NEurope

Oh and Chair, I think you mean 'needs exposure to new stuff.' You're very guilty of stating your musical tastes are 'good' in relation to other things. I'm not going to start an argument over the good/bad thing but people really need to get it into their head that there isn't good or bad in music. Just personal tastes.

Surely you could have just got the gist that they have the "potential" to appreciate a lot of the slightly "off the radar" stuff that he likes?

We say good because we think it's good...it's annloying to have to say IMO IMO all the time.

It's different when dealing with musical "facts" being stated and whatnot.

Oh and Chair, I think you mean 'needs exposure to new stuff.' You're very guilty of stating your musical tastes are 'good' in relation to other things. I'm not going to start an argument over the good/bad thing but people really need to get it into their head that there isn't good or bad in music. Just personal tastes.

No, I mean they need exposure to things which aren't Britney Spears / Europop.

Seriously, that's all that's on her iPod. Britney Spears, the Juno soundtrack and various 90's pop anthems.

However, I didn't lose faith, because I put on Everything by Alanis Morissette and she sat and listened and at the end really genuinely said "I really enjoyed that."

Then I made her a mix tape CD with various lovely songs - including Glass by Bat For Lashes - which she rates too highly. Literally goes on too much about Fight Like Apes and Skinny Love by Bon Iver.

@ Goaferboy - I agree with Free Bird and Bohemian Rhapsody as being on your list of the best songs. They are indeed two of the best songs ever. Should be on everyone's list.

Yeah, I feel the same about all the songs on the list. Apart from Lostprophets and The Ataris, they were more of a personal choice. The list wasn't in any order, but I would consider "What a wonderful world" to be number 1 on it.

I don't think I could do a 2009 list. I can't remember the last song I listened to that was released this year. I don't really listen to new music that much. I don't have sky so the only method of hearing music is the radio. I need to get a DAB radio so I can get some more rock based options.

I don't think I could do a 2009 list. I can't remember the last song I listened to that was released this year. I don't really listen to new music that much. I don't have sky so the only method of hearing music is the radio. I need to get a DAB radio so I can get some more rock based options.

Radio and TV really are not the best ways to listen to the best new music.

The internet has done wonder for the exposure of brilliant music!

Yeah, I feel the same about all the songs on the list. Apart from Lostprophets and The Ataris, they were more of a personal choice. The list wasn't in any order, but I would consider "What a wonderful world" to be number 1 on it.

Take a listen to this:

It was released this year (this/last month). PJ Harvey is the queen of rock music. And John Parish is a great guitarist.

What do you think?

Awesome lists guys I love how varied they are. :D

My Top 15 of 2009 thus far:

1. Miley Cyrus - The Climb

2. Jenny Wilson - The Path

3. Telepather - Chrome's on it

4. Kaishiwa Daisuke - Requiem

5. Merzbow - Fandango's in Space

6. Bat For Lashes - Moon and Moon

7. Girls Aloud - Untouchable (single released this year >__>)

8. Neko Case - Polar Nettles

9. Sophia Somajo - Irony

10. Fever Ray - When I grow up

11. Animal Collective - Brothersport

12. Fight Like Apes - Digif***er

13. Lady Gaga - I like it Rough

14. Keri Hilson -Knock you down

15. Franz Ferdinand - Lucid Dream

Edited by Coolness Bears

just started listening to muse for the first time in ages... (possibly the first time in 2009? the snowman would kill me!)

i heart sunburn :heart:

Awesome lists guys I love how varied they are. :D

My Top 15 of 2009 thus far:

1. Miley Cyrus - The Climb

2. Jenny Wilson - The Path

3. Telepather - Chrome's on it

4. Kaishiwa Daisuke - Requiem

5. Merzbow - Fandango's in Space

6. Bat For Lashes - Moon and Moon

7. Girls Aloud - Untouchable (single released this year >__>)

8. Neko Case - Polar Nettles

9. Sophia Somajo - Irony

10. Fever Ray - When I grow up

11. Animal Collective - Brothersport

12. Fight Like Apes - Digif***er

13. Lady Gaga - I like it Rough

14. Keri Hilson -Kock you down

15. Franz Ferdinand - Lucid Dream

Why do I wake up everyday, and clap at the fact that god created you?

Literally the most eclectic, brilliant list I've ever read.

just started listening to muse for the first time in ages... (possibly the first time in 2009? the snowman would kill me!)

i heart sunburn :heart:

I love Sunburn too, there are a lot of good tracks on Showbiz I really like the title track from that album not to mention Unintended and Overdue. : peace:

Why do I wake up everyday, and clap at the fact that god created you?

Literally the most eclectic, brilliant list I've ever read.

I love the image of you waking up. ;)OH and clapping. :p

Moving on,

Why thank you! :grin:

I'd get bored if I constantly listened to the same genre. I like to try everything! :yay:

It's only a quick list at the moment. That was from the Top of my head so I could be missing some other stuff I like/prefer.

My top 10 for 2009 (clearly not since I'll change my mind like a gazillion times and they're in no order)

The Vague Archive - Grammatics

Sick Muse - Metric

Angel Lust - Fake Shark-Real Zombie

Omen - The Prodigy

Zero - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Help I'm Alive - Metric

Rubber Lover - Marmaduke Duke

Dance Like A White Boy - Master Shortie

I'll Make My Own Hours - The Number Twelve Looks Like You (cos I couldn't decide on a track and this one came on)

Running For The Razors - Fake Shark-Real Zombie

I love Sunburn too, there are a lot of good tracks on Showbiz I really like the title track from that album not to mention Unintended and Overdue. : peace:

unintended :heart:

that song has made me want to cry on so many occasions!

i have no idea why... i just love it

I was really disapointed last time i saw muse because they completely ignored showbiz :sad:

I was really disapointed last time i saw muse because they completely ignored showbiz :sad:

Could be worse they could completely ignore Origin Of Symmetry.

ive never seen them live.. its something i wanna do!

and shame on them! showbiz is full of lil gems

unintended :heart:

that song has made me want to cry on so many occasions!

i have no idea why... i just love it

It's truly beautiful Imo, just finished listening to it and it's one of those tracks where I still get those 'shivers' down my spine like I have since the first time I listened to it. ^^

Not all music has that effect on me, but it makes the songs that do have that power all the more special. :)

This performance is just so good.

It's like she's actually pouring out the music fuelled by the pain of her miscarriage.

Enshrouded by sorrow and encouraged by compassion, and weilding a shield wrought from the hearts of lovers intertwined in destiny, Tori Amos seeks to descend into Kingdom Hearts to reclaim the precious things that came so close, yet slipped so far.

No one'll watch it. Mark my words.

But yes, one of the most disturbing live performances I've ever seen. She was pretty fucked up/off back in those days.

It's truly beautiful Imo, just finished listening to it and it's one of those tracks where I still get those 'shivers' down my spine like I have since the first time I listened to it. ^^

Not all music has that effect on me, but it makes the songs that do have that power all the more special. :)

yeh definately!!

i find it hard to find songs that i really really like.. but like u said - when it does happen it makes it all the better =)

Could be worse they could completely ignore Origin Of Symmetry.

They nearly did that... couldn't believe there was no citizen erased. I had to check with everybody else that i hadn't passed out or something and missed half the set.

No one'll watch it. Mark my words.

They better, because I have officially ejaculated over it.

Showbiz has some good stuff on it alright. They still play the odd tune from it- Unintended and Muscle Museum being the main offenders. They have so much material these days though its understandable that some of the older stuff gets left behind... they play Bliss a lot less now. :(