NEurope

Listen from the start! :weep: You WON'T be sorry. (Start being Litte Earthquakes)

But Scarlet's Walk is the best thing she's done in the last 10 years so good for going to get that. The Beekeeper is very mundane compared (though I preferred it to most fans. It signalled the change from GREAT to OK effectively in her music).

I'm loving the sound of it so far, especially Sweet The Sting and Hoochie Woman. I'm not doing the whole working my way backwards thing. I'm just picking and choosing as I go, I just find it so much easier. I find listening to an album all the way through on one listen a total chore.

Best from The Beekeeper;

The Beekeeper (by far the best track)

Parasol

Hoochie Woman

Toast

Power Of Orange Knickers

Barons of Suburbia

The rest is very dull after *checks* 40 listens.

Best from The Beekeeper;

The Beekeeper (by far the best track)

Parasol

Hoochie Woman

Toast

Power Of Orange Knickers

Barons of Suburbia

The rest is very dull after *checks* 40 listens.

I love how I'm used to putting in an "imo" after every other word of yours automatically now. Makes you seem like that much less of a tyranical swamp hag.

You can't find fault in what she's trying to do. You'd complain if she churned out another Under The Pink every other year. I applaud her for taking brave risks in exploring other media and sounds, what an artist should do. All her albums are great in their respective genre and concept IMO.

But The Beekeeper is shite as a whole, I'm not going lie.

If it were her debut album, everyone would be like "... please can you leave?"

I quote from the song Ireland: "Driving in my Saab, on the way to Ireland."

If everyone put "IMO" after their opinion then it would be the most common word on the internet.

This I know, but when you're making statements like those two do, a few dropped in now and again would make them seem less omniscient than they come across.

I've actually surprised myself today, I can't stop listening to Susan Boyle's new song, Wild Horses for some reason. I kind of like the melody to it, it's very nice. Also can't stop listening to Mariah Carey, that woman is awesome, I love her.

I've actually surprised myself today, I can't stop listening to Susan Boyle's new song, Wild Horses

That song convinced my boss to stop listening to Radio 2. If I had heard it one more time I would have probably killed a few hundred people.

I've actually surprised myself today, I can't stop listening to Susan Boyle's new song, Wild Horses for some reason. I kind of like the melody to it, it's very nice. Also can't stop listening to Mariah Carey, that woman is awesome, I love her.

It's not often I get the chance to judge other people's posts in the music thread considering the content of my posts...but damn. :p Mariah Carey? Her performance on the X-Factor made me cringe so much. She just can't sing that well anymore after all the years of using her voice so much. Everytime she performs you can see her straining on basically every note, it's almost painful to watch.

She just screams of an ageing performer desperately trying to keep current.

--

Back to The Beekeeper. I finished giving it a listen this morning. Well, I lie. I only just stopped listening to it. I loved. Hardly something I'd ever refer to as "Very dull". I like the overall sound of it, even though at first I admittedly didn't warm to it.

Edited by Slaggis

Back to The Beekeeper. I finished giving it a listen this morning. Well, I lie. I only just stopped listening to it. I loved. Hardly something I'd ever refer to as "Very dull". I like the overall sound of it, even though at first I admittedly didn't warm to it.

You'll absolutely adore Little Earthquakes, Under The Pink and Boys For Pele if you loved The Beekeeper, because they're the same thing, but good (IMO).

I still cannot get over this:

I wouldn't be able to clap, because my hands would be gripping my seat too tightly.

Oh for heaven's sake, Razz. Of course it's my opinion of what the best is. :hmm:

I know you have a fit whenever I post anything, but you have to draw (the obvious) conclusions sometimes.

It's not often I get the chance to judge other people's posts in the music thread considering the content of my posts...but damn. :p Mariah Carey? Her performance on the X-Factor made me cringe so much. She just can't sing that well anymore after all the years of using her voice so much. Everytime she performs you can see her straining on basically every note, it's almost painful to watch.

She just screams of an ageing performer desperately trying to keep current.

I felt the same way watching Cheryl Cole and Whitney Houston. The last comment not applying to Cole.

I felt the same way watching Cheryl Cole and Whitney Houston. The last comment not applying to Cole.

See, though Whitney may still be batshit insane....she at least dresses age appropriately. She knows the audience she's aiming at, and her music at least seems to fit with that. It doesn't scream "LOVE ME PLEASE" like Mariah's recent stuff has done.

See, though Whitney may still be batshit insane....she at least dresses age appropriately. She knows the audience she's aiming at, and her music at least seems to fit with that. It doesn't scream "LOVE ME PLEASE" like Mariah's recent stuff has done.

True, Not that I was complaning but surely Mariah should realize it's time to stop dressing like a slut, with her huge rack hanging out at all times.

NME songs of the decade is out!!! More lists to squabble over!!

