NEurope

Jimmy Eat World are great for depressive music. Try Polaris, Be Sensible or 23.

Why has Eminem re-released Without Me?

Why does anyone rerelease anything? MONEH!1!

---

Listening to The Teenagers album. Homecoming is always on at most parties I've been to this year.

For Dyson (in particular)

I listened to Elbow once through, and some of the songs again. I wasn't blown away. I liked the music itself, his voice annoyed me a bit, but not overly so. Some nice lyrics here and there, and obv. songs like Grounds For Divorce are nice and immediate.

It'll probably grow on me.

:bowdown: Fair enough. Glad you gave it a shot. It is growing music to be fair, but it's the kind of music my Dad has listened to as I grow up as the genre itself has grown on me if that makes sense.

The new album by Silversun Pickups has been released today O.o I actually had no idea that it was coming out so soon until I saw a track-pack by them on Xbox Live for GHWT and then thought 'hang on a sec I don't recognise that track...' *checks Play.com* *finds new album* that was a pretty nice surprise tbh because I really loved their first proper album titled Carnavas.

The new album is titled 'Swoon' for anyone who's interested (I know Dyson may well be :heh:) I've just ordered it along with a copy of their original EP which I'd heard of before but never got around to buying.

For anyone who still doesn't know what the hell I'm going on about, here is a video of them performing 'Lazy Eye' the first few seconds are quieter than the album version for some reason, anyway...

New Moby album has been officially announced. Wait For Me released on June 30th.

The only Moby song I ever listen to anymore is New York New York. And that's half for Debbie Harry.

He's good, but I've yet to be blown away by much of his modern stuff.

New York New York has a brilliant video too;

The new album by Silversun Pickups has been released today O.o I actually had no idea that it was coming out so soon until I saw a track-pack by them on Xbox Live for GHWT and then thought 'hang on a sec I don't recognise that track...' *checks Play.com* *finds new album* that was a pretty nice surprise tbh because I really loved their first proper album titled Carnavas.

The new album is titled 'Swoon' for anyone who's interested (I know Dyson may well be :heh:) I've just ordered it along with a copy of their original EP which I'd heard of before but never got around to buying.

For anyone who still doesn't know what the hell I'm going on about, here is a video of them performing 'Lazy Eye' the first few seconds are quieter than the album version for some reason, anyway...

Oh awesome! Love Lazy Eye. Need to check out more of their stuff but if it's anything like Lazy Eye then this'll go down a treat:D

I love that Perry's "If You Can Afford Me" is basically saying dating is just a glorified version of prostitution ("If you want a ride, just name your price"). No idea why it hasn't been a single, it's damn catchy.

I love that Perry's "If You Can Afford Me" is basically saying dating is just a glorified version of prostitution ("If you want a ride, just name your price"). No idea why it hasn't been a single, it's damn catchy.

Why are all your comments about your suprise at how slutty pop singer's lyrics are? :heh:

Everyone else knew that! :)

I think Haggis is thinking of pure pop in which lyrics like "don't stop, never give up, [blank blank blank] and reach the top" are featured.

I think Haggis is thinking of pure pop in which lyrics like "don't stop, never give up, [blank blank blank] and reach the top" are featured.

Ok. I'm just baffled by his surprise sometimes. :heh:

Jamie Foxx had some not-so-nice words for Miley Cyrus during his weekend Sirius radio show "The Foxxhole," judging by a audio posted on YouTube and heard below.

During a discussion criticizing Miley, 16, for being upset at not getting to meet Radiohead backstage at the Grammys, Foxx, 41, told her to get a gum transplant and to "make a sex tape and grow up... Get like Britney Spears and do some heroin... get some crack in your pipe... Catch chlamydia on a bicycle seat."

Someone else is heard calling her a "white bitch."

Foxx has a teenage daughter.

Grown man picking on a child. :hmm:

Im feeling Japanese music from Films/Anime at the moment:

Loving the term "Sweetcakes"

The song is "Shizukana Hibi No Kaidan Wo" by Dragon Ash if anyones interested. The E.P version is better though.

"What Planet is This?" I think it's by the Seatbelts but I may be wrong.

"What Planet is This?" Full version with vocals:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

"The Real Folk Blues" by Mai Yamane:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

"Through the Night"

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Goafer

To be fair though...

LOL!

It's in no way fair what he did. :heh:

LOL!

