NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Well its confirmed from a magazine scan ( its in the Umbrella Chronicles Thread ) that R Evil 4 Wii edition is indeed coming and I couldnt be happier. Now I can play through all those extras that the PS2 players got.

Confirmed is Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition. The game will take what the PS2 version had as extras and add upon it, as well as offering up Wiimote controls for knife fights. Unfortunately that is all the info we have learned at this time.

RE4 was designed for the cube. The way you grip the controller and can only shoot when still was designed for a "claustraphobic" feel according to the designers.... and I really believe this.

the Ps2 the game did not "feel" as good. I hear the PC port was not very good

I believe that the wii version wont be as good as the GC version. That said, it might have the extras not on the GC version and will probably have a demo for Umbrella chronicals.

Are you kidding? The whole mechanic of Resident Evil 4 is a perfect fit for the Wii. Consider the nunchuck setup -

Analog: Moving Leon/Ada/Ashley

A: Grab gun - use Wiimote for aiming, D-pad for sniper controls.

B: Shoot gun

D-pad down: Grab knife - use Wiimote for slashing

D-pad left: Reload ammo

D-pad right: Interact with partner

D-pad up: 180 turn

C: Run

Z: Use nunchuck swing to throw grenades

-: Inventory

+: Pause game

1: Map

Nunchuck/Wiimote shakey: Context sensitive stuff.

If anything, the Wiimote movements and tiny D-pad will make you feel more claustrophobic. This game is going to rock.

Are you kidding? The whole mechanic of Resident Evil 4 is a perfect fit for the Wii. Consider the nunchuck setup -

Analog: Moving Leon/Ada/Ashley

A: Grab gun - use Wiimote for aiming, D-pad for sniper controls.

B: Shoot gun

D-pad down: Grab knife - use Wiimote for slashing

D-pad left: Reload ammo

D-pad right: Interact with partner

D-pad up: 180 turn

C: Run

Z: Use nunchuck swing to throw grenades

-: Inventory

+: Pause game

1: Map

Nunchuck/Wiimote shakey: Context sensitive stuff.

If anything, the Wiimote movements and tiny D-pad will make you feel more claustrophobic. This game is going to rock.

agreed. I cannot wait for this. especially if it hits in May this would be awesome!

Do you think the QTEs will be more involved with the Wiimotes motion sensitivity?

Hmmmm should I sell my Resi 4 Cube now then? So I get more for it. Defintley looking forward for this now! Just need a job so I can afford all these new games!

This was from cubed 3 and pretty much goes with what H-o-T said :

Evidently deciding that this wasn’t enough news to give us, Capcom also confirmed the existence of a Wii version of Resident Evil 4. The port will include the extras from the Playstation 2 version, including Ada’s game mode Separate Ways (unlocked once the main game is beaten) and will use the Wii remote’s pointer to aim and the motion sensor to reload and use knife attacks. Classic Controller support is also alleged. Coming out in the next few months, a trailer for Umbrella Chronicles will be included.

We expect to be able to bring you more information on both of these titles around the 12th April (next week!), when Capcom is holding a Gamer’s Day for press

Unless my copy of Resi4 for GC suddenly decides it's had enough and immolates itself or something, can't say I see myself picking this up.

Holy shit! Omg it's really happening :D!

The screens look pretty cool, especially how you use the Wii-mote to dodge in the cutscenes instead of pressing A+B or L+R.

So need a wii for this and paper Mario.

Looks to be just what I was expecting really!

Though I already have the GC version, it's a nice edition to the Wii's catalogue!

Just a wierd observation, but you can see more of the chainsaw guys in this version; it's normally just two holes for the eyes!

this confirms my fears, the wii is a gamecube with a different controller :( if wii is just gonna be about repackaging old games and not about pushing things forward, im gonna strongly consider selling it...
You didn't actually expect updated graphics did you?

this confirms my fears, the wii is a gamecube with a different controller :( if wii is just gonna be about repackaging old games and not about pushing things forward, im gonna strongly consider selling it...

It doesn't confirm anything. Resident Evil 4 arrived pretty late on in the life of the Gamecube AND it was meant to be an exclusive. Many fans were pissed that the PS2 version got additional content.

I feel like a certain justice has been done. Anyone agree?

yep looking awesome.

Been thinking about it a bit more, think this is a good idea from the point of view of big Resi fans who didn't get 4 (like me, have all the others, but wasn't into games when this came out, on abit of a sabbatical you might say) but also if it comes out as a budget release a lot of the more casual gamers that have come to the console, may give it a try and then as a result buy the full priced Umbrella Chronicles when it comes out...

Since I never had Resi 4 for the GC at all,i'm happy I didn't cause then I would hae 2 versions.With the PS2 extras and hopefully good Wii controls,I can see myself getting it.I can so see me having 20+ Wii games by the end of the year now.

..actually, depending on the price of this (if it was to be £20 for instance.. though I'm guessing it won't) I would probably consider selling my GC version in order to pick up the new Wii version since I finished the 'cube version only once before my memory card corrupted and lost me Mercenaries.

I figure that maybe if I hold off and wait to play through it again with the Wii version, that would be almost like playing a different game.. and of course there are other extras aswell.

We shall see how it goes :heh:

EDIT: ..but probably only if it allows you to play with GC/Classic Control aswell as I would still like the original control method as an option!

..actually, depending on the price of this (if it was to be £20 for instance.. though I'm guessing it won't) I would probably consider selling my GC version in order to pick up the new Wii version
Yeah same,

I'd think it will probably sell for £29.99,

£19.99 would be an awesome price though and I hope it does sell for this!

Some shops had it up for $30, so that 20 pound/30 euro price tag might not be far out. I hope this one comes out before the big guns come in, those being Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Nights Wii and big brother Umbrella Chronicles. August would be really nice.

My plan: Complete RE4 on GameCube (on easy...its my first RE game), then do it in all the other difficulties on the Wii version.

The only thing I wish Capcom had done was regarding 2 and 3 (and maybe CV:X)

The first game got a lovely remake, and it benefited from it...so much. I wish they could've given 2 and 3 the same treatment. It could have been so bluddy amazing.

Screw it, as long as the game translates well onto the Wii I'm picking it up, the game was just too awesome for me to ignore this, it's like how Dabookerman loved MGS so much he got the normal ones and then the Substance/Subsistance versions too.

I'll get it if they improve the graphics even more, if the gameplay is improved with the Wiimote, there's proper wide screen. Otherwise, I'm OK with my GC version thanks..

All they have to do is add some more anti aliasing, some anisotropic filtering, and heighten the resolution of the textures, and it'd look almost as good as a low end 360 game.

Considering the Wii is basically a souped up GC, this port would take practically no time at all to port. I hope they at least put some effort in to it though.