NEurope

Kelly Clarkson - I Do Not Hook Up (Music Video Leak)

Link

I love the first chorus bit (totally whoreish) and the bit on the bar near the end. You can tell it was (co)written by Perry, same with Longshot (where Clarkson even sounds like her).

The whole part where she falls off of the bar ruins the video. It stops the track in its steps halting what is generally a fast paced song. If it had been a slower song, then obviously it would have been an ok inclusion yet it just disrupts the song. It does create a contrast between the fast nature of the song and the way it slowed down/stopped as a result of falling off of the bar but it doesn't really bring anything to the song much.

The whole part where she falls off of the bar ruins the video. It stops the track in its steps halting what is generally a fast paced song. If it had been a slower song, then obviously it would have been an ok inclusion yet it just disrupts the song. It does create a contrast between the fast nature of the song and the way it slowed down/stopped as a result of falling off of the bar but it doesn't really bring anything to the song much.

A friend said that too, when I linked her to it (I'm assuming you've also never heard the song?). I suppose because I know it so well, the change came as a welcome, rather than a negative. Though, the scream made me laugh. It's catchy as hell though, more so than My Life Would Suck... imo.

--

I cannot get this song out my head. I love her voice so much! So happy it just hit #2 on the charts.

Edited by Slaggis

I didn't notice the song being disrupted by her falling over, but then I've listened to it a few times now.

so turns out the often listenable Metric have some more produce available. I'll report back.

Oh my god. I actually could not believe what I was reading when I read the review for Two Suns by Bat For Lashes in the Gay Times.

I was literally more excited reading it that when I got my offer from Oxford.

I could not believe the awesomeness of what I was reading.

The Hounds Of Love. Little Earthquakes. White Chalk. Debut. If these words mean anything to you then this, Bat For Lashes' sophomore record, certainly will do too; for its impossible not to hear the influence of the women behind those albums. Much as Natasha Khan wants to be known as an artist in her own right, Two Suns is haunted benignly by the spirits of Kate Bush, Tori Amos, PJ Harvey and Bjork alike. Don't let that put you off though. From anyone less talented than the Mercury Music Prize nominee such influences would end up as some kind of hideous parody. But Two Suns is a masterpiece. Any album that reminds you of the intensity of feelings you had as a teenager - the longing, the wonder at the universe - deserves such a description. Daniel, for instance, captures precisely the Technicolour magic of first love. Sleep Alone, with its insistent, folky ostinato, could be a soundtrack for any lonely misfit desperate to escape. And Pearl's Dream with its Running Up That Hill-esque drum beat, is the thrill of the escape itself as Khan chants "there's a place I must go." And for the rest of the album, she takes us there using every strange, sparkling musical device at her disposal.

Enchanting.

5/5

The greatest thing I have ever read.

The fact that I love every album and every artist mentioned, and the fact that he's rightly pleasuring himself when speaking her name.

meh. I've written better ;)

You only say "meh" because you don't understand the significance of quoting the names of the Trion, let alone the extreme poignance of mentioning the Greatest 4. It's like finding and uniting the 5 Guardians Of Kingdom Hearts.

I just love the fact that it's undeniable that the 4 albums in the first sentence transcend all (bar a select few) of their competitors.

The Hounds Of Love. Little Earthquakes. White Chalk. Debut.

I grabbed the arms of my chair, gasping, and actually choking on my crisps.

Who said the trion and She Who Must Not Be Named could ever be mentioned in the same sentence?

[/Joke chair and I have]

Although, they're right in that she kinda gathers them all up into one person.

But I prefer them all individually/they're better than her. :p But it's good that she's kinda "bridging the gap" generation wise.

I just love the fact that it's undeniable that the 4 albums in the first sentence transcend all (bar a select few) of their competitors.

It's well known that Little Earthquakes is great but nothing on the 2 albums that follow. Same with Debut actually (more so).

Name checking does not a good review make. True story.

Of course not. I didn't even read the review.

so turns out the often listenable Metric have some more produce available. I'll report back.

You only just noticed?

Having said that I've only listened to it twice and haven't paid much attention. Seems pretty good though, yet again isn't everything Emily Haines is involved in?

Name checking does not a good review make. True story.

Yeah, but the fact of the matter is that I assumed that I was going to read about Kylie Minogue, Madonna and/or Kings Of Leon/MGMT. I read the words Hounds Of Love and took a double take.

well,..um..no. How long has it been out?

it seems pretty good. Syth tinges seem to be all the rage this year (though Metric always dabbled) and they pull it off pretty well- though they never go as far as trying for an actual dance record or anything.

It's only been out since April 7th but it was leaked on 9th March at the latest as far as I can tell.

I only have Grow Up & Blow Away by Metric.

I keep meaning to get more stuff.

I only have Grow Up & Blow Away by Metric.

I keep meaning to get more stuff.

Oh you should although their other stuff is quite different to Grow & Blow Away.

I absolutely love Dead Disco from Old World Underground, Where Are You Now which is my favourite album of theirs.

Good god Emily Haines is so hot.

Metric are playing leeds and reading i think if anyone cares : peace:. I dont unfortunately

Lady GaGa - Covering Viva La Vida

I love it towards the end, especially.

Interview with Jo Wiley

Anyone who saw her on Jonathon Ross, watch this. No idea what the hell was wrong with her on Ross, but she's back to her usual self on this. Thank god. She was just on Paul O'Grady and was utterly lovely.

Edited by Slaggis

I actually kinda liked Gaga there. Fair play to her, a honest decent effort.

Good god... just no! I really didn't like it tbh :/ the original was a decent track, nothing amazing maybe but still, her style of singing on that cover just ruins a perfectly good track Imo.

It probably doesn't help that I don't like her voice, I find it abrasive >> I can see why people who actually like her may see it as decent and yes shes clearly put a certain amount of effort into it but really it just doesn't work.

I'm not a fan of her own work and i'm not a big fan or the original track, but i think she had a good crack at it there. Couple of mistakes, but i thought overall her voice sort of suited it and its not something within her usual comfort range (i'm guessing?? don't really listen to her) so i've got respect for that. :)

Yeah the effort is there but I've never really liked her voice tbh, I just don't feel that the cover works that well at all but if it made a few people smile then that's good I guess, can't say it did anything for me though. :smile:

I'm not a fan of her own work and i'm not a big fan or the original track, but i think she had a good crack at it there. Couple of mistakes, but i thought overall her voice sort of suited it and its not something within her usual comfort range (i'm guessing?? don't really listen to her) so i've got respect for that. :)

Erm, I suppose you could say that. :) Have you heard her Pokerface Acoustic performance? (She did it on the same show). It's sort of in the same style, but it's better than the Viva performance. She's a lot more talented than some people seem to assume (voice wise).

--

Just saw her live on Paul O'Grady. She did the best acoustic Pokerface I've heard yet, amazing. She NEEDS to release an album of stuff like that, now.

Edited by Slaggis