N-Europe

'Reading and Leeds Festivals will no longer be known as the Carling Weekend.

Organisers Festival Republic have confirmed that they have parted ways with the beer giant, who has sponsored the twin festivals for nine years.

Carling will also no longer be the official lager of the festivals.

In a statement, Festival Republic's Melvin Benn said: "It was by mutual agreement that both parties felt the time was right to pursue new opportunities."

The southern leg of the event now looks set to revert to its original name, Reading Festival, originally used from the bash's first year in 1971.'

They head lined at GIAN, before them were New Found Glory and All American Rejects, now, New Found Glory were greatly comedic, and then AAR were all kicking footys into the crowd and throwing blown up condoms into the crowd. However, Brand New, just come on, sing their slower songs and don't interact with the crowd AT all and made everyone slow when they should finish making everyone more hyper and happy.

That was absolutely amazing. Everyone seemed to hate it except me :\

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Brand New are an amazing band live... if you're a fan, most probably. They're know how to write lyrics, and Deja Entendu is a whole album of yum because of it. TDAGARIM is good but a bit disjointed for me.

I keep hearing of people who went to GIAN last time... there were, like, 7 of my favourite (at one point or another..) bands including mewithoutYou. I've only met two other fans and they were the guys who introduced me.

'Reading and Leeds Festivals will no longer be known as the Carling Weekend.

Organisers Festival Republic have confirmed that they have parted ways with the beer giant, who has sponsored the twin festivals for nine years.

Carling will also no longer be the official lager of the festivals.

In a statement, Festival Republic's Melvin Benn said: "It was by mutual agreement that both parties felt the time was right to pursue new opportunities."

The southern leg of the event now looks set to revert to its original name, Reading Festival, originally used from the bash's first year in 1971.'

That was absolutely amazing. Everyone seemed to hate it except me :\

Wah? So next year the stages are gonna be compeltely different :| My wristband won't be the same either :(

OMG awesome night at black crusade last night :)

shadows fall were really good...had never seen them before...will be picking up one of there albums soon without a doubt

Arch enemy - didnt like them before going...cant get into them

Dragonforce - Great :) they seemed to be having so much fun and there solos in songs are just a inspiration. through fire and flames OMG (mate caught a dragonforce pick...bastard :P)

Trivium - Love the last song but im not a fan as such

Machinehead - EPIC! great set...crowd was going nuts....i caught a machinehead pic :D

Tori Amos is WIN. what albums are you looking for?

Oh my god! *shouts in ecstacy at the Spark video*

I love. My spiritual twin.

Anyway;

Under The Pink - In the main HMV for £15 ( :( )

To Venus And Back - In the main Virgin for £20 (:shakehead ) or in the main HMV for £17 (:( )

Strange Little Girls - Nowhere I've seen. I'll have to resort to amazon methinks.

It's depressing.

Favorite album = - Justice

Favorite Music Video = D.A.N.C.E. - Justice ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo_QVq2lGMs )

Favorite Track = Don't Let The Man - Fatboy Slim (Justice Remix) (If you want to listen to it, you all need to, its on this blog = http://redthreat.wordpress.com/2007/10/17/et-justice-pour-chicago/ )

You can probably see a common theme.

Music video - D.A.N.C.E -Justice or Good Life - Kayne West (Both done by the same people I think) Also Avril Lavigne -Girlfriend

Song - Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne (I'm probably one of the only people to still love it/ever loved it for that matter:p )

Album - The Best Damn Thing - Avril Lavigne

its impossible to pick just ONE for each

Track: - Hellogoodbye - Here (in your arms) - introduced me to a whole range of other artists

Album: - Avril Lavigne - the best damn thing

Video: - hellogoodbye - shimmy shimmy quarter turn - rocks mroe than the other thing i put here

I picked a couple so it doesn't really matter. Also, woo for the same album.

Seeing as it's getting close to the end of the year, whats everyone's favourite:

Track

Album

Video

so far this year?

Track: Iron Maiden - The Longest Day

Album: Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death

Video: No Idea, don't watch many.

Don't ask me why, but I just bought this single:

photo_35810530.jpg

What are battles like? I continually hear good things.

They're a math rock band... Hard to categorize or really compare them to anything else. Listen for yourself:

Ignore the fact that these are videos, just listen to the songs themselves:

- The official single for the album, quite a fantastic track.

My favourite track of theirs, this one.