NEurope

Metric are playing leeds and reading i think if anyone cares : peace:. I dont unfortunately

I care:yay:

I'm not sure which performance i prefer. they're both tracks i could listen to whilst working.

I quite liked her character in the poker face recording. The switches from being fairly upbeat in parts to being slightly down (i don't mean down, but i cant think of the word im looking for) works well.

But as you say, her voice is alot better than i imagined it to be, although i'm still not a fan of that christina aguilara like wobble that is getting seriously overused at the moment.

I much prefer Gaga's to the original, just because Gaga's felt like it had some personality.

But then I hate both, so I'm over it.

I much prefer GaGa's performance of Viva La Vida to Coldplay's. Really didn't like the original but her version is nice. And yeh, sounds much better than when she was on Wossy.

Yeah, Coldplay are pretty easy to better. I liked that performance.

I arguably prefer this to the studio version. The vocals are so much more emotion-filled.

A tremendous song.

Daft when are you going to do another collaborative playlist on spotify? I feel a summery themed one is in order, but I don't want to hijack your thread idea!

I think the theme of the next Spotify list should be Indifference.

It would be interesting to see what people come up with.

I was thinking today of what I would consider to be the best 10 songs ever.

Just a splendid song. Also the soundtrack to one of the best films ever.

Again, just splendid. I definately recommend watching the proper video. For some reason It's not on youtube at all.

I quite like bleak visions of the future such as Mad Max and the Fallout series. This song sets a perfect atmosphere for an apocalyptic war.

It's Rage's first song. That's reason enough for me. So it's an added bonus that Radio 1 accidentaly played the album version when it made it into the charts. It resulted in the word "Fuck" being said 17 times on pre-watershed radio. Genius

Another video I can't find on Youtube for love nor money. I've seen them live a few times and it's superb at building the atmosphere. The start is very recogniseable with a quiet bit to build up and then it all kicks off. Good fun to be a part of.

No explanation needed surely?

Again, no explanation needed. The most beautiful song ever IMO

I remember the Don Henley version from when I was young. A lot of nostalgia attached to this song. I think this versions better. Much better.

The best driving song ever. Random trivia: It was the first song to use the term "heavy metal".

Another beatiful song.

"10 Best Songs Ever" is a bit a silly list to even try to compile. The title makes no sense. At least your personal favourites.

Not doing a list, but Kelly Clarksons "How I Feel" has to be one of my favourite songs ever, purely because I love the lyrics to bits. They're utterly relatable, it's a little depressing.

Is it only that could never imagine whittling a list down to less than...40? :blank:

Hows about Top 15 songs from 2009 thus far? :)

Has to be released in 2009 and can be any song off an album etc?

The best 10 songs in my opinion in my iTunes library are probably...

*thinks briefly - isn't a definitive list*

All Is Full Of Love - Bjork

Breathing - Kate Bush

Yes, Anastacia - Tori Amos

Hunter - Bjork

Precious Things - Tori Amos

This Mess We're In - PJ Harvey & Thom Yorke

Gunshy - Liz Phair

To Bring You My Love - PJ Harvey

Back In Your Head (RAC Mix) - Tegan and Sara

This Woman's Work - Kate Bush

Hows about Top 15 songs from 2009 thus far? :)

Has to be released in 2009 and can be any song off an album etc?

Oh, I suppose that's easier. Let me think.

My top ten from 2009:

Lumpy Dough - Fight Like Apes

Glass - Bat For Lashes

Summertime Clothes - Animal Collective

I Hate The Way - Polly Scattergood

Aeon - Antony & The Johnsons

Black Hearted Love - PJ Harvey & John Parish

Poem Song - Polly Scattergood

People Got Alotta Nerve - Neko Case

Vulture - Micachu

Middle Cyclone - Neko Case

Probably personal favourites of the year would be...

Pokerface - Lady GaGa

La Roux - In For The Kill

Kelly Rowland - Work (Freemasons Remix)

Frankmusik - Better Off As Two

Kelly Clarkson - I Do Not Hook Up

Katy Perry - Waking Up In Vegas (It's being released, so it's allowed on the list!)

They're the ones that come off the top of my head...

My Pick of Tracks from 2009 (in no order)

1. Zero - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

2. Bunny Club - Polly Scattergood

3. Mommy Complex- Peaches

4. Feeling Good - My Brightest Diamond

5. Vulture - Micachu

6. A Woman A Man Walked By/The Crow Knows Where The Children Go - John Parish & PJ Harvey

7. Service Bell - Feist & Grizzly Bear

8. Digifucker - Fight Like Apes

9. Two Planets - Bat For Lashes

10. Dust & Water - Antony & The Johnsons

11. My Girls - Animal Collective

12. Glass - Bat For Lashes

13. When I Grow Up - Fever Ray

14. Welcome To England - Tori Amos

15. Love Story - Taylor Swift

I love getting the width and breadth of my main listening these past few months.

Bear in mind I arguably more OLD albums that I prefer more than 2009 ones. I ran out of track at around 12, and so added jokes.

(It's being released, so it's allowed on the list!)

It's not singles only... :heh:

Edited by Paj!
Automerged Doublepost

Thoughts on this in-progress mixtape? Bear in mind its for someone who has potential, but just needs exposure to good stuff.

Celebrity Skin - Hole

Sexy Boy - Air

The Bomb - New Young Pony Club

Birthday - The Sugarcubes

Alas, I Cannot Swim - Laura Marling

Under The Ivy - Kate Bush

Roads - Portishead

Thoughts on this in-progress mixtape? Bear in mind its for someone who has potential, but just needs exposure to good stuff.

Celebrity Skin - Hole

Sexy Boy - Air

The Bomb - New Young Pony Club

Birthday - The Sugarcubes

Alas, I Cannot Swim - Laura Marling

Under The Ivy - Kate Bush

Roads - Portishead

HMMM. Live Through This >>>>>> Celebrity Skin. It's a nice opener, but it feels like you need to have a song from Live Through This to justify it. I might also choose a more immediate/better Kate Bush one. Like And Dream Of Sheep or Rocket's Tail.

@ Goaferboy - I agree with Free Bird and Bohemian Rhapsody as being on your list of the best songs. They are indeed two of the best songs ever. Should be on everyone's list.

As for best songs of 2009 so far, the only one I can mention is No One Sleeps When I'm Awake by The Sounds as I haven't really listened to anything new this year, other than that, the new Lacuna Coil stuff, Lady GaGa and Kelly Clarkson.

Oh and Chair, I think you mean 'needs exposure to new stuff.' You're very guilty of stating your musical tastes are 'good' in relation to other things. I'm not going to start an argument over the good/bad thing but people really need to get it into their head that there isn't good or bad in music. Just personal tastes.

I do understand the love of Bohemian Rhapsody, but I don't think it's as untouchable as everyone makes it out to be.

It's really good, and has survived overplaying and time, but I find it more interesting than moving.

Yeah, it holds no emotional weight. It's really interesting to listen to, I'm not going to deny that, and it's lovely to sing along, but it's not like This Woman's Work / All Is Full Of Love which rip my heart out and throw it onto the floor and force me to weep into my dying crevass of a body.

Bohemian Rhapsody is too random. In the same way Skeletal Lamping by Of Montreal is too random.

I wouldn't even call it interesting.

As for this year, Quicken the Hear by Maximo Park is an awesome album. I can't remember anything else (new) I've listened to this year.