• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Coldplay's new album: Viva La Vida

It's...definitely something a little out of their style. Less melancholy piano beats and more guitar rock rhythms. They sound like an alternative rock band to me now.

If you once thought of this band as "boring" due to their musical style, I suggest you lend an ear to this album. Listen to some previews, at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IakDItZ7f 7Q

ngbbs485f3b80b3ed3.jpg

It's certainly worth seeing them, if only for the last 20/30 minutes. You'll probably be able to pick up a ticket for one of their upcoming Manchester shows for face value, might be worth looking into.

Looks like im going to this then. Sounds baasass. Love these guys

Can anyone tell me what the name of this song is please? Heard it a few times now when I've been out. Can't remember anymore than something like "can't escape the irony". Might actually be totally differen than that, but 'irony' is definitely in it. It's a guy singing and sounds like it could be the Arctic Monkey's or something but I don't think it is....

Can anyone tell me what the name of this song is please? Heard it a few times now when I've been out. Can't remember anymore than something like "can't escape the irony". Might actually be totally differen than that, but 'irony' is definitely in it. It's a guy singing and sounds like it could be the Arctic Monkey's or something but I don't think it is....

Let's dance to joy division, let's celebrate the irony?

Bloody annoying song.

For Haggis;

Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl

The albums a good pop album, some great tracks. Seemed like the kinda thing you'd like.

Massive thanks, I love it! I just checked out "Ur So Gay" and liked that aswell. Though, the lyrics are strange. It she being blatently homophobic, or just commenting on the whole metrosexuality thing nowadays. (Or is it something completely different?)

Also, awesome last line. "And you don't even like...penis!"

Motley Crue: Saints of Los Angeles is an awesome album!

Am also going to recommend Silver Spoons and Broken Bones by The Stone Gods - it's pretty much The Darkness minus the awful screeching of Justin Hawkins. Good rock from a bygone era

Bard, you're forbidden from commenting on this post! :p

Massive thanks, I love it! I just checked out "Ur So Gay" and liked that aswell. Though, the lyrics are strange. It she being blatently homophobic, or just commenting on the whole metrosexuality thing nowadays. (Or is it something completely different?)

Also, awesome last line. "And you don't even like...penis!"

I assume it the use as an "inoffensive" insult, without actual connotations of homosexuality (though she plays on this in the song). Like "That's so gay!" as a slang term.

I knew you'd like it. :smile:

-----

Listening to one of my favourite albums, You Are Free by Cat Power. Calming/depressing/uplifting.

I've given "One Of The Boys" a complete listen a few times now thanks to Paj. I love it! Really a great pop album. Does anyone know when it's out in the UK?

I Kissed A Girl

...She has great legs too. :D

This music video does not deliver for a song called "I Kissed a Girl".

This music video does not deliver for a song called "I Kissed a Girl".

Y'know, I listened to the album while walking to school today, and I just KNEW in my head that the video wouldn't have anything vaguely lesbian in it, as it's American, and aimed at being popular.

Kinda the wroing logic, look at t.A.T.u and All The Things She Said. That worked well. (But then the Uk > USA interms of freedom of expression)

Let's dance to joy division, let's celebrate the irony?

Bloody annoying song.

I feel...insulted. I bet Joy Division do as well!

Can anybody help me out? I have some lyrics that are in my head, but for one obvious reason, I can't type these lyrics into google because they bring up another song.

It's quite a quiet song, not a loud thrashing metal...song. It's pop-rock, I think. With a male lead singer.

One of the verses goes something like "hey hey we're the monkeys...and people say we're monkeying around...do do dodo doo dooo doooo"

and I think one of the verses goes something like "so much for the" and I think the next word is summer, but I may be wrong.

Help, I need to find out what this is. :(

I feel...insulted. I bet Joy Division do as well!

Can anybody help me out? I have some lyrics that are in my head, but for one obvious reason, I can't type these lyrics into google because they bring up another song.

It's quite a quiet song, not a loud thrashing metal...song. It's pop-rock, I think. With a male lead singer.

One of the verses goes something like "hey hey we're the monkeys...and people say we're monkeying around...do do dodo doo dooo doooo"

and I think one of the verses goes something like "so much for the" and I think the next word is summer, but I may be wrong.

Help, I need to find out what this is. :(

So you don't mean The Monkeys theme tune then? (thats what comes up in lyrics search and came into my head straight away).

So you don't mean The Monkeys theme tune then? (thats what comes up in lyrics search and came into my head straight away).

Exactly why I can't search for it, because that's what comes up. It's not the monkeys theme tune. :)

It sorta sounds like the Coral, music wise anyway. Very laidback song, at least a few years old by now.

You know what that Ting Tings album is pretty good.

Nice simple catchy music. Love it. Great to dance to aswell. :)

Agreed. What are your favourite songs from it Platty? :)

Thanks to Paj for Introducing Haggis to Katy Perry as he introduced me her to last night (didn't know it had been posted here.) and told me you had reccomended her to him! :D

I love the song "I kissed a girl" and have been listening to it almost all day. :grin:

Need to get the rest of the album.