1. Beyoncé – 'Crazy In Love' 

2. MGMT – 'Time To Pretend' 

3. The Strokes – 'Hard To Explain' 

4. MIA – 'Paper Planes'

5. OutKast – 'Hey Ya!'

7. Klaxons - Golden Skans

6. The Rapture – 'House Of Jealous Lovers'

8. Blur – 'Out Of Time' 

9. Arcade Fire – 'Rebellion (Lies)' 

10. Arctic Monkeys – 'A Certain Romance'

11. The Libertines – 'Can’t Stand Me Now' 

12. The Streets – 'Dry Your Eyes' 

13. The Walkmen – 'The Rat'

14. The White Stripes – 'Seven Nation Army' 

15. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 'Bang' 

16. Rihanna – 'Umbrella' 

17. Yeah Yeah Yeahs – 'Maps' 

18. OutKast – 'Ms Jackson' 

19. Radiohead – 'Reckoner'

20. Hot Chip – 'Over And Over'

Much better list than their albums imoimo, obviously there's things Id have put in that they haven't (LCD Soundsystem, TV on the Radio et cetera) and it's stil pretyy predictable NME but yar. Weird choice for number one aswel.

I'm really enjoying Rated R - Rihanna, its all about things this year, which is alittle depressing, but it seems to work as its continous. I much prefer russian roulette, Photographs and rockstar 101. I like the line 'all I'm missing is a black guitar'. I'm not sure why given its not a very interesting line, maybe just the way she sings it..

Anyway it was worth the £7 purchase off itunes.

Ash - Arcadia

I maybe a little late to the party on this one since it was released a couple of weeks back but I heard it yesterday for the first time and I think it's awesome - so forgive me if someone's mentioned it already.

Lot's of clips of retro arcade games in the video but that's not why I like it - that just goes to make it even better.

Really reminds me of their earlier stuff which was more poppy in nature before they went down the pure rock route. Really catchy and gives me a bit of a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

NME songs of the decade is out!!! More lists to squabble over!!

1. Beyoncé – 'Crazy In Love' 

2. MGMT – 'Time To Pretend' 

3. The Strokes – 'Hard To Explain' 

4. MIA – 'Paper Planes'

5. OutKast – 'Hey Ya!'

7. Klaxons - Golden Skans

6. The Rapture – 'House Of Jealous Lovers'

8. Blur – 'Out Of Time' 

9. Arcade Fire – 'Rebellion (Lies)' 

10. Arctic Monkeys – 'A Certain Romance'

11. The Libertines – 'Can’t Stand Me Now' 

12. The Streets – 'Dry Your Eyes' 

13. The Walkmen – 'The Rat'

14. The White Stripes – 'Seven Nation Army' 

15. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 'Bang' 

16. Rihanna – 'Umbrella' 

17. Yeah Yeah Yeahs – 'Maps' 

18. OutKast – 'Ms Jackson' 

19. Radiohead – 'Reckoner'

20. Hot Chip – 'Over And Over'

Much better list than their albums imoimo, obviously there's things Id have put in that they haven't (LCD Soundsystem, TV on the Radio et cetera) and it's stil pretyy predictable NME but yar. Weird choice for number one aswel.

That top choice seems like a desperate cry for attention from NME; look at us! We usually promote white, young indie bands but we put a black artist at the top of our list, who isn't indie at all!

Having said that the list overall is actually quite good I think. Better than their albums. 17-20 are good choices I think, I also love no 9 and no 3.

I'm really enjoying Rated R - Rihanna, its all about things this year, which is alittle depressing, but it seems to work as its continous. I much prefer russian roulette, Photographs and rockstar 101. I like the line 'all I'm missing is a black guitar'. I'm not sure why given its not a very interesting line, maybe just the way she sings it..

Anyway it was worth the £7 purchase off itunes.

I love Firebomb and G4L too. G4L is pretty haunting/unnerving. thanks to Chase and Status (Stratus? IDK) ' production.

---

RE: Crazy In Love being no. 1 song of the decade.

I like it enough, I enjoy a lot of Beyonce's hits, but it never quite reached the levels of quality pop/rnb that it did for everyone else, for me. I read somewhere (and it comes up on iTunes) that Prince co-wrote Crazy In Love, but i can't find any info on that now.

Crazy In Love is one of the best songs of the 00s in my opinion. And Beyonce is definitely one of the most accomplished artists of the decade.

And the fact that its so mainstream only makes it more lovely. I kinda hate Jay-Z's input, because it doesn't feel as definitive as the rest of the song. It feels as though he could rap different lyrics, and no one would care, whereas I'd near kill myself if Beyonce changed the lines

"It's the way that you know what I thought I knew

It's the beat that my heart skips when I'm with you

Yeah, but I still don't understand

Just how your love can do what no one else can"

And "I've been weighing myself" makes me la-la in the kitchen, on the floor.

I used to not like it as much, but listening to it recently it's actually so great as a song.

I love The Sunday's version of Wild Horses.

That top choice seems like a desperate cry for attention from NME; look at us! We usually promote white, young indie bands but we put a black artist at the top of our list, who isn't indie at all!

Beyonce's not really black any more. Her skin appears to be getting whiter. Or at least to me it does ^_^

Lot's of clips of retro arcade games in the video but that's not why I like it - that just goes to make it even better.

I played Pac-Man with Ash at Kendal Calling in the summer. Your post just reminded me of it. Good times.