• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

haha I can't beleive you're excited about ESOE, then say OsS is poor.

The new track is the most monumentally tedious guff cloud released in 2009. why does anyone want to hear the album after that shit?

While the lyrics weren't great, I think it's hard to argue that the track was "tedious guff". The instrumental stuff is great, and the orchestration fits brilliantly.

Gives a kiss, you!

:bowdown::bowdown: Fantastic!!!

Also, what got me into Muse were the first times I heard Plug In Baby and Bliss, probably.

I can't tell if you're taking the piss or not.:sad:

Whilst I have Muse fans attention..

In fact, anyone who's played GH3, or heard Knights of Cydonia should check this out.

I think I love it :laughing:

Thats AWESOME!!

As is the Astley Nirvana thing

In other news, been listening to Florence and the Machine's album, very impressed!

Who do people think deserve the Mercury music prize this year? Nominations:

Bat For Lashes – 'Two Suns'

Florence And The Machine – 'Lungs'

Friendly Fires – 'Friendly Fires'

Glasvegas – 'Glasvegas'

The Horrors – 'Primary Colours'

La Roux – 'La Roux'

Led Bib – 'Sensible Shoes'

The Invisible - 'The Invisible'

Lisa Hannigan – 'Sea Sew'

Kasabian – 'West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum'

Speech Debelle – 'Speech Therapy'

Sweet Billy Pilgrim – 'Twice Born Men'

Probably verge toward the first two myself

Ooh, and new Artics song tomorrow :)

Well I've only heard stuff from La Roux and Florence and the Machine but I'd got for Florence and the Machine. Lungs is a pretty damn good album. Bought it last week and enjoyed it. Thanks again Molly for posting Rabbit Hole in here a few weeks ago because I'd have never bought the album and enjoyed it if she hadn't posted.

Bat For Lashes – 'Two Suns'

Good on her! She's great, and 2 albums in a row to get nominated? She's now up there with PJ Harvey and Radiohead (IIRC). Although...Two Suns isn't AMAZING on record. Awesome live, but on CD (what we're judging), Fur & Gold is better.

Florence And The Machine – 'Lungs'

Bought the album, but waiting to get it on the pod to give it a thorough listen. Sounds great though. Dunno about Mercury winning though.

Glasvegas – 'Glasvegas'

I like this. It's interesting, their sound. Something people weren't rerally doing at the time. Mercury winning...maybe?

La Roux – 'La Roux'

Love love love love love. Not sure how deserving it is of a Mercury, I didn't anticipate it being nominated, but definitely my favourite of the albums on the list.

The others I don't know well enough.

Congrats on these guys being nominated. Shame that PJ Harvey and John Parish - A Woman A Man Walked By wasn't nominated. I think they've just stopped nominating her though, she's won once, and has been nominted like...4 times before that!

I've completely and utterly fallen in love with Shakira's "She Wolf" now. It sounds so different to normal Shakira and yet had I only just heard it, I'd know instantly it was a Shakira song. From the infectious beat to the sometimes hilarious lyrics, I love it so damn much.

Also become more and more fond of Tiga - Shoes. Such a great track, would love to hear it in a club. "What's that sound? I like that sound. I love that sound. It's the sound of my shoes"

Oh, and I finally heard Release Me when in a club in Ibiza on my final night there. I died an went to heaven for those 3 and a half minutes. It's such a freaking brilliant song to dance too. Love it to bits.

Edited by Slaggis

Anybody like Disturbed?

Disturbed - Darkness

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Disturbed - Sickened

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I've seen them live once..intense..very f*cking intense.

And wikipedia says this:

In an earlier interview, David Draiman briefly talked about the band's fifth studio album, stating that its lyrical themes will be as dark as Indestructible's, if not darker, due to a relationship break-up and other problems that were still happening in his life.

Here I thought the lyrics couldn't get any darker. Gonna be awesome.

Anybody like Disturbed?

Disturbed - Darkness

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Disturbed - Sickened

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I've seen them live once..intense..very f*cking intense.

And wikipedia says this:

Here I thought the lyrics couldn't get any darker. Gonna be awesome.

Yes, they're a great band, and Excellent live too imo! Good to hear news on the fifth album as well, can't wait to hear it.

Just been giving Demi Lovato's new album a listen, which I've been looking forward to for a while. Her live voice is amazing, and up there with Clarkson and such. I've never once seen her give a performance that was anything less than flawless vocally.

It's nice to finally hear guitar based rock-pop music from a pop-tart this year, rather than another dose of electro-pop. I love "Got Dynamite" which sounds oddly heavier (Though, I mean this when in comparison with other pop fair) to what you'd expect to hear from a 16 year old working with Disney (Not that the album is at all affiliated with them).

Got Dynamite

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

--

Why has Battlefield flopped in America? It's freaking brilliant, and yet they seem to have ignored it in favour of the utterly shit Black Eyed Pea's "I Gotta Feeling" and whatnot. Though I hate the bitch that sings it, I like her new one too which samples "Let The Music Play", called "S.O.S (Let The Music Play)".

Such a brilliant track, I'm praying it gets to number one an brings her album back into the charts. Abysmal video though, until the last minute or so at best.

Edited by Slaggis
Automerged Doublepost

Daft Punk are doing the music for Tron: Leagacy.

I love Tron. No film has put me in such a state of wonder.

I'm not sure what to say. So far this film is perfect. I don't know what to think. It'll never live up to my hype...yet Daft Punk have never let me down.

In an alternate universe I'd have killed to have heard what Danger would have done with the score to Tron Legacy.

Finally listening to some new stuff.

Whitest Boy Alive - very chilled so was nice background music but will definately need to listen again with more attention.

Florence and the Machine - it just felt good. Again, need a proper listen but a really enjoyable album.

N.E.R.D. - Little bit obsessed with them at present. Lapdance :heart: