NEurope

Well, they are probably the most popular rock band in the UK.

---

Really loving this song at the moment. It's (a cover) from his most recent album, but rudely not on the digital version, just the physical one. And the physical version is £30 as it only comes in a 3-album set. Not his most interesting song eve, but it's nice. I like the guitar.

Muse do have some great stuff, but I went through a rollercoaster of liking them and then not liking them. Didn't get into them with Showbiz (although did hear Sunburn and loved that). Then, when New Born came around, loved that and Bliss (which is one of my "getting ready to go out songs" haha). Theeeen, fell out of love with them when Absolution came around. It just didn't grab me. However, shortly after the hype and stuff had died down, I went back and listened to it, and loved eet a lot more than I did before. With Black Holes, I was a fan of half the album, and didn't think much of the other half. City of Delusion and Knights of Cydonia are great choooons. :) I haven't listened to the new one yet, but I will do eventually.

Overall, they're a great band, but I think that they sometimes can over-do it a little, maybe. There's just something that they did with Bliss and New Born that I don't think that they've quite done since, where the music has a lot happening within it, but it's not too busy or over-produced, so still contains that raw-ness.

Whatever people say about Muse, from what I hear / watch on youtube, they're easily one of the best live bands about these days. Despite hating the new album I'll probably go see them anyway.

Anyway, whoever recommended Wild Beasts here ages ago, they are pr0.

Might go see Antlers on thursday if I can be bothered / if I find fellow Antler fans

You name some top songs, but your opinion is still a negative one. :(

(Actually I prefer that less people/ no-one likes Muse. Makes it all the more elite. :hehe:)

I'm just bored of them. I don't mind dabbling in it from time to time but think overall...meh. And hugely overrated.

I'd say Muse are the exact opposite. Its not that nobody likes them, they are becoming increasingly mainstream, its just that there are people here who don't like them.

spotify:track:6xG2ZGudUgtV235xvDlSEt DO IT!

Forgot how much I love this song until it came on shuffle today;

Plus - David Cross :D

Edited by Ashley

I have a quick question, really simple really.

In the song "Gay Bar" by electric six, whats the first word he says?

I have a quick question, really simple really.

In the song "Gay Bar" by electric six, whats the first word he says?

... "You!"

Nope its not time for christmas music :heh:

(although I think Dan showed me that a while ago)

That Muse debate again... perhaps can be summed up with:

Sort of decent band who released one excellent album, two fairly good ones and two which were pretty dull. Nothing amazing but definitely worth seeing live, not for everyone, slightly overrated and there is definitely much better music out there.

Perhaps. I saw them live anyway and would recommend it to anyone, though it did cost me £27.50 and I heard they are a lot more now.

I've finally warmed to Paramore's Ignorance. Now I'm hoping to check out the rest of the album as soon as possible. Any have any opinions on the new one compared to Riot?

I've finally warmed to Paramore's Ignorance. Now I'm hoping to check out the rest of the album as soon as possible. Any have any opinions on the new one compared to Riot?

At first, I said RIOT! was better but I've listened to Brand New Eyes a lot recently and now it just sounds more accomplished in a way. The songs seem to gel together better than on RIOT! where it did seem at times like two albums had been put together. I'm not dissing RIOT! as I love the album, and For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic is the better opener of the two, but I think all the personal conflict with families, friends and themselves ended up making Brand New Eyes the slightly better album. All We Know Is Falling, though, is still the album that I'd say is best but then I personally can't fault any of the songs on that.

And I've not warmed much to Ignorance, since hearing it back in July. I just don't care for it much. Far better songs on the album than that.

I prefer riot, but then I feel ignorance has a few more heartfelt songs rather than 'HERE I AM!' type.

I'm seeing them on the 7th december actually..

A few songs of note from me.

(sorry about the emoness of pictures on that one, couldn't seem to find good sound..

anybody noticed a pattern with these two yet? :p

NME's top 100 albums of the decade.

There's a few albums in there that I like. It's pleasing to see PJ Harvey in the top ten as that album is really good. QOTSA in the top 20 too, which is grand.

Number one I am not feeling.

Really flawed.

Considering Vespertine is 95, and Back To Black is 25. And Stories Of The City is in the top 10 (deservedly), but White Chalk doesn't even feature...

And general absence of essential albums (Ys, Virgin Suicides, I Am A Bird Now, Aerial, Wind In The Wires, Fur & Gold, The Con, Third, Santogold etc etc)

But then how can "top 100" list not be flawed if its written by NME?

SMiLE at 71?

no Animal Collective? Flaming Lips?

that is one fucked up fail of a list. NME though, so i guess its to be expected

NME's top 100 albums of the decade.

There's a few albums in there that I like. It's pleasing to see PJ Harvey in the top ten as that album is really good. QOTSA in the top 20 too, which is grand.

Number one I am not feeling.

Saw that the other day. To be fair I'll give them number one, though it was pretty obviously gonna be the top. Whilst not the best of the decade it's easily one of the most important / influential, and makes sense to be NME album of the decade.

Glaring omissions and dodgey things to scrutinise, wheres TV on the Radio for instance? Never gonna get a perfect list are ya.

Pitchfork's top 20 for ya, I think people will agree more

20 Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights [Matador, 2002]

19 Spoon - Kill The Moonlight [Merge, 2002]

18 Kanye West - Late Registration [Roc-A-Fella, 2002]

17 LCD Soundsystem - Sound Of Silver [EMI/DFA, 2007]

16 Sufjan Stevens - Illinois [Asthmatic Kitty, 2005]

15 The Knife - Silent Shout [Mute/Rabid, 2006]

14 Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavillion [Domino, 2009]

13 OutKast - Stankonia [La Face, 2000]

12 The White Stripes - White Blood Cells [sympathy For The Record Industry, 2001]

11 Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele [sony, 2000]

10 The Avalanches - Since I Left You [Modular/Interscope, 2000]

09 Panda Bear - Person Pitch [Paw Tracks, 2007]

08 Sigur Rós - Ãgætis Byrjun [smekkleysa; 2000]

07 The Strokes - Is This It [RCA, 2001]

06 Modest Mouse - The Moon & Antarctica [Epic, 2000]

05 Jay-Z - The Blueprint [Roc-A-Fella, 2001]

04 Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot [Nonesuch, 2002]

03 Daft Punk - Discovery [Virgin, 2001]

02 Arcade Fire - Funeral [Merge, 2004]

01 Radiohead - Kid A [Capitol, 2000]

Also, Paste have Sufjan Stevens - Illinois and Uncut have White Stripes - White Blood Cells

Edited by dan-likes-trees

Person Pitch is my favourite thing.

----

Really enjoying this album, after not having listened to any of her stuff in ages. Nice to hear updated versions of some of her older tracks.

Really flawed.

Considering Vespertine is 95, and Back To Black is 25. And Stories Of The City is in the top 10 (deservedly), but White Chalk doesn't even feature...

And general absence of essential albums (Ys, Virgin Suicides, I Am A Bird Now, Aerial, Wind In The Wires, Fur & Gold, The Con, Third, Santogold etc etc)

But then how can "top 100" list not be flawed if its written by NME?

Virgin Suicides was released in 99.

But ahoy. Another list, another collective "why is this in there, but not this?" I canne be bothered :heh: Although glancing down Clap Your Hands Say Yeah :) Always reminds me of New York.

Yeah, those lists are really pointless arguing about, I just use them to possibly look into music that seems to be well-receieved that I haven't heard before (though it 's nice when you see an album you love high up in said lists).