N-Europe

to be honest I hate that kind fo soloing, id much prefer to hear someone like Frusciante solo, hes got fuckin soul and hes an amazing guitarist, this guy just seems like he's showing off way too much.

You can solo all you want but if you can't write to save your life then who really cares.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Well I like Pearl Jam and you dont so fair enough friend, on the musicanship thing, well lets just agree to differ on that on that for now but when you used the word awful to discribe creed, there as far as im concerned your bang on the money.

Alright, this conversation is going nowhere if you're going to argue Frusciante's prowess as a soloist. It's...just...No. Never mind the fact that most of his solos sound as if they're played through a bad practice amp, the fact is, he's sloppy. He can write a good song, but that's not really what were debating here, so there's no point bringing that up.

And I never said he had writing ability, I just said that he is a far better musician than anyone in Pearl Jam; admittedly, that's not saying very much, but what the hell.

I finally picked up a copy of Bat for Lashes album and love it even tho I have actually seen her twice.

She has a kinda Bjork/Karen O sound to her. Some great songs on the album, I like.

i like the album, but i think she is far more listenable live.

I had heard of Bat For Lashes a while back but never gave it much thought but since you guys are raving on about her I decided to give her a listen. And well you've all put it better than I could ever say so not much point in me saying anything at all.

It's just funny how she gets compared so much, one article I saw had Bjork, Sade, PJ Harvey, Tori Amos, Kate Bush, Imogen Heap which were all likened to her. And since I like all of them it seems Fur and Gold is next to buy.