NEurope

Looking at that list, and it is quite interesting seeing their choices and what got put in certain positions. Really happy to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Arcade Fire and Interpooool in there. Generally, I think the top 10 is a good top ten. Aside from two bands: The Arctic Monkeys and The Strokes. Can't stand either band, but the Strokes are by far the lesser of the two evils. Still, I would rate almost each of those albums in that top 10 above the number one choice. Fever to tell is a masterpiece.

The Strokes rocked the house with Is This It?

remember what was out before that?

Yeah, it was Craig David.

The Strokes rocked the house with Is This It?

remember what was out before that?

Yeah, it was Craig David.

Pfft, you lie. Plus, there's still not so great music that was released after it. :heh:

Anyway, the likes of Primal Scream were rocking the house whilst the Strokes were still being breastfed.

I prefer the Stroke's newest album (or maybe not...have they released a new one since Last Impressions of Earth or whatever its called?) More balls.

Pfft, you lie. Plus, there's still not so great music that was released after it. :heh:

Anyway, the likes of Primal Scream were rocking the house whilst the Strokes were still being breastfed.

I meant in the period immediately proceeding the album. The late nineties was a smooth garage clusterfuck of epic proportions. I remember thinking at the time that The Strokes sounded like the entire industry resetting. It was quite a profound change, I remember.

There's been better since, and lord knows better before, but it was so refreshing back then. I suspect that's what got it the #1 spot.

Lord-a-fucking-bove I just defended NME. Take me behind the shed and end it all, world.

Hmm I don't think he can do that but I wanna take you behind the middle school and make you pregnant.

I know I posted it recently but in an attempt to stay on topic/share my love for this video;

I meant in the period immediately proceeding the album. The late nineties was a smooth garage clusterfuck of epic proportions. I remember thinking at the time that The Strokes sounded like the entire industry resetting. It was quite a profound change, I remember.

There's been better since, and lord knows better before, but it was so refreshing back then. I suspect that's what got it the #1 spot.

Lord-a-fucking-bove I just defended NME. Take me behind the shed and end it all, world.

I can see where you're coming from, but I remember thinking at the time "I really don't like this band." I still feel the same now. I'm not a huge fan of their style of music (same with the Arctic Monkeys) and I definitely didn't see it as them resetting the industry, so to speak. I quite enjoyed the 90s. :heh:

I didn't check through the entire list, but did The Last Broadcast (Doves) get a mention?

Edit: Just checked through. Wow...it didn't even make the list. How could they have overlooked that?!

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Because of Radio 1 I can't listen to this song at all:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Feel The Badger!

Phil The Badger!

Listening to Carla Bruni, Sarkozy(sp?)'s wife, former model and folky singer woman, on recommendation from my french friend.

She's lovely. A very breathy/cracked voice.

i really liked Last Impressions too. i think we are in the minority though

I liked it too, listening now, jesus it's been a while, blast from the past and that. First Impressions not last tho btw btw

Exactly, I'll give them Is This It. To be fair I can't claim the same woahomg industry reset 'cause I was too young for such things then. But from what I gather there wasn't a whole lot going on early 00's, after Grunge, after Britpop. So hail to the Strokes. Yhey.

Listening to Carla Bruni, Sarkozy(sp?)'s wife, former model and folky singer woman, on recommendation from my french friend.

Agreed. See Louis Garrel for more sexy french loveliness.

--

I can't believe Im missing The Antlers right now. Writing an essay my ass. Urgh.

I'm completely addicted to Paramore's Decode and then to a lesser extent, Ignorance. I adore her voice during the chorus of Decode.

I also threw it out there a few weeks back :heh: Nice background music kind of stuff.

Well I knew about her for months/years, but never got around to listening to her...I have a condition where using Spotify makes me feel dirty. But I'm obviously getting over it. Also listened to 5.55 by Charlotte Gainsbourg which was good.

Also listened to 5.55 by Charlotte Gainsbourg which was good.

I'm in mixed minds. Like, it's good, but could be way better if the songs were better.

----

I've only heard the first two tracks of this album, but I'm really loving it so far. She's the guitarist and backing vocalist in Bat For Lashes.

Edited by chairdriver
Automerged Doublepost

I've only heard the first two tracks of this album, but I'm really loving it so far. She's the guitarist and backing vocalist in Bat For Lashes.

It's flinging me into the ocean. Lovely.

Who wears their socks to bed? Freaks.

Spotify suggested I might like Ivy League and as it turns out I do. 'The Richest Kids' is quite catchy. Nice 60s folksy vibe.

Who wears their socks to bed? Freaks.

It's not me going to bed, its me being incapacitated so hard by the album that I have to send out my astral form to fight my battles.

It's not me going to bed, its me being incapacitated so hard by the album that I have to send out my astral form to fight my battles.

It's THAT bad then? :D

You surely knew that was gonna come from someone.

Although...bad albums people just switch off/don't listen to. Amazing stuff you let "incapacitate you". foo

Word on the street is that Daft Punk are doing an arena tour next year. Playing Wembley Arena the week before Muse play the stadium. Omgzepicweek. May to have to buy tickets.

I bought a Muse ticket, 50 quid, they better be good.

Word on the street is that Daft Punk are doing an arena tour next year. Playing Wembley Arena the week before Muse play the stadium. Omgzepicweek. May to have to buy tickets.

I bought a Muse ticket, 50 quid, they better be good.

I wanna see Daft Punk.

I don't think we have an arena here... =(

That place is tiny. Really tiny. Jim can confirm this as we went to see Massive Attack there.

Actually I just remembered there's an 'arena' in my home town too, but again it's not a very big place I think, plus no big names go there heh.