NEurope

Hold me close, I'm actually wallowing in the shallows, crying blood, and crying your/his name.

His band is equally stunning

You can't beat it.

Ahh yes. The girl is hot too which helps.

I find it hard to listen to A Sorta Fairytale without suddenly being overcome with a feeling of sadness, or a mellow kind of joy. I never know how I'm going to react to it, so the fact I'm now totally obsessed with it again really isn't doing wonders for my mood.

I'm going through her albums one by one now, because I feel as though if I don't do it now then I never will. Starting with Abnormally Attracted To Sin, and working my way backwards.

--

There's a few tracks from her Christmas album available of Spotify. I'm totally loving it. I adore A Silent Night With You.

Edited by Slaggis

Been listening to John Mayer's new album, Battle Studies. To quote a much maligned phrase in here; it's stunning. Didn't think it was possible to better Continuum but he managed it. Any one who releases a single solely about getting stoned deserves praise in my book.

I find it hard to listen to A Sorta Fairytale without suddenly being overcome with a feeling of sadness, or a mellow kind of joy. I never know how I'm going to react to it, so the fact I'm now totally obsessed with it again really isn't doing wonders for my mood.

I'm going through her albums one by one now, because I feel as though if I don't do it now then I never will. Starting with Abnormally Attracted To Sin, and working my way backwards.

--

There's a few tracks from her Christmas album available of Spotify. I'm totally loving it. I adore A Silent Night With yOU.

You'll probably get bored with ADP and The Beekeeper if you work backwards. Don't get me wrong they're both fantastic but probably not the most accessible. Also Spotify doesn't have FTCGH which imo is one of her greatest.

You'd probably like Scarlet's Walk the most.

You'll probably get bored with ADP and The Beekeeper if you work backwards. Don't get me wrong they're both fantastic but probably not the most accessible. Also Spotify doesn't have FTCGH which imo is one of her greatest.

You'd probably like Scarlet's Walk the most.

I lied. I tried listening to it without changing song, but I find it impossible not to constantly switch between tracks. Since starting a couple of hour ago, I'm loving Taxi Ride the most. Though, I've not given any other track on Scarlets Walk a go apart from that and the obvious.

Do it first to last, seriously, Slaggis. :geek:

Scarlet's Walk was her last great one, and really once you listen to all the ones up to that, you'll see why her last few are so dissapointing. Very overproduced and just lacking.

It's very lazy, sampling the bit that's recognised by people even if they don't know the song is Hide and Seek (used in some TV show, and then SNL).

It's lazy, but there's also the terrible lameness of the lyrics. They're so amazingly generic and cliched.

"How, could I live with myself

Knowing that I let our love go (love go)

And ooh, when I do with one chance

I just gotta let you know

I know what I did wasn't clever

But me and you were meant to be together

I really need you in my life

Cuz things ain't right, girl

Tell me, tell me whatcha said (said)

I don't want you to leave me

Though you caught me cheatin'"

Pure poetry.

Poor Hide and Seek.

I try not to listen to the lyrics of stuff like that song. They're usually awful/pointless.

*Spots your new sig and av*

Paj, is Rihanna's new effort actually any good? Other than Disturbia, I've never been a fan so I'm not sure whether to give it a try.

It's not perfect, but I love the production, and the "oomph" of it. Don't go in expecting dance hits, there's none. It's thumping, well produced, rockier stuff. A few clunkers like her collaboration with Slash, and a song called Te Amo, but a lot of cool "dark" (for a chart pop star who not too long ago did songs like Pon De Replay and S.O.S etc) lyrics and sounds. Heavily influenced by her beating situation earlier this year, lots of focus of violence, sexuality and "crime" or something. Which I appreciate. Chris Brown's new album seems to be just the standard bounch of rnb shite for the charts, ignoring what happened, but I like how she's incoporated something very personal into a new style shift (that none of her peers are doing, and that isn't particularly gonna get her big sales).

My faves are Wait Your Turn, G4L, Russian Roulette and Fire Bomb.

I was thinking about getting her album, I've been listening to russian roulette most of the evening and I really enjoy listening to it.

It's just so nice to see a pop star that was realy just a voice to use over songs she neither wrote nor really had much of a part in, actively go down a different stylistic route, and not with the obvious aim of appealing to a wider audience. Seems to be a combination of her horrible experiences earlier this year, and the kinda "Ok, I've had the biggest song of the decade, now what/" syndrome. Where people who are phenomonaly successful go down a route that'll appeal to less people, but is different, so it won't be compared to past successes.

I've got 10 free songs from Sky. I need suggestions, please.

Something from Music Wars that you liked the sound of?

I used my free songs to buy a Decemberists album (The Crane Wife), after jayseven/Shorty talked about them a fair few pages ago. I love it.

Been listening to loads of Scandinavian music, after meeting a really interesting Danish guy who loves music.

A stunning song. Kinda reminds me of RnB songs that sample stuff (like Lonely by Akon and that Imogen Heap bastardization), but not shite.

Air France tell me so much. I was listening to their Saint Etienne remix last night. (S.E themselves are very much in the vein of sampling stuff to great effect)

A Great one.

---------

I love "Collapsing At Your Doorstep". Obviously the next "in the Quicksand"/"in the shallows"/"crying blood".

I tried to make "take my shoes off, and throw them in the lake" work but it just wasn't.

---

I might actually check out more stuff from Air France, I'm loving too much. Have you listened to Foxbase Alpha by Saint Etty yet? It reminds me of things stunning, things stolen.

I tried to make "take my shoes off, and throw them in the lake" work but it just wasn't.

---

I might actually check out more stuff from Air France, I'm loving too much. Have you listened to Foxbase Alpha by Saint Etty yet? It reminds me of things stunning, things stolen.

Why do you trigger me? Why do you trigger me still?

I would indulge in St. Et., but I'm in the process of being so far gone.

------------

I love Dancer In The Dark so much. The combination of Thom Yorke and Bjork leaves me crying at my doorstep.

Edited by chairdriver
Automerged Doublepost

I'm completely in love with Tori Amos' stuff now. I love the contrasts between her albums, it's stopped her from sounding even the slightest bit stale even after a night of solely listening to her. Just began listening to The Beekeeper for the first time.

Heading into town tomorrow to buy Scarletts Walk. I need.

Edited by Slaggis

I'm completely in love with Tori Amos' stuff now. I love the contrasts between her albums, it's stopped her from sounding even the slightest bit stale even after a night of solely listening to her. Just began listening to The Beekeeper for the first time.

Heading into town tomorrow to buy Scarletts Walk. I need.

Listen from the start! :weep: You WON'T be sorry. (Start being Litte Earthquakes)

But Scarlet's Walk is the best thing she's done in the last 10 years so good for going to get that. The Beekeeper is very mundane compared (though I preferred it to most fans. It signalled the change from GREAT to OK effectively in her music).