It's in no way fair what he did. :heh:

All is 'fair' in publicity, think how much she will get from this... I'm not condoning what he said mind, despite not liking Miley particularly but at the end of it all they are just words... harsh words? maybe... but I get his point, in the grand scheme of the music business, she is 'nobody'... and so it's basically like saying she hasn't really done anything and so can't really expect to demand anything in return.

The examples of suggestions of what she 'should' do are extreme yes but they are still just words and in the grand scheme of things are nothing shocking, they are both as bad as each other; Foxx for stooping so low when he should perhaps know better and Cyrus for acting like the world owes her something lol

But who am I to judge? :heh: All I'm saying is that shit invariably happens...

Oh and I wouldn't be surprised if to any extent this is all just an elaborate publicity stunt, I don't really care either, just that going by the lengths some people will go to get it, nothing surprises me anymore... :blank:

Jamie Foxx is a bit rich to have a go for musical insignificance. That aside, I found it fairly amusing.

but hey! Miley Cyrus right? who gives a fuck!?

Good music, going forward:

Max Tundra continues to amuse and amaze in equal measure: how the diminutive chip-smith crafts credibly dancable pop out of what is, essentially, an audio bank's schizophrenic melt down is a mystery. I'm more than willing to indulge the chap, mind.

Edited by Dan_Dare

All is 'fair' in publicity, think how much she will get from this... I'm not condoning what he said mind, despite not liking Miley particularly but at the end of it all they are just words... harsh words? maybe... but I get his point, in the grand scheme of the music business, she is 'nobody'... and so it's basically like saying she hasn't really done anything and so can't really expect to demand anything in return.

The examples of suggestions of what she 'should' do are extreme yes but they are still just words and in the grand scheme of things are nothing shocking, they are both as bad as each other; Foxx for stooping so low when he should perhaps know better and Cyrus for acting like the world owes her something lol

But who am I to judge? :heh: All I'm saying is that shit invariably happens...

Oh and I wouldn't be surprised if to any extent this is all just an elaborate publicity stunt, I don't really care either, just that going by the lengths some people will go to get it, nothing surprises me anymore... :blank:

I don't care overly. Radiohead shouldn't have HAD to meet Miley, that's obvious. They could have done. We don't know their schedules though. However, she shouldn't have any more of a right to talk with them than any other fan etc.

I think insulting her for it is stupid and immature.

Oh my god, I love.

It's done so well. Like, actually makes the Ninth Wave make so much sense to me now.

Oh my god, I love.

It's done so well. Like, actually makes the Ninth Wave make so much sense to me now.

I hated that they didn't include the songs. Well, I watched the first one, and they didn't. And that's just their interpretation. (It's not far off the actual story behind the alvum)

"What Planet is This?" I think it's by the Seatbelts but I may be wrong.

"What Planet is This?" Full version with vocals:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

"The Real Folk Blues" by Mai Yamane:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I love the madeup band for CowBoy Bebop. :)

Some of the musicians can be found working with Yoko Kanno on other anime Ost example Ghost in the shell series.

My fav songs are; "Is It Real?", "Ask DNA","POWER OF KUNG FOOD REMIX","Green Bird", "Blue","Tank",,"Butterfly","No Reply","Gotta Knock A Little Harder",

, "Don't Bother None","Digging my Potato" (alternate version),"Want It All Back" (clavinet hater version),"Goodnight Julia","23 hanashi (Episode 23),"Space Lion""and "Memory".

Musicians of The Seatbelts

Japanese musicians

Drums: Yasuo Sano, Akira Sotoyama

Bass: Hitoshi Watanabe, Maki Kitada, Suzuki Bakabon

Guitar: Tsuneo Imahori, Masayoshi Furukawa

Percussion: Mataro Misawa, Ikuo Kakehashi, Yoichi Okabe

Trumpet: Koji Nishimura, Koshio Araki, Yusuke Hayashi, Akio Terashima

Trombone: Yoichi Murata, Satoshi Kawano, Hideaki Nakaji, Yoshiaka Hashimoto, Masanori Hirohara, Junko Yamashiro

Saxophone: Masato Honda, Shigeo Fuchino, Masakuni Takeno, Takuo Yamamoto, Osamu Koike, Naruyoshi Kikuchi

