, dances at the wedding at Cana, and starts a water-splashing fight with his disciples at a well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_(1999_film)

A Big Hairy Object (BHO) is a slang term used to describe an object in software programming that has so many properties and methods that it performs the bulk of system processes all on its own. Unlike a God object, a BHO would have, at its extreme, a million properties and methods with no structure, and altogether several million lines of code, whereas a God object in its extreme would have several million lines of code tucked into a single lonely Main function.

Someone called me a big hairy object once.

Miss Teen USA

Miss Teen USA is a beauty pageant run by the Miss Universe Organization for girls aged 15-19. The reigning titleholder is Katie Blair of Montana

The pageant was first held in 1983 and has been broadcast live on a succession of channels, most recently on NBC from 2003-2007. In March 2007 it was announced that the broadcast of the Miss Teen USA pageant on NBC had not been renewed, and that Miss Teen USA 2007 would be the final televised event.

Servotron 9000 was one of five singles Servotron released in 1996. The sleeve reads "Foolish Human: Play at 45 RPM". The insert resembles a Business Reply Mail card but reads "Assimilation Reply Mail" and states "No Postage Necessary If Mailed in the SRA Territory". The options on the back read:

Yes! Pease register me for assimilation into the robot horde. I understand that my humanity will be destroyed, and that resistance is useless.

No, I prefer the futility of the human infestation, and will perish with misery at the hands of the SRA for my inferior logic.

Kill me later.

The record label reads:

A gas of peculiar odor like that of bitter almonds. It is soluble in water, alcohol and ether and is exceedingly poisonous. Explosions are apt to occur if kept in closed containers because of the generation of gas caused by the exothermic polymerization and decomposition of the liquid. Cyanide causes hypoxia, loss of consciousness, and muscular paralysis, which lead to respiratory and cardiac failure. Forced orally upon human scum by order of the Servotron Robot Allegiance.

Brilliant. I couldn't really have reworded that. Does any know this band?

I was bored and came up with something to do on wikipedia, which me and my friend called Wikilinks, you click random article, take note of the title, then random article again, then the aim is to get back to the first page using only the links in the articles, in as little clicks as possible. I was quite bored as I said, and procrastinating.

Arpa Ke'un

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Arpa Ke'un (d. 1336) was an Ilkhan (1335-1336) during the disintegration of the Mongol state in Persia. He was a member of the house of Tolui.

Arpa Ke'un came to power following the death of the Ilkhan Abu Sa'id in 1335. Almost immediately he had to deal with an invasion by Ozbek Khan of the Golden Horde. He defeated the invasion, and furthermore used it as a pretext for executing Abu Sa'id's widow Bagdad Katun in an effort to cement his power. He afterward married Sati Beg, Abu Sa'id's sister and widow of Coban. In 1336, he faced attack from the governor of Baghdad, 'Ali Padsah. The latter defeated him near Maraga on April 10, and soon after Arpa was captured and killed. He was succeeded as Ilkhan by the puppet Musa...

Is anyone stupid enough to use a site so full of bollocks as wikipedia to research for homework and coursework?

Wikipedia is very good for getting pictures off, especially anatomy pictures. I use them for revision and work, its also pretty good to get sources for your work off too. As for the content, depends what your looking at, most of the sciency stuff is pretty factual.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ailesbury_Road

Ailesbury Road (Bóthar Ailesbury in Irish), Dublin 4, Ireland, is a tree-lined avenue linking Sydney Parade Station on Sydney Parade Avenue and the Church of the Sacred Heart, Donnybrook.

Many embassies and diplomatic residences are located here, including the beautiful residence of the French Ambassador.

The Japanese embassy was there, adjacent to the People's Republic of China embassy, before relocating to the nearby Merrion Centre.

From Ailesbury Road, Shrewsbury Road forms the link to the Merrion Road, though Ailesbury Road proper intersects Merrion Road near its eastern end.

Ailesbury Road is the second-most expensive property on the Irish Monopoly board, being one of the two "purple" property squares.

The clone of Bruce Lee is one of the most notorious clone in the world. It gathers together several of the Lee clones who sprang up after Bruce Lee's death (including Bruce Le and Dragon Lee), and ties it all together with an insane plot. It has been called "The Mount Rushmore of Bruceploitation films".

o_O

The Gregory Walker or passamezzo moderno (modern half step, also quadran, quadrant, quadro pavan) was "one of the most popular harmonic formulae in the Renaissance period, divides into two complementary strains thus:"

Yeah, then it goes on to music and things.

Nick Frankau

Nick Frankau (born 16 July 1954 in Stockport) is an English actor best known for playing the role of Flt. Lt. Carstairs in the British sitcom 'Allo 'Allo!. He no longer acts regularly and lives and works in Cambridge working as a programmer for Symbian.

Well, OK then. That's all good, I suppose. :blank:

Francisco de Paula Linares Alcántara (April 13, 1825 - November 30, 1878) was President of Venezuela (1877-1878) and a member of the Liberal Party of Venezuela, military and Venezuelan politician, president of the Republic (1877-1878), Congress gave him the title of “the Great Democratâ€

I've never heard of this fellow...

I was bored and came up with something to do on wikipedia, which me and my friend called Wikilinks, you click random article, take note of the title, then random article again, then the aim is to get back to the first page using only the links in the articles, in as little clicks as possible. I was quite bored as I said, and procrastinating.

This is much more fun. I just managed to get back from stellite to Randolph Keys. Took me ages, lost count of the clicks in the end. I thought I was doing well when I got to basketball related topics in 4 clicks or so, but sadly tracking down the elusive Randolph from there was trickier than I thought :(

EDIT: Just done Grand Street Shuttle to Irondequoit in 5 :D

Pfeiffer syndrome is a genetic disorder characterized by the premature fusion of certain bones of the skull (craniosynostosis), which prevents further growth of the skull and affects the shape of the head and face. In addition, the thumbs and big toes are broader and often shorter than normal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pfeiffer_syndrome

I don't recommend looking it up on Google Images...

Robert Nelson Cornelius Nix, Sr. (August 9, 1898[1]–June 22, 1987) was the first African American to represent Pennsylvania in the House of Representatives. The Robert N.C. Nix Federal Building in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is named in his honor.