Flute: Hideyo Takakuwa, Kazuhiro Iwasa, Mika Hayashi

Tuba: Kiyoshi Sato

Harmonica: Nubuo Yagi, Ryuichiro Senoo

Strings: Masatsugu Shinozaki

Synthesizer: Keishi Urata

Producer/Composer/Arranger/Keyboards/Noises/Voices/Mood Setting: Yoko Kanno

Recording & Mixing: Masashi Yabuhara

New York musicians

Drums: Al Foster, Bobby Previte, Bill Stewart

Guitar: Peter Bernstein

Piano : Mark Soskin, George Colligan

Bass: Stanley Clarke, Scott Colley

Percussion: Daniel Sadownick

Trumpet and Flugelhorn: Nicholas Payton

Trombone: Josh Roseman

Soprano Saxophone: Steve Wilson

Alto Saxophone and Flute: Gary Bartz

Tenor Saxophone and Bass Clarinet: Chris Potter

Tenor Saxophone: Joshua Redman

Baritone Saxophone: James Carter

Tuba: Bill Barber

Harmonica: Chris Michalek

Chorus: Paule McWilliams, Nicki Richards, Sharon Bryant-Gallwey, Lisa Fischer

Recording & Mixing: Rudy Van Gelder

Paris musicians

Guitar: Pierre Bensusan

Percussion and Voices: Sydney Thiam, Michel Reman, David Mirandon, Philippe Drai, Phillipe Nalry, Thierry Boucou

Recording & Mixing: Dupouy Christophe

Oslo musicians

Tenor Saxophone: Jan Garbarek

Keyboards and synthesizers: Rainer Brüninghaus

Guitar: Terje Rypdal

Bass: Eberhard Weber

Drums and Percussion: Jon Christensen, Marilyn Mazur

Woodwinds and Voices: Bjorn Svetnam, Karin Krog, Peder Friis, Mari Boine, Edvard Kempler, Lars Ektor

Recording & Mixing: Manfred Eicher

Guest vocalists

Carla Vallet

Tim Jensen

Mai Yamane

Steve Conte

Masaaki Endoh

Gabriela Robin

Masayoshi Furukawa

Tulivu-Donna Cumberbatch

SYDNEY with Sister R

Emily Bindiger

Jerzy Knetig

Aoi Tada

Raj Ramayya

Hassan Bohmide

Scott Matthew

Reynada Hill

Discography

Studio recordings

Cowboy Bebop (1998)

Cowboy Bebop Vitaminless (1998)

Cowboy Bebop No Disc (1998)

Cowboy Bebop Blue (1999)

Ask DNA (2001)

Future Blues (2001)

Cowboy Bebop Tank! THE! BEST! (2004)

Live recordings

Future Blues DVD

Miscellaneous

Cowboy Bebop Remixes: Music for Freelance (1999)

Cowgirl Ed (2001)

Cowboy Bebop Boxed Set (2002)

"Through the Night"

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

This song was by Masahiko Arimachi for Outlaw Star.

Edited by Dante

My fav songs are; "Is It Real?", "Ask DNA","POWER OF KUNG FOOD REMIX","Green Bird", "Blue","Tank",,"Butterfly","No Reply","Gotta Knock A Little Harder",
, "Don't Bother None","Digging my Potato" (alternate version),"Want It All Back" (clavinet hater version),"Goodnight Julia","23 hanashi (Episode 23),"Space Lion""and "Memory".

This song was by Masahiko Arimachi for Outlaw Star.

I never knew who did that song, nice one!

I love "Don't Bother None" as well. It's an awesome song. Spokey Dokey is also awesome (it gets better after a minute or so):

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I never knew who did that song, nice one!

I love "Don't Bother None" as well. It's an awesome song. Spokey Dokey is also awesome (it gets better after a minute or so):

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I agree with you. :)

The Blue ablum contains other songs that i like by them.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

And three songs from Tank! THE! BEST! written for the 2005 game.

Illaria Graziano - "Pearls"

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Illaria Graziano - "Diamonds"

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Illaria Graziano - "Einstein Groovin'"

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Edited by Dante

Within moments of waking up, my brother (who had been up all night) sparked up a convo on a band he found. So I decided to check them out and they're not bad. And, unbelievably, I foudn out they had a song up for download on Rock Band. Nice way to start the day.

Anyway, they're called In This Moment and I've added a vid for one of their songs, Forever below. Enjoy. Or don't. :heh: